Most Painful Sharapova Final Loss? - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Which of the final loss hurts you most?

2006 Miami Final 2 2.56%
2007 AO Final 12 15.38%
2007 YEC Final 4 5.13%
2010 Cincinnati Final 11 14.10%
2011 Miami Final 2 2.56%
2011 Wimbledon Final 7 8.97%
2012 AO Final 30 38.46%
2012 Miami Final 24 30.77%
2012 Olympics Final 26 33.33%
Others 2 2.56%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Old Feb 1st, 2013, 12:10 AM   #61
country flag Stonerpova
`

Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Most Painful Sharapova Final Loss?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksenia. View Post
I wonder if all the people who are voting for 2012 losses were actually following Maria a while back?

Because nothing beats AO07 for me. I remember waking up at 3am for the match, all excited, and then it was over in like an hour... Never before she was demolished on a big stage like that, it was almost impossible to come to terms with And it was the fist slam final she lost, too.
I wasn't a tennis fan then, but I these days I can at least take solace in the fact that she was totally outplayed in that one. I've seen that match, and yeah it was embarrassing, but Serena has shown us time and time again since that match that there's no shame in losing easily to her. AO 2012 was a match 100% on Maria's racket and she totally fucked it up. That's what makes it sting the most for me.

I really couldn't give a shit about the Miami finals (the Cincy final stung, too, but it was still only Cincy) or the other MM titles she didn't win.

http://imageshack.us/a/img534/5492/maria1y.pnghttp://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4647/xk7s.png
Sharapova Ivanovic Jankovic Pavs Wozniacki Wickmayer Goerges Cetkovska Vaidisova
Tweet. Tumble. Blog.

Stonerpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 1st, 2013, 04:37 AM   #62
country flag SilverSlam
I-G-G-Y

SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute

THIS THREAD SUCKS SO I'M FIXING IT
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 05:38 AM   #63
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSlam View Post
THIS THREAD SUCKS SO I'M FIXING IT

Trih is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 06:32 AM   #64
country flag Stonerpova
`

Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute

Mark

http://imageshack.us/a/img534/5492/maria1y.pnghttp://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4647/xk7s.png
Sharapova Ivanovic Jankovic Pavs Wozniacki Wickmayer Goerges Cetkovska Vaidisova
Tweet. Tumble. Blog.

Stonerpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 06:44 AM   #65
country flag SilverSlam
I-G-G-Y

SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute

Hold up I'm creating something even more epic
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 06:46 AM   #66
country flag Maria rocks

Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of

2012 Australian Open Final. To see Maria cry like that broke my heart i just wanted to put my arm through the tv and around Maria and tell her it was ok.

Then On June 9th it was tears of joy.
Maria rocks is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 06:51 AM   #67
country flag Maria rocks

Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksenia. View Post
I wonder if all the people who are voting for 2012 losses were actually following Maria a while back?

Because nothing beats AO07 for me. I remember waking up at 3am for the match, all excited, and then it was over in like an hour... Never before she was demolished on a big stage like that, it was almost impossible to come to terms with And it was the fist slam final she lost, too.
Ive supported Maria since 2004. Yes that AO 2007 final was painful i remember it well but i felt AO 2012 was more painful because well its hard to explain but i could feel how much she wanted it i mean just look at that reaction when she beat Kvitova in the semi, then to lose to Vika in the final like that was heartbreaking.
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 09:29 AM   #68
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

have to say, it is awfully hilarious and by chance that she's won a slam in an even year, and each consecutive win she's wore black or white

ffs maria all you need to do is wear black or white!!!!
i bet for RG she'll wear like grey to piss us off
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 09:59 AM   #69
country flag Maria rocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Voices View Post
have to say, it is awfully hilarious and by chance that she's won a slam in an even year, and each consecutive win she's wore black or white

ffs maria all you need to do is wear black or white!!!!
i bet for RG she'll wear like grey to piss us off
HA HA yeah
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 11:45 AM   #70
country flag Sam L
Sunset, Moonrise, Winter

Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry I read the question incorrectly. I thought it asked which losses would hurt her the most. I picked AO '07 (she was world No. 1 and reigning US Open champion) and Olympics (comes around only once every four years).

None of these losses hurt me.

Pas de Quatre: Swan Lake, Giselle, The Nutcracker, Coppélia
Sam L is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 12:38 PM   #71
country flag Maria rocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam L View Post
Sorry I read the question incorrectly. I thought it asked which losses would hurt her the most. I picked AO '07 (she was world No. 1 and reigning US Open champion) and Olympics (comes around only once every four years).

None of these losses hurt me.
Well i think AO 12 hurt her judging by the tears when she lost.
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 12:41 PM   #72
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

I noticed 'near-to-tears' in the YEC 07 interview. But that match was amazing, unlike the AO where she just couldn't do anything right
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 01:07 PM   #73
country flag Maria rocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Voices View Post
I noticed 'near-to-tears' in the YEC 07 interview. But that match was amazing, unlike the AO where she just couldn't do anything right
True. Both loss's were hard to take. I hate seeing Masha upset

I would rather remember the good times and look forward to more good times.

Moments like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=2Owue9zevLY
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 02:27 PM   #74
country flag SilverSlam
I-G-G-Y

I missed a few, but YOLO.
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 02:54 PM   #75
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

I can't give you rep for this yet
Trih is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote