Has the WTA fandom affected personal relationships? - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 30th, 2013, 01:20 AM   #31
country flag égalité

égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Has the WTA fandom affected personal relationships?

Hell no. I leave that shit on this board like any sane person should.
Bitttchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh You Better Pay It Honey! The Devil Is A Liar!!!!! Bitches Get Interviews And Shit? Where They Do That At Honey? Girls Are Late Honey!!!! The Queen Needs To Get Into It Honey Cause The Girls Is Late Out Here! Yes Honey Im Throwing Epic Shade!

Management!
égalité is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 1st, 2013, 07:32 AM   #32
country flag Maria rocks

Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of
Anyone else drive their family mad with their tennis watching?

My dad gets so annoyed with me re all the tennis i watch on tv, Anyone else got family members who don't share their love of this fabulous sport?
Maria rocks is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 07:45 AM   #33
country flag vixter

vixter has a reputation beyond repute vixter has a reputation beyond repute vixter has a reputation beyond repute vixter has a reputation beyond repute vixter has a reputation beyond repute vixter has a reputation beyond repute vixter has a reputation beyond repute vixter has a reputation beyond repute vixter has a reputation beyond repute vixter has a reputation beyond repute vixter has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anyone else drive their family mad with their tennis watching?

Yep, when I was young(er) my dad used to freak out when I sat inside and watched Wimbledon in the summer instead of being outside in the sun or doing some chores like mowing the lawn.

Also my mom thought that I used tennis as an escape of reality from the fact that my parents were recently split up. In fact it didn't bother me, just wanted to watch the tennis.

Tennis-fan since 2001 Serena-fan since 2001
Don't hate the player hate the game. I dislike noone. Not even Sharapova.
vixter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 07:55 AM   #34
country flag Maria rocks

Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixter View Post
Yep, when I was young(er) my dad used to freak out when I sat inside and watched Wimbledon in the summer instead of being outside in the sun or doing some chores like mowing the lawn.

Also my mom thought that I used tennis as an escape of reality from the fact that my parents were recently split up. In fact it didn't bother me, just wanted to watch the tennis.
Oh i know why won't people just accept that we love tennis??!!! My dad thought good when Australian Open was finished then 2 days later i was watching WTA IN Paris ha ha.
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 08:06 AM   #35
country flag southpaw58

southpaw58 has much to be proud of southpaw58 has much to be proud of southpaw58 has much to be proud of southpaw58 has much to be proud of southpaw58 has much to be proud of southpaw58 has much to be proud of southpaw58 has much to be proud of southpaw58 has much to be proud of southpaw58 has much to be proud of southpaw58 has much to be proud of southpaw58 has much to be proud of

I got in trouble big time while watching Serena V. Sharapova -- 2005 Aus Open Semi. My room is right above the kitchen and I was sitting on my bedroom floor while watching. I was literally stomping and pounding the floor in frustration and the light in our kitchen would shake and I guess it almost broke. I got yelled at and I was told my reasoning was stupid and that it was "jut a match."

-_-
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 08:18 AM   #36
country flag darrinbaker00
Serena's #1 Hater

darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute

During the Australian Open, I had one match on the TV and another one on the laptop. Drove the wife nuts.
"He who finds a wife finds a good thing, and obtains favor from the Lord." -- Proverbs 18:22

"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard." -- Herb Brooks

"A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life." -- Muhammad Ali
darrinbaker00 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 09:03 AM   #37
country flag Maria rocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by southpaw58 View Post
I got in trouble big time while watching Serena V. Sharapova -- 2005 Aus Open Semi. My room is right above the kitchen and I was sitting on my bedroom floor while watching. I was literally stomping and pounding the floor in frustration and the light in our kitchen would shake and I guess it almost broke. I got yelled at and I was told my reasoning was stupid and that it was "jut a match."

-_-
Ah yeh but what they don't get is that its not just a match!! I remember US Open final 2006, was on early hours of the morning my time and when Maria won it i shouted so loud i woke my whole family up ha ha ha i wasan't very popular the next day but i didn't care at all!!
Also my dad thinks im weird cos instead of having a summer holiday i take two weeks off work for Wimbledon, but i love it and would much rather go to Wimbledon than sit on a beach for two weeks!!!
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 10:37 AM   #38
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

I get in so much trouble (even now at 21 when I'm just home from uni for the holidays )
mainly its because I'm watching tennis is some ridiculous timezone and I'd still be awake at like 4am with my eyes like as I'm staring at my laptop. I once shouted out a big KAMAN accidentally, and in terms of daytime tennis, my dad has one rule and one rule only: if Masha vs Vika is on then I have to watch them on volume 2

other thank that, when I'm in uni I can watch tennis at w/e time I want which is pretty great.
and me and my friend have had (sounds sad/hilarious) grand slam sleepovers where we alternate between each others houses and watch the rounds as they progress throughout the night
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 10:54 AM   #39
country flag GOATdin0931

GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute

At first I really frustrated everyone in my family, but now Ive got some family members hooked on tennis too!
GOATdin0931 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 10:57 AM   #40
country flag Maria rocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by moodin0931 View Post
At first I really frustrated everyone in my family, but now Ive got some family members hooked on tennis too!
Yeah ive got my mum interested. She loves Andy Murray hehe and she really wants Wozniacki to win a slam.
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 11:35 AM   #41
country flag pedropt

pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute

Let's just say I KAMAN a lot when my faves are playing = people thinking I'm crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moodin0931 View Post
Yup. My grandmother. She's 81 and she can barely see the ball on clay.
pedropt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 11:43 AM   #42
country flag Iblis

Iblis has a reputation beyond repute Iblis has a reputation beyond repute Iblis has a reputation beyond repute Iblis has a reputation beyond repute Iblis has a reputation beyond repute Iblis has a reputation beyond repute Iblis has a reputation beyond repute Iblis has a reputation beyond repute Iblis has a reputation beyond repute Iblis has a reputation beyond repute Iblis has a reputation beyond repute

Hmm no, not that much.
Iblis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 11:48 AM   #43
country flag heavyhorse

heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute

It was my family that got me into tennis Granted they're not bigger fans than me but hey ho. I don't live with my family anymore though.
heavyhorse is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 11:48 AM   #44
Serenita

Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech1 View Post
"Jesus take the wheel"
Serenita is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 11:54 AM   #45
country flag Losing Streak
Losing sensation for you my love I fear

Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixter View Post

Same here

I felt so misunderstood. Now I live on my own so I can do what I want without having anyone on my back.
Losing Streak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote