Sloane Stephens on CNN & Ellen Show today - Page 8 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 1st, 2013, 01:55 AM   #106
country flag gbenga

gbenga has a reputation beyond repute gbenga has a reputation beyond repute gbenga has a reputation beyond repute gbenga has a reputation beyond repute gbenga has a reputation beyond repute gbenga has a reputation beyond repute gbenga has a reputation beyond repute gbenga has a reputation beyond repute gbenga has a reputation beyond repute gbenga has a reputation beyond repute gbenga has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sloane Stephens on CNN & Ellen Show today

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonflies View Post

Did you even read my posts earlier and understood them, at all
?

Like it or not, stats that I pulled out was in the record book, not from one's arbitrary bias ( definitely from yours
). And they certainly didn't count qualification draws, whether you like it or not, especially they didn't desperately count a few " the testing water tournaments" of a small stick figure 13yo Serena 2 years before she started on tour.
Please stop arguing with that individual. His failed posts and threads are legendary. He thinks that Serena was not good enough because she lost her first professional match at age 13
gbenga is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 1st, 2013, 01:56 AM   #107
country flag Deestruction
Two-timing...

Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreendestiny View Post
Venus made Serena so stfu.
What is this fuckery?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixter View Post
But he's right in a way, Venus made Serena. Venus is the older sister. She paved the way. Serena wanted to be everything Venus was and ordered the same food as her at restaurants. If Venus had stopped tennis at 15 to work at KFC, Serena would have done the same.
Age has nothing to do with it. Venus couldnt beat the badass mouth Hingis in that semi final. Serena was the one who stop this bitch from winning another title in the us open. She was the first african american since Athea Gibson in 1959. Serena was the first african american to win austrailian open and french open. Serena was clocking out bitches before they even got recognized. So NO to Venus making Serena. Serena had the balls and the fire to snatch their wigs and put them into her collection. Venus was so jealous of serena the fact that she hingis and she didnt. If you looked at her reaction during the match. It says it all. I love Venus too and i grew up loving both sisters, but what you just said was pure BS.

http://deestruction.tumblr.com/
Deestruction is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 02:01 AM   #108
Two-timing...

Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen Lawson View Post
Let me tell you a true story. I was a big Steffi fan. Nervous during matches, hated when she lost, etc. Thought Monica was Satan before she got stabbed, and sadly did not appreciate Monica at that time. Another story for another day.

Anyway, so Steffi is making her way back on tour in late '98 and of course I'm watching the Indian Wells final in '99 and am of course nervous because this Serena character is really taking it to Steffi. WTH? Serena is down a break in the third set and with a bad knee. Fine, girl took it to Steffi but thankfully she has faded. But she didn't! Bitch comes back and wins. Against my girl!! WTH, X100. I was not happy at all. So, I've been watching this with one of the fags I'm usually stuck with who rarely watches tennis, and Serena is making her speech about how she now knows what it's like to be on a roll (having won Paris Indoors the previous week). So my fag says that Steffi has been on a roll her whole career and why begrudge this young girl her roll? And you know what? He was right! So I turned it around and was happy for the teen Serena and her "roll" and have been a fan ever since, and appreciated her gutsy moves against my gal in that match and her fighting spirit. I'm not sure getting to the SF of the Australian Open is equivalent to winning Indian Wells over Steffi, but let this girl have her chance in the sun and go on a few talk shows! This could be the highpoint in her career which she should enjoy now, or a hint of thing to come like with Serena in '99.
Girl PREEEEEACH!!!!!!!!!!

Old Feb 1st, 2013, 02:03 AM   #109
Two-timing...

Sloane is a very sweet girl and great personality. I saw her Tennisography as well and fell in love with her. Shes amazing!!!!

Old Feb 1st, 2013, 02:08 AM   #110
country flag brickhousesupporter

brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonflies View Post
There are 2 points that brickhoussuporter raised in the comparisons: youngest ever to reach the top 10 and fastest to come out of the block and beating a bunch of top 10 players.

Capriati took the first, Serena took the second.

"The youngest ever" ones that you mentioned in your post was NOT the point that originally raised by them and was debated. It was understandable, due to Capriati went full force at a later age due to her father's pushing. Hingis also set a bunch of records of youngest ever. But those were the main reason for burning out, not to be encouraged, hence the age restriction rules.

Personally, I found a youngster came out and started beating top players right at once is more impressive at showed with Serena and Seles both of whom are in the discussion of The Greatest of All Time, while Capriati and Hingis, while great, are certainly many cuts below.
I never said youngest anything.......
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 02:08 AM   #111
country flag JLG

JLG has a brilliant future JLG has a brilliant future JLG has a brilliant future JLG has a brilliant future JLG has a brilliant future JLG has a brilliant future JLG has a brilliant future JLG has a brilliant future JLG has a brilliant future JLG has a brilliant future JLG has a brilliant future

Lookin at that pic right....of lil bitty Serena next to giant Jennifer, and for her to just tweet that she's seen enough of her to last a lifetime makes me chuckle
JLG is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 03:28 AM   #112
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by stegall View Post
meh I wouldn't take Ellen shading Serena too seriously. She's a comedian and Serena's been on her show twice before..But anyway when is the CNN interview?
Here is the CNN interview http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/bes...s-aus-open.cnn
guichard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 04:13 AM   #113
country flag n1_and_uh_noone

n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute

I don't care what anyone says. This girl has star quality. She just lights up the screen, and I don't just mean with her perfect smile and well-defined features.

- Li Na

(after dramatic 3-set AO 2013 final, where she took 2 nasty spills and twisted her ankle).
n1_and_uh_noone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote