Sloane Stephens on CNN & Ellen Show today - Page 6 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 31st, 2013, 11:03 AM   #76
country flag Mary Cherry.

Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sloane Stephens on CNN & Ellen Show today

Fun interview.
Mary Cherry. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 31st, 2013, 01:37 PM   #77
country flag Marilyn Monheaux

Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pump-it-UP View Post
So she should turn down these offers? It's not like she withdrew from a tournament this week to go talk to Ellen. Her net worth has probably quadrupled over the past week. This is terrific exposure for both her and the sport. I don't see why she should be criticized for this.

Because it's highly unlikely that she will bag a ton of quality/top 10 wins over the next few months. Most people hearing about her beating Serena didn't even see the match and don't know the circumstances under which Sloane was able to defend her and therefore have high and unrealistic expectations in her. The more talk their is about the (little, let's be honest) success she's had thus far, the more is expected of her and the more will they rip into her or just call her results "disappointing" if she doesn't life up to her hype. Which she won't (yet).
Marilyn Monheaux is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 01:59 PM   #78
country flag ZeroSumGame

ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Monheaux View Post
Because it's highly unlikely that she will bag a ton of quality/top 10 wins over the next few months. Most people hearing about her beating Serena didn't even see the match and don't know the circumstances under which Sloane was able to defend her and therefore have high and unrealistic expectations in her. The more talk their is about the (little, let's be honest) success she's had thus far, the more is expected of her and the more will they rip into her or just call her results "disappointing" if she doesn't life up to her hype. Which she won't (yet).
THIS!!!! Hit it right on the nail
ZeroSumGame is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 02:14 PM   #79
Olórin

Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roookie View Post
DEAD So much shade from Ellen to Serena

"You beat her...she wasn't happy"
"She smashed her racket or maybe she slipped"
"She shouts C'mons...she really gets into it...do u think is at you or herself"

Ellen
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpeas View Post
Ellen was telling Sloane In about why that Serena does that com on ,,you have to hear Ellen say to Sloane do you think it's her Serena telling herself come on! Ellen likes Serena and Sloane knew what Ellen meant!Sloane got real quite.There was know shade throw on Serena,please stop the crap!!
Sweetpeas completely clocked Rookie What a worthless troll he is
Olórin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 02:57 PM   #80
country flag Andiyan

Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cetkovskán View Post
I like Sloane but this is Melanie Oudin all over again.
+1
Andiyan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 03:19 PM   #81
country flag BuTtErFrEnA
Rena's Army

BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olórin View Post
Sweetpeas completely clocked Rookie What a worthless troll he is
oh my

I shall destroy the temple, and rebuild it in 3 days
BuTtErFrEnA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 03:44 PM   #82
country flag brickhousesupporter

brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreendestiny View Post
Venus made Serena so stfu.
Who won the first Williams major? Who beat more top 10 players faster than anybody ever has and ever will? Who had the fastest rise into the top 10 ever? Cut the crap.
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 03:49 PM   #83
country flag stegall

stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all

meh I wouldn't take Ellen shading Serena too seriously. She's a comedian and Serena's been on her show twice before..But anyway when is the CNN interview?
stegall is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 08:31 PM   #84
country flag pla

pla has a reputation beyond repute pla has a reputation beyond repute pla has a reputation beyond repute pla has a reputation beyond repute pla has a reputation beyond repute pla has a reputation beyond repute pla has a reputation beyond repute pla has a reputation beyond repute pla has a reputation beyond repute pla has a reputation beyond repute pla has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpeas View Post
Ellen was telling Sloane In about why that Serena does that com on ,,you have to hear Ellen say to Sloane do you think it's her Serena telling herself come on! Ellen likes Serena and Sloane knew what Ellen meant!Sloane got real quite.There was know shade throw on Serena,please stop the crap!!
Are you a native English speaker? Or is this some new slang I am yet to see online?

Anyway, I hope Sloane will use the media attention in a healthy way- eventually bringing more attention to American female tennis, and just enjoying herself.
pla is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 09:26 PM   #85
country flag vixter

vixter has a reputation beyond repute vixter has a reputation beyond repute vixter has a reputation beyond repute vixter has a reputation beyond repute vixter has a reputation beyond repute vixter has a reputation beyond repute vixter has a reputation beyond repute vixter has a reputation beyond repute vixter has a reputation beyond repute vixter has a reputation beyond repute vixter has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickhousesupporter View Post
Who won the first Williams major? Who beat more top 10 players faster than anybody ever has and ever will? Who had the fastest rise into the top 10 ever? Cut the crap.
But he's right in a way, Venus made Serena. Venus is the older sister. She paved the way. Serena wanted to be everything Venus was and ordered the same food as her at restaurants. If Venus had stopped tennis at 15 to work at KFC, Serena would have done the same.

Tennis-fan since 2001 Serena-fan since 2001
Don't hate the player hate the game. I dislike noone. Not even Sharapova.
vixter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 10:15 PM   #86
country flag ZeroSumGame

ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixter View Post
But he's right in a way, Venus made Serena. Venus is the older sister. She paved the way. Serena wanted to be everything Venus was and ordered the same food as her at restaurants. If Venus had stopped tennis at 15 to work at KFC, Serena would have done the same.
Serena made both Venus & Sharapova ...Venus was inspired by Serena's 1st grand slam, winning her 1st the year after ...Sharapova's entry to the big stage was at Wimbledon after defeating a favored Serena
ZeroSumGame is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 10:34 PM   #87
Trickle
Cetkovstan

Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute

I recall Venus saying something like "Well she won her first slam before I did... so if anything, I should be looking up to her" with a grin.
Trickle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 10:36 PM   #88
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickhousesupporter View Post
That would be Capriati to both.
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 10:56 PM   #89
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute

Sloane Stephens won't be next Serena , but she will be top 10 player for sure... and an admired by public with a number of endorsement contracts top 10 player. She is preety, nice, easy-going, already decent tennis player who can compete vs best players.... Great potential for a new star....

by the way her current record at GS tournaments SF, 4R, 3R, 3R .....it's pretty impressive nowadays as most of current top players haven't reached Semis at Major at that age

WTA Championships 2004
London Olympics silver medallist

33 WTA titles , including 13 Tier I titles
21 weeks #1 player

Last edited by NashaMasha : Jan 31st, 2013 at 11:04 PM.
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 11:02 PM   #90
country flag hankqq

hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute

Stephens had an opportunity to appear in the press. Why bash her for it? It would be silly not to take the offers. She has plenty of time to back up her ranking. Not only are players trying to be the best in the sport, but they're also trying to make money. I'm sure her agent/publicist are going to work her AO SF for all it's worth I'm a fan of Sloane but I'm just happy any time a tennis player appears on a big show in the US. Tennis needs any extra boast it can get in this country.
hankqq is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote