Top 10 Fastest Serves of All Time (Venus,Serena,Ana,Na,4 Germans) - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 31st, 2013, 07:50 AM   #46
country flag Trickle
#80, #55

Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Top 10 Fastest Serves of All Time (Venus,Serena,Ana,Na,4 Germans)

I knew that Na one was a load of bollocks the moment I saw it in the thread title.

Venus and Serena have probably served 130+mph serves in practice before, just not fortunate to get it clocked. I know Serena says she can hit a serve that goes awol at 150mph, so there's potential for them to break their own records.

Someone in Serena's presser actually confirmed Sabine's 210km in Bali as legitimate and Serena's response "Oh really?".

I mean these serve speeds are nice for a novelty factor but precision is the most important aspect of a good serve obviously.
Trickle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 31st, 2013, 08:02 AM   #47
country flag The Witch-king

The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CetkovskŠn View Post
I knew that Na one was a load of bollocks the moment I saw it in the thread title.

Venus and Serena have probably served 130+mph serves in practice before, just not fortunate to get it clocked. I know Serena says she can hit a serve that goes awol at 150mph, so there's potential for them to break their own records.

Someone in Serena's presser actually confirmed Sabine's 210km in Bali as legitimate and Serena's response "Oh really?".

I mean these serve speeds are nice for a novelty factor but precision is the most important aspect of a good serve obviously.
They didn't confirm it. They just brought it up. Must of seen the YouTube video like everyone else.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JN View Post
A Black man fighting for his people against institutionalized racism and its supporters, whenever they raised their ugly heads. He hated White people, period. After making his Hajj to Mecca, denouncing the teachings of the Honorable Elijah Muhammad, becoming a Sunni Muslim and changing his name, he could no longer justify his blanket hatred of Whites, but still fought against racism no less fervently.
The Witch-king is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 08:24 AM   #48
country flag Trickle
#80, #55

Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cwiny Tyeka Cwer View Post
They didn't confirm it. They just brought it up. Must of seen the YouTube video like everyone else.
That's what I meant. I was reading the interview with one eyebrow raised cause I got the impression that they were treating it like it was legitimate.
Trickle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 09:02 AM   #49
country flag The Witch-king

The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CetkovskŠn View Post
That's what I meant. I was reading the interview with one eyebrow raised cause I got the impression that they were treating it like it was legitimate.
Has there been any word on why that serve wasn't recorded? I remember there was a lot of talk about the Bali having random serve speeds, but I don't recall any official statement on the issue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JN View Post
A Black man fighting for his people against institutionalized racism and its supporters, whenever they raised their ugly heads. He hated White people, period. After making his Hajj to Mecca, denouncing the teachings of the Honorable Elijah Muhammad, becoming a Sunni Muslim and changing his name, he could no longer justify his blanket hatred of Whites, but still fought against racism no less fervently.
The Witch-king is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 09:04 AM   #50
country flag Pops Maellard
Quiche

Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute

Rubbish. No offense but Li Na couldn't serve that fast in her dreams .

Come Along If You Need A Break From Tennis, But Want To Stay On TF.
Pops Maellard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 09:08 AM   #51
country flag The Dawntreader
La Divina Assoluta

The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viktymise View Post
Sprem used to be able to hit 122/3 MPH, I believe.
Sprem at Wimbledon '04 was regularly around the 118-119mph mark, so I have no doubt her fastest was 120+.
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 09:14 AM   #52
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
not only precision , but consistent high speed also. Some players can hit one serve 120mph+ per career , Venus can hit 115-120 mph in every match
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 09:15 AM   #53
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
not only precision , but consistent high speed also. Some players can hit one serve 120mph+ per career , Venus can hit 115-120 mph in every match
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 09:22 AM   #54
country flag JarkaFish
Multiform

JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viktymise View Post
I have never seen Goerges hit a serve near 120 MPH. Never. And then suddenly she hits a 126 MPH out of nowhere? Doesn't work like that, sorry.

And Na hitting in the 120 MPH range is even more unbelievable.
Er, how many times have you seen Goerges play? Girl can really slam down the serves when she's firing, I don't doubt for a second that she spiked a 126 MPH serve.
JarkaFish is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 10:52 AM   #55
country flag Alwaysfan

Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future

Wrong!
Conchita,DeSwart and Stevenson have 200 kmh serves
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 12:28 PM   #56
country flag kangwoo
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

kangwoo is a name known to all kangwoo is a name known to all kangwoo is a name known to all kangwoo is a name known to all kangwoo is a name known to all kangwoo is a name known to all kangwoo is a name known to all kangwoo is a name known to all kangwoo is a name known to all kangwoo is a name known to all kangwoo is a name known to all

malek with awful serve can serve that fast? lotsa double faults during hopman cup

KVITOVA
WIMBLEDON , YEC 2011 CHAMPION

AZARENKA
AUSTRALIAN OPEN 2012 & 2013 CHAMPION
kangwoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 12:54 PM   #57
country flag T-rex

T-rex has a reputation beyond repute T-rex has a reputation beyond repute T-rex has a reputation beyond repute T-rex has a reputation beyond repute T-rex has a reputation beyond repute T-rex has a reputation beyond repute T-rex has a reputation beyond repute T-rex has a reputation beyond repute T-rex has a reputation beyond repute T-rex has a reputation beyond repute T-rex has a reputation beyond repute

I'm always a little skeptical with these kinds of numbers. I think it can differentiate tiers of servers based on speed. But to say definitively that one server is faster than another based on this measuring method is suspect. That's true in baseball too, where these numbers are even more valued.

Its interesting that all of the top numbers are from the last few years. Equipment alone can't explain that. I think it does tell us that todays WTA player is far more fit, athletic and powerful, not just from players 20-30-40 years ago. But from players even 10 years ago.

On the ATP side, I think the speed of a Pete Samperas serve or even an Andy Roddick serve from the early 2000s would hold up today. Not so in the women's game.
T-rex is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 12:57 PM   #58
country flag Cooper96

Cooper96 has much to be proud of Cooper96 has much to be proud of Cooper96 has much to be proud of Cooper96 has much to be proud of Cooper96 has much to be proud of Cooper96 has much to be proud of Cooper96 has much to be proud of Cooper96 has much to be proud of Cooper96 has much to be proud of Cooper96 has much to be proud of Cooper96 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1SteffiGraf#1 View Post
So Venus serves one at 129, but never again came within 30 of that one? Hard to believe.
They only put each person on the list once
Tennis Tipping: CH: 29 Current: 29 Champion: 2013 ITF Montpellier, 2013 ITF Astana, 2013 ITF Donetsk, 2013 ITF Madrid
CYP: CH: 22 Current: 24 Champion: 2013 Birmingham
Tennis Tipping Doubles: CH: 104 Current: 104 Champion: 2013 ITF Croissy Beaubourg, 2013 ITF Olomouc, 2013 ITF Donetsk, 2013 ITF Braunschweig, 2014 ITF Launceston
Cooper96 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote