Sloane Stephens on CNN & Ellen Show today - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 31st, 2013, 05:21 AM   #61
country flag LadyLil

LadyLil has much to be proud of LadyLil has much to be proud of LadyLil has much to be proud of LadyLil has much to be proud of LadyLil has much to be proud of LadyLil has much to be proud of LadyLil has much to be proud of LadyLil has much to be proud of LadyLil has much to be proud of LadyLil has much to be proud of LadyLil has much to be proud of
Re: Sloane Stephens on CNN & Ellen Show today

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanNYC View Post
I don't have an issue with Sloane getting her shine on, but i've seen this less than impressive USTA movie before. As great a champion Serena is, she has never been what they wanted. They are wetting themselves with glee, trying to produce a Serena Williams replacement, who came up through their ranks. I like that Sloane is out there getting her shine and money, but I am worried about how it will affect her going forward. She has not proven anything, nor has she won anything.
And that is a wrap.
LadyLil is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 31st, 2013, 06:03 AM   #62
country flag Bijoux0021

Bijoux0021 has a reputation beyond repute Bijoux0021 has a reputation beyond repute Bijoux0021 has a reputation beyond repute Bijoux0021 has a reputation beyond repute Bijoux0021 has a reputation beyond repute Bijoux0021 has a reputation beyond repute Bijoux0021 has a reputation beyond repute Bijoux0021 has a reputation beyond repute Bijoux0021 has a reputation beyond repute Bijoux0021 has a reputation beyond repute Bijoux0021 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cwiny Tyeka Cwer View Post
I don't get why people say this. She is so jealous and petty of other people receiving attention that she will make sure to do whatever she can in her power to make sure they don't get it again. Is that supposed to be a compliment?
No, it's about proving to everyone that had she not been injured Slaone would not have won that match.

*B
artoli*Haynes *A.Bondarenko*Safarova*Zheng*

*Federer*Nadal*Djokovic*Blake*Baghdatis*Safin*Monfils*Moya*

*Santoro*Mirnyi*Tsonga*Young*Gulbis*Murray*
Bijoux0021 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 06:09 AM   #63
country flag Sir Stefwhit

Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I don't get why people say this. She is so jealous and petty of other people receiving attention that she will make sure to do whatever she can in her power to make sure they don't get it again. Is that supposed to be a compliment?
Nobody said that except for you...

The quote you responded to said, "I can only imagine Serena's motivation the next time they face each other". Are you new to tennis? Are you not aware that typically when Serena suffers a loss she's extra motivated to avenge that loss the next time around. And this is escalated when someone beats her in a major.

I won't even bother bringing up the injury because in sports that part of the game...

In the prediction thread I commented that playing Sloane could be tricky because of the friend dynamic- Serena doesn't play against her friends as fiercely as she does against her rivals. I'm sure all the attention she's received because of the win hasn't gone unnoticed by Rena. I don't think Rena cares one way or the other truthfully but all the attention will naturally add to the hype the next time these two face each other and those kinds of matches are what Serena thrives on.

The bigger the stakes and the more focus, the more determined Serena is- and I think that's what people are trying to say. It isn't nearly as sinister as you twist it (or want it) to be.
The REAL GOAT Rafael Nadal
Future Inductees: Clijsters, C.Evert, A.Agassi, A.Berasategui, N. Zvereva, I.Majoli, M.Safin, Li Na, VIKA, and Del Potro
Sir Stefwhit is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 06:12 AM   #64
country flag The Witch-king

The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Stefwhit View Post
Nobody said that except for you...

The quote you responded to said, "I can only imagine Serena's motivation the next time they face each other". Are you new to tennis? Are you not aware that typically when Serena suffers a loss she's extra motivated to avenge that loss the next time around. And this is escalated when someone beats her in a major.

I won't even bother bringing up the injury because in sports that part of the game...

In the prediction thread I commented that playing Sloane could be tricky because of the friend dynamic- Serena doesn't play against her friends as fiercely as she does against her rivals. I'm sure all the attention she's received because of the win hasn't gone unnoticed by Rena. I don't think Rena cares one way or the other truthfully but all the attention will naturally add to the hype the next time these two face each other and those kinds of matches are what Serena thrives on.

The bigger the stakes and the more focus, the more determined Serena is- and I think that's what people are trying to say. It isn't nearly as sinister as you twist it (or want it) to be.
Boy, bye. The thread is about Sloane getting media attention about her win over Serena. How else is one expected to interpret it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JN View Post
A Black man fighting for his people against institutionalized racism and its supporters, whenever they raised their ugly heads. He hated White people, period. After making his Hajj to Mecca, denouncing the teachings of the Honorable Elijah Muhammad, becoming a Sunni Muslim and changing his name, he could no longer justify his blanket hatred of Whites, but still fought against racism no less fervently.
The Witch-king is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 06:42 AM   #65

Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Boy, bye. The thread is about Sloane getting media attention about her win over Serena. How else is one expected to interpret it?
With common sense instead of trying to add hyperbole and inflammatory nonsense...which is what u tried and failed at. You were able to correctly decipher what this thread was about but u didn't do a good job of understanding what us fans mean when we say Serena will be motivated for the rematch.

More than glad to help...
Future Inductees: Clijsters, C.Evert, A.Agassi, A.Berasategui, N. Zvereva, I.Majoli, M.Safin, Li Na, VIKA, and Del Potro
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 06:59 AM   #66

The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
With common sense instead of trying to add hyperbole and inflammatory nonsense...which is what u tried and failed at. You were able to correctly decipher what this thread was about but u didn't do a good job of understanding what us fans mean when we say Serena will be motivated for the rematch.

More than glad to help...
Why are you so mad And why do you feel obliged to speak on other people's behalf? Frenchie posted that comment in a thread with a very specific context, which is what my post was in response to. I don't understand why you of all people are getting so riled up and sensitive about something that supposedly isn't true.
Quote:
A Black man fighting for his people against institutionalized racism and its supporters, whenever they raised their ugly heads. He hated White people, period. After making his Hajj to Mecca, denouncing the teachings of the Honorable Elijah Muhammad, becoming a Sunni Muslim and changing his name, he could no longer justify his blanket hatred of Whites, but still fought against racism no less fervently.
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 07:00 AM   #67
coolfish1103

coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute

So we have Hypson and Hyphens now?
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 07:12 AM   #68

Quote:
Why are you so mad And why do you feel obliged to speak on other people's behalf? Frenchie posted that comment in a thread with a very specific context, which is what my post was in response to. I don't understand why you of all people are getting so riled up and sensitive about something that supposedly isn't true.
Who's mad...

You really aren't good at interpreting posts, now are you..."riled up and sensitive"

Other people's behalf? Well u said, "why do PEOPLE say this" I guess u meant to say why do YOU say this...

But fair enough, I will let Frenchie speak for herself and she can clarify if she meant to insinuate that Serena is petty and jealous of Slaone...

Last edited by Sir Stefwhit : Jan 31st, 2013 at 07:20 AM.
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 07:15 AM   #69

Quote:
Who's mad...

You really aren't good at interpreting post, now are you..."riled up and sensitive"

Other people's behalf? Well u said, "why do PEOPLE say this" I guess u me at to say why do YOU say this...

But fair enough, I will let Frenchie speak for herself and she can clarify if she meant to insinuate that Serena is petty and jealous of Slaone...
Yeah I'm not ashamed to say I can barely interpret this mess.

And thank you to the rest
Quote:
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 07:24 AM   #70

Quote:
Yeah I'm not ashamed to say I can barely interpret this mess.

And thank you to the rest
The old 'get em w.grammar' when all else fails tactic. <edit>

It's an ipad with funky auto-correction and its a msg board...geez

Nonetheless my points are valid and undisputed so unto u I say, 'good day'.
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 07:31 AM   #71
country flag Londoner

Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute

Well, anything that raises the profile of the Tour.... I just hope Sloane gets further success then there would be a real surge in interest.
Londoner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 07:37 AM   #72
country flag shoparound

shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanNYC View Post
I don't have an issue with Sloane getting her shine on, but i've seen this less than impressive USTA movie before. As great a champion Serena is, she has never been what they wanted. They are wetting themselves with glee, trying to produce a Serena Williams replacement, who came up through their ranks. I like that Sloane is out there getting her shine and money, but I am worried about how it will affect her going forward. She has not proven anything, nor has she won anything.

This is actually a pretty good point.
I mean imagine if Sloane's quotes were put in Serena's mouth.... The USTA would not hold back letting the media trash her.
shoparound is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 07:48 AM   #73
country flag thegreendestiny

thegreendestiny has a reputation beyond repute thegreendestiny has a reputation beyond repute thegreendestiny has a reputation beyond repute thegreendestiny has a reputation beyond repute thegreendestiny has a reputation beyond repute thegreendestiny has a reputation beyond repute thegreendestiny has a reputation beyond repute thegreendestiny has a reputation beyond repute thegreendestiny has a reputation beyond repute thegreendestiny has a reputation beyond repute thegreendestiny has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alarmed View Post
As usual, Serena making people's careers.
Venus made Serena so stfu.
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 10:01 AM   #74
country flag Helen Lawson

Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute

Ha! We have our own Eve Harrington now! Or has Nomi Malone finally made her appearance in "Goddess"?

Anyway, if she got no press attention, it would be even worse.
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 10:05 AM   #75
country flag Sam L
blue swan

Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen Lawson View Post
Ha! We have our own Eve Harrington now!
That's what I was thinking too.

In the mood for love of Clio & Urania
Sam L is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote