White Jamaicans - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 30th, 2013, 09:28 PM   #1
country flag pov

pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute
White Jamaicans

Recently I've begun to notice that many people don't think there are white Jamaicans. So:

Advertisement

Old Jan 30th, 2013, 09:58 PM   #2
country flag Slammer7
Hoping for less D'oh and more woohoo!

Slammer7 has a reputation beyond repute Slammer7 has a reputation beyond repute Slammer7 has a reputation beyond repute Slammer7 has a reputation beyond repute Slammer7 has a reputation beyond repute Slammer7 has a reputation beyond repute Slammer7 has a reputation beyond repute Slammer7 has a reputation beyond repute Slammer7 has a reputation beyond repute Slammer7 has a reputation beyond repute Slammer7 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: White Jamaicans

There are not only White Jamaicans, but Asian and Indian Jamaicans. If people don't know that Jamaica is multicultural just like all Caribbean islands then they are just ignorant. The Caribbean has been a hub of trade for centuries and tradesman have stayed there, brought their families over and raised them there. They also have married locals and established some truly unique fusions in culture and tradition. Chinese Jamaicans and Chinese Trinidadians have some truly amazing fusion cuisine. I've lived across the street from Indian Trinidadians and the Ragga and Reggae would be pumping on a Saturday night.
Isn't Mary Carillo a dried up, bitter, menopausal, frustrated harpy.....?
Slammer7 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 06:44 AM   #3
country flag The Witch-king

The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute

They need to go back to their country
The Witch-king is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 07:34 AM   #4
country flag alex.2812

alex.2812 has much to be proud of alex.2812 has much to be proud of alex.2812 has much to be proud of alex.2812 has much to be proud of alex.2812 has much to be proud of alex.2812 has much to be proud of alex.2812 has much to be proud of alex.2812 has much to be proud of alex.2812 has much to be proud of alex.2812 has much to be proud of alex.2812 has much to be proud of

I'd love to visit Jamaica one day. Last summer I had the choice between Cuba and Jamaica but I chose Cuba.
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 07:46 AM   #5
country flag Londoner

Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cwiny Tyeka Cwer View Post
Stupid.

And if Europeans say that about blacks born in Europe?

No one has a country that belongs solely to them. Everyone descends from immigrants. Including black Jamaicans.
Londoner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 07:58 AM   #6
country flag The Witch-king

The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoner View Post
Stupid.

And if Europeans say that about blacks born in Europe?
Like they don't

Quote:
No one has a country that belongs solely to them. Everyone descends from immigrants. Including black Jamaicans.
Black Jamaicans are not immigrants
The Witch-king is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 09:30 AM   #7
country flag Talula

Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Black Jamaicans are not immigrants
They are. They are of African descent. Buy a history book.

Players I root for now: Heather, Laura, Lucie, Marion, Serena, Simona, Svetlana, Venus, Vika. And Caroline.
Doubles and Mixed Doubles are fun and underrated.
Talula is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 09:50 AM   #8
country flag Beat

Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
i really, really hope you're being facetious.

Beat is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 10:11 AM   #9
country flag Helen Lawson

Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute

In the novel, Helen marries, like her fourth time, a guy who has a plantation in Jamaica, but the marriage goes rotten and Helen is back on Broadway in a new musical by the end of the novel. But they don't know how to do hair in Jamaica, so all of Helen's hair was burned off and she's bald and wearing a wig when Neely tears it off in the ladies room after Helen makes a gay-remark about Neely's twins, Bud and Jud.
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 03:47 PM   #10
country flag Drake1980

Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute

Random thread

~CASTANO~MEUSBURGER~SADIKOVIC~J.Cohen~
Drake1980 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 04:36 PM   #11
country flag azdaja

azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slammer7 View Post
There are not only White Jamaicans, but Asian and Indian Jamaicans. If people don't know that Jamaica is multicultural just like all Caribbean islands then they are just ignorant. The Caribbean has been a hub of trade for centuries and tradesman have stayed there, brought their families over and raised them there. They also have married locals and established some truly unique fusions in culture and tradition. Chinese Jamaicans and Chinese Trinidadians have some truly amazing fusion cuisine. I've lived across the street from Indian Trinidadians and the Ragga and Reggae would be pumping on a Saturday night.
all this is nothing new even though surprisingly few people know about it. back in the day when sean paul was ruling the charts i remember reading how he had black, white and chinese ancestors. the instrumental of his big hit "get busy" is called "diwali", which is an indian holiday. trinidad has one of the biggest ethnic south asian populations in the world.

however, it is not the only misconception people have about people from a certain country. brazil is much bigger than jamaica yet so many people fail to realise most brazilians are white.
azdaja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 05:32 PM   #12
country flag Keegan

Keegan has a reputation beyond repute Keegan has a reputation beyond repute Keegan has a reputation beyond repute Keegan has a reputation beyond repute Keegan has a reputation beyond repute Keegan has a reputation beyond repute Keegan has a reputation beyond repute Keegan has a reputation beyond repute Keegan has a reputation beyond repute Keegan has a reputation beyond repute Keegan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Like they don't
Nope. I haven't told anyone to go back to their country. Neither have my friends, family, teachers and lecturers and pretty much everyone else I've ever encountered in Europe. Don't generalize. Besides, if I were to go back to my country, I'd be going back to South Africa. I'm sure if these guys returned to their country, they'd stick in Jamaica.
Wimbledon 2004
US Open 2006

Victoria Azarenka | Li Na | Angelique Kerber | Ana Ivanovic | Serena Williams | Heather Watson | Sloane Stephens
Keegan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 07:40 PM   #13
country flag miffedmax
Worshipping the bangs

miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute

If we follow "go back to our country" logic to its extreme don't we all eventually end up in Ethopia?
It's going to be really fucking crowded.
"I read on the internet that there is something chipmunky about me :-)"--Andrea H.

Elena Viatcheslavovna Dementieva--Eternal Goddess of the Divine Bangs

Last edited by miffedmax : Jan 31st, 2013 at 07:56 PM.
miffedmax is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 12:00 AM   #14
country flag Infiniti2001
Veelieve!!!

Infiniti2001 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slammer7 View Post
This!! The Caribbean is a unique place and everyone (Americans especially) should try to visit an island or two in their lifetime.. There are more Syrians than in some parts of Syria , all of whom seem to be Christian in my homeland St Lucia, and there are so many white people too. If you're not St Lucian and you hear them talking the native language Kweyol which is a French dialect , you will freak out Same goes for Indians and Chinese...
Infiniti2001 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 12:02 AM   #15
country flag Infiniti2001
Veelieve!!!

Infiniti2001 has disabled reputation

Quote:
IGNORANT
Infiniti2001 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote