Which players have the highest 'TENNIS' IQ? - Page 8 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Which player in the Open Era has the Highest Tennis IQ?

M. Navratilova 22 8.53%
A. Radwanska 38 14.73%
J. Henin 31 12.02%
C. Evert 9 3.49%
M. Hingis 84 32.56%
A. Mauresmo 5 1.94%
S. Williams 41 15.89%
S. Graf 5 1.94%
Other (please specify) 15 5.81%
Even w.the criteria listed, too hard to compare 8 3.10%
Voters: 258. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jan 31st, 2013, 12:31 AM   #106
country flag Nicolás89

Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Which players have the highest 'TENNIS' IQ?

"Who measures their IQ!!!!1!1!!111 LOL"
Advertisement

Old Jan 31st, 2013, 12:40 AM   #107
country flag antonella

antonella has a reputation beyond repute antonella has a reputation beyond repute antonella has a reputation beyond repute antonella has a reputation beyond repute antonella has a reputation beyond repute antonella has a reputation beyond repute antonella has a reputation beyond repute antonella has a reputation beyond repute antonella has a reputation beyond repute antonella has a reputation beyond repute antonella has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cp6uja View Post
Maria Sharapova, Ana Ivanovic or Anna Kournikova...
There's a video on YouTube of the complete Anna vs. Steffi Graf match at Eastbourne (1998). You'll see AK completely dismantling her game with smarter more aggressive play, more mobility(believe it or not!) and crisper high-angle shots. She even causes Ms. Graf to lose her steely composure. I believe Anna suffered a compression injury in her thumb and had to withdraw. She never recovered from that injury, which can hinder ball control, something she would be later criticized for. Kinda sad to see what could have been.
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 06:11 AM   #108
NJjeff

NJjeff is just really nice NJjeff is just really nice NJjeff is just really nice NJjeff is just really nice NJjeff is just really nice NJjeff is just really nice NJjeff is just really nice NJjeff is just really nice NJjeff is just really nice NJjeff is just really nice NJjeff is just really nice

Aga over Evert if criminal...
NJjeff is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2013, 05:43 PM   #109
country flag traralgon

traralgon is a glorious beacon of light traralgon is a glorious beacon of light traralgon is a glorious beacon of light traralgon is a glorious beacon of light traralgon is a glorious beacon of light traralgon is a glorious beacon of light traralgon is a glorious beacon of light traralgon is a glorious beacon of light traralgon is a glorious beacon of light traralgon is a glorious beacon of light traralgon is a glorious beacon of light

Azarenka I think. She is a very clever player always making adjustments to her game and hitting a variety os shots that make her game very unpredictable
also Bartoli is very similar
traralgon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2013, 06:50 PM   #110
country flag tennisobserver

tennisobserver is just really nice tennisobserver is just really nice tennisobserver is just really nice tennisobserver is just really nice tennisobserver is just really nice tennisobserver is just really nice tennisobserver is just really nice tennisobserver is just really nice tennisobserver is just really nice tennisobserver is just really nice tennisobserver is just really nice

I voted for Serena for the highest IQ because she doesn't get the credit she deserves on this. Serena is so much more than just power. But if I have to choose objectively I would have to say Hingis
tennisobserver is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10th, 2013, 12:49 PM   #111
country flag traralgon

traralgon is a glorious beacon of light traralgon is a glorious beacon of light traralgon is a glorious beacon of light traralgon is a glorious beacon of light traralgon is a glorious beacon of light traralgon is a glorious beacon of light traralgon is a glorious beacon of light traralgon is a glorious beacon of light traralgon is a glorious beacon of light traralgon is a glorious beacon of light traralgon is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by traralgon View Post
Azarenka I think. She is a very clever player always making adjustments to her game and hitting a variety os shots that make her game very unpredictable
also Bartoli is very similar
her win vs Hantuchova highlighs once again that she can turn around mayches by adjusting her game and spotting the opponents weaknesses
I would add Radwanska too. Without tennis IQ she would be nowhere with her limited weaponry.
traralgon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10th, 2013, 01:31 PM   #112
country flag Jack.

Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute

Lucie Hradecka.

Juan Martin Del Potro
Jack. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10th, 2013, 02:24 PM   #113
country flag Ollie.

Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhNaNa View Post
Lucie Hradecka.
Why are nearly all of my favourites ball bashers?

Seriously, I would say Kirsten Flipkens as being one of the cleverest ball-strikers.

Rybarikova _ Hradecka _ K.Bondarenko _ Flipkens _ Govortsova _ Krajicek _ Martic _ Lucic _ Cetkovska _ Rezai _ Peer _ Begu _ Dulgheru _ Arvidsson _ Larsson _ Hercog _ Mattek-Sands _ Scheepers _ Pliskovas _ Peng _ Minella _ Puchkova _ Voegele _ Laine
Ollie. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14th, 2013, 11:01 PM   #114
country flag Standard

Standard is a splendid one to behold Standard is a splendid one to behold Standard is a splendid one to behold Standard is a splendid one to behold Standard is a splendid one to behold Standard is a splendid one to behold Standard is a splendid one to behold Standard is a splendid one to behold Standard is a splendid one to behold Standard is a splendid one to behold Standard is a splendid one to behold

Bartoli supposedly have an IQ of 180.

But I think that Aga and Vika are very clever. For Aga - this is what her games is revolved around, tactics. She doesn't have the power so she has to manipulate the ball. For Vika - it's for her ability to have plan B when plan A isn't working.
Standard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15th, 2013, 12:07 AM   #115
country flag RobinT83

RobinT83 has much to be proud of RobinT83 has much to be proud of RobinT83 has much to be proud of RobinT83 has much to be proud of RobinT83 has much to be proud of RobinT83 has much to be proud of RobinT83 has much to be proud of RobinT83 has much to be proud of RobinT83 has much to be proud of RobinT83 has much to be proud of RobinT83 has much to be proud of

Jarmila Gajdosova, Petra Kvitova, Lucie Hradecka, Aravane Rezai, Julia Goerges and Lucie Safarova
RobinT83 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15th, 2013, 03:53 AM   #116
country flag Med.Nico

Med.Nico has a brilliant future Med.Nico has a brilliant future Med.Nico has a brilliant future Med.Nico has a brilliant future Med.Nico has a brilliant future Med.Nico has a brilliant future Med.Nico has a brilliant future Med.Nico has a brilliant future Med.Nico has a brilliant future Med.Nico has a brilliant future Med.Nico has a brilliant future

I'm surprised nobody mentioned Patty Schnyder. She had sometimes nearly no motivation on court, was rather walking than running to the ball, but had a really big sense of anticipation and when she was in her match, she could have beaten anybody or at least be next to the win
Med.Nico is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15th, 2013, 03:56 AM   #117
Petkorazzi

Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute

I think Kirilenko's underrated in this department.
Petkorazzi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15th, 2013, 04:32 AM   #118
country flag benbest

benbest has a reputation beyond repute benbest has a reputation beyond repute benbest has a reputation beyond repute benbest has a reputation beyond repute benbest has a reputation beyond repute benbest has a reputation beyond repute benbest has a reputation beyond repute benbest has a reputation beyond repute benbest has a reputation beyond repute benbest has a reputation beyond repute benbest has a reputation beyond repute

'tennis IQ' depends also on which coach a player has
benbest is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15th, 2013, 07:22 AM   #119
country flag caroalltheway

caroalltheway has a brilliant future caroalltheway has a brilliant future caroalltheway has a brilliant future caroalltheway has a brilliant future caroalltheway has a brilliant future caroalltheway has a brilliant future caroalltheway has a brilliant future caroalltheway has a brilliant future caroalltheway has a brilliant future caroalltheway has a brilliant future caroalltheway has a brilliant future

The Woz is a master tactician. One of her tactics is to reflect the glare of the sun off her big ass forehead into her opponents eyes, blinding them. That Caro is a devious one
caroalltheway is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15th, 2013, 09:24 AM   #120
country flag mac47

mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonella View Post
There's a video on YouTube of the complete Anna vs. Steffi Graf match at Eastbourne (1998). You'll see AK completely dismantling her game with smarter more aggressive play, more mobility(believe it or not!) and crisper high-angle shots. She even causes Ms. Graf to lose her steely composure. I believe Anna suffered a compression injury in her thumb and had to withdraw. She never recovered from that injury, which can hinder ball control, something she would be later criticized for. Kinda sad to see what could have been.
Thank you so much for calling my attention to this match. I always hated Graf -- partly because I'm a Navratilova fan, partly because I think her slam count is inflated by the Seles stabbing, and partly because I found her game boring and her personality obnoxious. She also won way too much. Her completely discourteous snubbing of Kournikova at the end of that match was exactly the sort of thing that always rubbed me the wrong way. It was really nice to see Anna K win. Her tennis abilities never received the respect they should have, being overshadowed by the glamor and sex symbol aspects.
“It's not as if everything revolves around me now that I've won Wimbledon for the second time — as if I'll just sit on my ass at home and send someone to do my shopping for me.” — the lovely and humble Petra Kvitová
mac47 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote