Sloane Stephens on CNN & Ellen Show today - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 30th, 2013, 10:46 PM   #46
country flag dagamezbest

dagamezbest is a splendid one to behold dagamezbest is a splendid one to behold dagamezbest is a splendid one to behold dagamezbest is a splendid one to behold dagamezbest is a splendid one to behold dagamezbest is a splendid one to behold dagamezbest is a splendid one to behold dagamezbest is a splendid one to behold dagamezbest is a splendid one to behold dagamezbest is a splendid one to behold dagamezbest is a splendid one to behold
Re: Sloane Stephens on CNN & Ellen Show today

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLG View Post
Aight thanks

And I can't imagine someone with her swimming credentials all 4 years looking to do something like what the other poster mentioned
It's not by any means intentional. However it is something that comes with the territory. It's playing the game and using it to your full advantage. Hard to believe but it is the sad truth.
dagamezbest is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 30th, 2013, 10:53 PM   #47
country flag JLG

JLG has a brilliant future JLG has a brilliant future JLG has a brilliant future JLG has a brilliant future JLG has a brilliant future JLG has a brilliant future JLG has a brilliant future JLG has a brilliant future JLG has a brilliant future JLG has a brilliant future JLG has a brilliant future

Yeah, but I thought I read she was on her way or did go to the olympics.

They had to care about each other cause world-class athletes just don't have that type of mindset. And it would be totally pointless
JLG is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2013, 11:25 PM   #48
country flag Zweli

Zweli has much to be proud of Zweli has much to be proud of Zweli has much to be proud of Zweli has much to be proud of Zweli has much to be proud of Zweli has much to be proud of Zweli has much to be proud of Zweli has much to be proud of Zweli has much to be proud of Zweli has much to be proud of Zweli has much to be proud of

I like Sloane a lot, but I think she's taken her win against Serena a little far, yes the madia is to blame , but you remain grounded and level headed about it's strategies, as far as I know the media can make you and at the same time it can destroy you, I guess she is in the Fed Cup against Italy, let's see how far she takes America.IMO , amongst the young tennis dolls, Heather Watson is by far the better one as she has her name in an WTA title,followed by Laura Robson, Laura has claimed huge wins against top fit and well opponents, Sloane cannot make a big shout really against an injured Serena who was just about to beat her using one foot ,yes she took full advantage but please she needs to tone down, & keep the noise down.I know a lot of you will not like me for saying Serena actually gave that match to Sloane because she realised with the kind of injuries she had, Vika was going to run riot against her, go ahead bad wrap me, but it's a fact
(The two women that changed the world of Tennis)
Zweli is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2013, 11:32 PM   #49
country flag stegall

stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all

If you grow up watching/idolizing Serena and then you find yourself on the court against her and beat her,it's going to be a big deal to that person regardless of injury..
stegall is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2013, 11:48 PM   #50
dragonflies

dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute

It's okay to have these shows, good for tennis exposure and the athletics. However I think it would be better for everyone if the shows were about " the young crops of American women tennis", aka Sloane Stephens, Madison Keys, Jamie Hampton, Lauren Davis all of whom were having encouraging results in the Australian season. Taking all 4 of them to the shows will be good public exposing for all of them and avoid the melt down for not " living up to the hype" disaster.

Surely Sloane was doing best among them, but anyone can see some luck that pulled her through and the same luck factor stopped Hampton. Focusing on Sloane might not be a best thing for her with all the hype pressure start to build up, while ignoring the others, especially Hampton although her level of play wasn't below Sloane is ungracious. I blame the show organizers ( Ellen?).
dragonflies is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 12:10 AM   #51
edificio

edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by guichard View Post
Sloane

That was some b.s. Ellen's presentation of what happened (focusing on Serena being angry, shouting, and smashing her racket as a norm) was completely misleading, and Sloane did not bother to correct her.

Ellen, you suck.

edificio is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 12:11 AM   #52
MakarovaFan

MakarovaFan has a brilliant future MakarovaFan has a brilliant future MakarovaFan has a brilliant future MakarovaFan has a brilliant future MakarovaFan has a brilliant future MakarovaFan has a brilliant future MakarovaFan has a brilliant future MakarovaFan has a brilliant future MakarovaFan has a brilliant future MakarovaFan has a brilliant future MakarovaFan has a brilliant future

Sloane is a TEENAGED, AMERICAN, GS SEMIFINALIST, IN THE TOP 20......I don't see why she shouldn't have some hype. And last time i checked regardless if beating Serena or not,she would have been in the top 20. I agree it doesn't hurt that she knocked out living legend and recently unbeatable American Serena Williams along the way.
New Breed: Maria,Anastasia Myskina,Nicole,Ana,Tatiana Golovin,Jelena J,Iveta Benesova,Olga Poutchkova,Camille Pin,Maria Kirilenko,Alonya Bondarenko,Meilen Tu,Sania Mirza,Rezai,Ashley H,Tataina Poutchek,Sandra Kloesel,Klara Z,Mirjana Lucic,Dominka Cibulkova,Emauelle Gagliardi,Jelena Kostanic,Iroda,Martina Sucha,Raluca Olaru,Kveta,Marta D,Bethanie,Bychkova

Lilia Osterloh,Viktoriya Kutuzova,Yurika Sema,Anastasia Pivavrova(?),Stanislava Hrozenska,Marie-Eve,Zsofia,Angelika Roesch,Sunitha Rao,Anne Keothavang,Olivia Sanchez,Angela Haynes,Alex S,Jelena Dokic,Rosana De Los Rios,Kristina Brandi,Eva Fislova,Lindsay Lee

Elena Makarova,Anna K, Capriati,Lindsay,Henrieta Nagyova,Anca Barna,Petra Mandula,Jana Kandarr,
MakarovaFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 01:08 AM   #53
country flag V-MAC
blurring the lines between the real and the fake

V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute

Sloaney werking her way down the path of superstardom
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 01:38 AM   #54
country flag Roookie

Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by guichard View Post
Sloane

DEAD So much shade from Ellen to Serena

"You beat her...she wasn't happy"
"She smashed her racket or maybe she slipped"
"She shouts C'mons...she really gets into it...do u think is at you or herself"

Ellen
Roookie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 01:49 AM   #55
country flag ZeroSumGame

ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakarovaFan View Post
Sloane is a TEENAGED, AMERICAN, GS SEMIFINALIST, IN THE TOP 20......I don't see why she shouldn't have some hype. And last time i checked regardless if beating Serena or not,she would have been in the top 20. I agree it doesn't hurt that she knocked out living legend and recently unbeatable American Serena Williams along the way.
Bartoli, Stosur, Razzano, Makarova knocked an unbeatable Serena outta slams ...they got the hype, and where are they now? Oups!!!! Did they win any cheap titles since their triumph, actually no Let's see what the next big thing (Sloane) will bring to the women's tour
ZeroSumGame is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 02:25 AM   #56
country flag sweetpeas

sweetpeas has a reputation beyond repute sweetpeas has a reputation beyond repute sweetpeas has a reputation beyond repute sweetpeas has a reputation beyond repute sweetpeas has a reputation beyond repute sweetpeas has a reputation beyond repute sweetpeas has a reputation beyond repute sweetpeas has a reputation beyond repute sweetpeas has a reputation beyond repute sweetpeas has a reputation beyond repute sweetpeas has a reputation beyond repute

Ellen was telling Sloane In about why that Serena does that com on ,,you have to hear Ellen say to Sloane do you think it's her Serena telling herself come on! Ellen likes Serena and Sloane knew what Ellen meant!Sloane got real quite.There was know shade throw on Serena,please stop the crap!!
sweetpeas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 02:43 AM   #57
country flag Spencer.
New Caro Stan!

Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobito View Post
This doesn't surprise me to be honest. Didn't John Isner do a tour of US talk shows after his Wimbledon borefest against Mahut? He fails to break the serve of the guy ranked 148 in the World 86 times in a row and all of a sudden he's a hero.
LMAO.

I can't say "THIS!" more.

We'll always have Wimbly 07
Spencer. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 02:47 AM   #58
country flag duhcity
moderately sarcastic

duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute

Were Serena fans sent into this thread to remind everyone she was injured?

tweetweet
duhcity is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 02:54 AM   #59
country flag shoparound

shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future

Well Sloane doesn't want people to know Serena was injured.
She obviously wants the win to be legit.
Can she back it up next time they meet though?
shoparound is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 05:15 AM   #60
country flag The Witch-king

The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchie View Post
I can only imagine Serena's motivation the next time they face each other!! It's gonna be brutal for this poor girl.
I don't get why people say this. She is so jealous and petty of other people receiving attention that she will make sure to do whatever she can in her power to make sure they don't get it again. Is that supposed to be a compliment?
The Witch-king is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote