Streisand to Sing at Oscars - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 30th, 2013, 11:26 PM   #1
country flag ranfurly

ranfurly has a reputation beyond repute ranfurly has a reputation beyond repute ranfurly has a reputation beyond repute ranfurly has a reputation beyond repute ranfurly has a reputation beyond repute ranfurly has a reputation beyond repute ranfurly has a reputation beyond repute ranfurly has a reputation beyond repute ranfurly has a reputation beyond repute ranfurly has a reputation beyond repute ranfurly has a reputation beyond repute
Streisand to Sing at Oscars

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-en...e-8472838.html

Forget the President inauguration which she has done twice, Barbra Goatsand tames the wild shrews at entertainments biggest night of the year!

Barbra Streisand will perform at the 85th annual Academy Awards for the first time in nearly four decades on 24 February.

She joins a stellar musical line-up that includes Adele performing “Skyfall” from the latest Bond movie and Norah Jones singing “Everybody Needs A Best Friend” from Ted.

Two-time Oscar-winner and three-time nominee Streisand, 70, last sang at the Oscars ceremony in 1977 performing “Evergreen” from A Star Is Born.

Details of what she will perform have not yet been released but the Academy is thought to be planning a musical tribute to films of the past decade.

Producers Craig Zadan and Neil Meron said in a statement: “In an evening that celebrates the artistry of movies and music, how could the [Oscars] be complete without Barbra Streisand? We are honoured that she has agreed to do a very special performance on this year’s Oscars, her first time singing on the show in 36 years.”

Streisand won her first Oscar for Best Actress in Funny Girl (1968), and was nominated again in 1973 for her lead performance in The Way We Were. She was also nominated for producing the Best Picture nominee The Prince of Tides (1991), which she also directed, and for co-writing the original song “I Finally Found Someone from” The Mirror Has Two Faces (1996).

The Oscars ceremony will take place at the Dolby Theatre, Hollywood on Sunday 24 February presented by Seth MacFarlane.

Barbra Streisand will perform at the 85th annual Academy Awards for the first time in nearly four decades on 24 February.

She joins a stellar musical line-up that includes Adele performing “Skyfall” from the latest Bond movie and Norah Jones singing “Everybody Needs A Best Friend” from Ted.

Two-time Oscar-winner and three-time nominee Streisand, 70, last sang at the Oscars ceremony in 1977 performing “Evergreen” from A Star Is Born.

Details of what she will perform have not yet been released but the Academy is thought to be planning a musical tribute to films of the past decade.

Producers Craig Zadan and Neil Meron said in a statement: “In an evening that celebrates the artistry of movies and music, how could the [Oscars] be complete without Barbra Streisand? We are honoured that she has agreed to do a very special performance on this year’s Oscars, her first time singing on the show in 36 years.”

Streisand won her first Oscar for Best Actress in Funny Girl (1968), and was nominated again in 1973 for her lead performance in The Way We Were. She was also nominated for producing the Best Picture nominee The Prince of Tides (1991), which she also directed, and for co-writing the original song “I Finally Found Someone from” The Mirror Has Two Faces (1996).

The Oscars ceremony will take place at the Dolby Theatre, Hollywood on Sunday 24 February presented by Seth MacFarlane.

ranfurly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 30th, 2013, 11:32 PM   #2
country flag ce

ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Streisand to Sing at Oscars

First Adele and now Barbra
Old Jan 30th, 2013, 11:39 PM   #3
country flag KournikovaFan91
*Sesil*

KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute

So Adele is no longer the vocal performance anyone will care about
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 01:08 AM   #4
country flag Helen Lawson

Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute

Can't wait!! A real star. And she won't lip synch.
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 01:17 AM   #5
country flag Dodoboy.

Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute

Great moment for Streisand!
Funny that y'all STILL can't keep the greatest female performer of all time out of your minds and just celebrate Streissand still being relevant. It really is sad.
Dodoboy. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 01:30 AM   #6
edificio

edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute

What will she sing? Does she have a CD coming out?
edificio is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 01:49 AM   #7

Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodoboy. View Post
Funny that y'all STILL can't keep the greatest female performer of all time out of your minds and just celebrate Streissand still being relevant. It really is sad.
140 million v. 75 million records sold, Two Oscars, Grammy, Tony, Emmy. She doesn't need a stunt to get publicity. What's sad again and who's irrelevant?
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 02:01 AM   #8
country flag Dodoboy.

Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen Lawson View Post
140 million v. 75 million records sold, Two Oscars, Grammy, Tony, Emmy. She doesn't need a stunt to get publicity. What's sad again and who's irrelevant?
You.
Dodoboy. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 02:18 AM   #9

Quote:
You.
Because I'm the one who does multiple posts a day about Barbra Streisand, dedicates threads to her, and posts pictures of her working out, rehearsing, out with her kid, and taking a crap? Because that's what you have to do for a living legend.
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 03:45 AM   #10
country flag ranfurly

ranfurly has a reputation beyond repute ranfurly has a reputation beyond repute ranfurly has a reputation beyond repute ranfurly has a reputation beyond repute ranfurly has a reputation beyond repute ranfurly has a reputation beyond repute ranfurly has a reputation beyond repute ranfurly has a reputation beyond repute ranfurly has a reputation beyond repute ranfurly has a reputation beyond repute ranfurly has a reputation beyond repute

Please, friends, let us lay down arms,

Let us not tit for tat infront of The Legendary Streisand. The one and only.
ranfurly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 05:56 AM   #11
country flag VeeJJ
Flawless

VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Quote:
Because I'm the one who does multiple posts a day about Barbra Streisand, dedicates threads to her, and posts pictures of her working out, rehearsing, out with her kid, and taking a crap? Because that's what you have to do for a living legend.
YASSSS HELEN!!!

Victoria Azarenka ~ Venus Williams
Maria Kirilenko ~ Petra Kvitova
VeeJJ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 08:41 AM   #12
country flag Londoner

Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute

I probably won't live long enough, but it would be fun to see what some of our current big names will be doing when they're 70!

I doubt many will be still as big as Babs!
Londoner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 10:32 AM   #13
country flag Talula

Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KournikovaFan91 View Post
So Adele is no longer the vocal performance anyone will care about
I think you'll find many people will care about Adele's performance. You really do have a chip when it comes to anyone or anything British.

Players I root for now: Heather, Laura, Lucie, Marion, Serena, Simona, Svetlana, Venus, Vika. And Caroline.
Doubles and Mixed Doubles are fun and underrated.
Talula is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 11:04 AM   #14
debby

debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
What?

I am deaf and even I know Beyonce is NOWHERE from being the greatest female performer of all time AT ALL.
debby is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 11:11 AM   #15
country flag Sam L
Sunset, Moonrise, Winter

Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Can't wait!! A real star. And she won't lip synch.
Real stars don't lip synch.

I still think I'll be giving these Oscars a miss.