Ashleigh Barty - Page 60 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 28th, 2013, 09:44 AM   #886
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future
Congrats ash & cassey. Good for them, they will be able to enter most tournament.

Sent from my iPod touch using VS Free
guichard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 30th, 2013, 01:55 PM   #887
country flag binky-GOAT

binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of
Re: Ashleigh Barty

What did I miss GS final

I wonder what she's playing next. Annoying ranking at 175, just out of QD at WTAs.
binky-GOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2013, 02:22 PM   #888
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asadinator View Post
What did I miss GS final

I wonder what she's playing next. Annoying ranking at 175, just out of QD at WTAs.
She is schedule to play Kuala Lumpur, hopefully she won't withdraw.

Full match

Old Jan 30th, 2013, 02:23 PM   #889
country flag JarkaFish
Multiform

JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future

Quote:
What did I miss GS final

Fed Cup next.

She's also the 3rd Alt to get into the MD of the BMW Malaysian Open.
JarkaFish is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2013, 11:21 PM   #890
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute

is KL that weak?

Imagine Dragons. Of Monsters and Men. Samantha Jade. Bastille <3

R.I.P Forever Elena Baltacha <3

Last edited by Kəv. : Jan 31st, 2013 at 01:08 AM.
Kəv. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2013, 11:30 PM   #891
country flag binky-GOAT

binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by guichard View Post
She is schedule to play Kuala Lumpur, hopefully she won't withdraw.

Full match

Thanks

Those points at 46:03, 58:22 and 1:05:10
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 02:03 AM   #892
country flag guichard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hindrance. View Post
is KL that weak?
Yes
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 02:07 AM   #893
country flag JarkaFish
Multiform

JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hindrance. View Post
is KL that weak?
Yes, Donna Vekic is a seeded player there.

Although Vultureniacki is there trying to vulture a title.
JarkaFish is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 02:46 AM   #894
country flag binky-GOAT

So is she in QD for KL already?
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 03:08 AM   #895
country flag guichard

Quote:
So is she in QD for KL already?
Yes but the qualifying entry list will be out next week. I think she will get in the main draw directly.
Old Feb 6th, 2013, 06:22 PM   #896
country flag paulmara

paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute

paulmara is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10th, 2013, 02:02 AM   #897
country flag cmarshall

cmarshall is just really nice cmarshall is just really nice cmarshall is just really nice cmarshall is just really nice cmarshall is just really nice cmarshall is just really nice cmarshall is just really nice cmarshall is just really nice cmarshall is just really nice cmarshall is just really nice cmarshall is just really nice

Ashley's my new favourite aussie tennis girl! so stoked to see how she went over the summer. let's hope for a big year from her
cmarshall is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11th, 2013, 01:13 AM   #898
country flag binky-GOAT

They went down in the doubles 0-6 6-7. Played horrible 1st set but 2nd set was very tight.

She seems to have improved her backhand, she hit some great shots from that wing, flat and hard. I think it's due to her footwork. She is quite light on her feet and likes to jump during her shots, but in order to hit good solid 2-handed backhands you really need a solid foundation, which she did well at this match.

Also not sure if I mentioned this here before, but even though she's great at doubles she plays only about 50% of her potential and it doesn't quite suit her. Players like Casey are suited to doubles because of her lefty serve, volleys and lobs. But Ash likes to dictate points from the baseline and with the opponent at the net that is very hard to do in doubles. Also she seems to serve slower in doubles, maybe concentrating on getting the 1st serve in for Casey to put away at the net.

Must be frustrating relying on your opponent not to make mistakes too.

I expect her to drop doubles and concentrate on singles when she's near the top.
Old Feb 11th, 2013, 02:04 AM   #899
country flag Territory

Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
... even though she's great at doubles she plays only about 50% of her potential and it doesn't quite suit her. Players like Casey are suited to doubles because of her lefty serve, volleys and lobs. But Ash likes to dictate points from the baseline and with the opponent at the net that is very hard to do in doubles. Also she seems to serve slower in doubles, maybe concentrating on getting the 1st serve in for Casey to put away at the net.

Must be frustrating relying on your opponent not to make mistakes too.

I expect her to drop doubles and concentrate on singles when she's near the top.
I don't know what orifice you pull these analyses from

There are all types of doubles players. There is no mould. Look at the current #1 pairing of Errani/Vinci and the other dominant team of the Williams sisters. None of them are stereotypical doubles players. Ash's game fits in perfectly with elite doubles, as clearly demonstrated by her fantastic achievements to date.

Personally, I'd love to see her play a full year with Casey and try to reach the end of year championships. That would be an awesome achievement! And there's no reason why she can't be great in both singles and doubles - the doubles top 10 is full of women who are doing great in singles atm: Vinci/Errani, Hlavackova, Hradecka, Petrova, Kirilenko, Vesnina and Makarova.
Old Feb 11th, 2013, 02:36 AM   #900
country flag binky-GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Territory View Post
I don't know what orifice you pull these analyses from

There are all types of doubles players. There is no mould. Look at the current #1 pairing of Errani/Vinci and the other dominant team of the Williams sisters. None of them are stereotypical doubles players. Ash's game fits in perfectly with elite doubles, as clearly demonstrated by her fantastic achievements to date.

Personally, I'd love to see her play a full year with Casey and try to reach the end of year championships. That would be an awesome achievement! And there's no reason why she can't be great in both singles and doubles - the doubles top 10 is full of women who are doing great in singles atm: Vinci/Errani, Hlavackova, Hradecka, Petrova, Kirilenko, Vesnina and Makarova.

I already said she's great at doubles. But it limits her and she can't play at full potential, which must be frustrating.

Errani/Vinci are aging and getting the most out of the time they have. William sisters are too powerful on service and just taking titles easily, also they are sisters so easy for them to play doubles.

But once Ash starts concentrating on winning big singles titles, she has to have a good schedule, so must limit playing doubles as much as possible.

Right now she should play it as much as she can, but limit it in the future.