Sloane Stephens on CNN & Ellen Show today - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 30th, 2013, 08:40 PM   #31
country flag n1_and_uh_noone

n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sloane Stephens on CNN & Ellen Show today

Everyone enraged because Serena was not completely fit in that match. From Stephens' perspective though, it did not matter one bit. IT was a big stage, a big match, a big opponent, and she managed the situation superbly. I think everyone agreed American's women's tennis seems to be on the up by the evidence from this AO. She is the player who did the best, far and away, of the young crop. So whats the problem with a little exposure? Do you want all US tennis fans to die with the retirement of Serena and Venus?

- Li Na

(after dramatic 3-set AO 2013 final, where she took 2 nasty spills and twisted her ankle).
n1_and_uh_noone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 30th, 2013, 08:57 PM   #32
country flag Luminous One

Luminous One is a splendid one to behold Luminous One is a splendid one to behold Luminous One is a splendid one to behold Luminous One is a splendid one to behold Luminous One is a splendid one to behold Luminous One is a splendid one to behold Luminous One is a splendid one to behold Luminous One is a splendid one to behold Luminous One is a splendid one to behold Luminous One is a splendid one to behold Luminous One is a splendid one to behold

Sloane is beginning to display the same type of reckless bad girl behavior her mother have with her real father. The same type of friendly bad girl behavior Alexandra Stevenson's mother displayed with Julius Erving. Women getting pregnant by pro athletes. I believe there is a word for these types.

Last edited by Luminous One : Jan 30th, 2013 at 10:54 PM.
Luminous One is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2013, 09:17 PM   #33
country flag Annie.

Annie. has a reputation beyond repute Annie. has a reputation beyond repute Annie. has a reputation beyond repute Annie. has a reputation beyond repute Annie. has a reputation beyond repute Annie. has a reputation beyond repute Annie. has a reputation beyond repute Annie. has a reputation beyond repute Annie. has a reputation beyond repute Annie. has a reputation beyond repute Annie. has a reputation beyond repute

Annie. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2013, 09:27 PM   #34
country flag Stonerpova
`

Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobito View Post
This doesn't surprise me to be honest. Didn't John Isner do a tour of US talk shows after his Wimbledon borefest against Mahut? He fails to break the serve of the guy ranked 148 in the World 86 times in a row and all of a sudden he's a hero.
Post of the year

http://imageshack.us/a/img534/5492/maria1y.pnghttp://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4647/xk7s.png
Sharapova Ivanovic Jankovic Pavs Wozniacki Wickmayer Goerges Cetkovska Vaidisova
Tweet. Tumble. Blog.

Stonerpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2013, 09:40 PM   #35
country flag JLG

JLG has a reputation beyond repute JLG has a reputation beyond repute JLG has a reputation beyond repute JLG has a reputation beyond repute JLG has a reputation beyond repute JLG has a reputation beyond repute JLG has a reputation beyond repute JLG has a reputation beyond repute JLG has a reputation beyond repute JLG has a reputation beyond repute JLG has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous One View Post
Sloane is beginning to display the same type of reckless bad girl behavior her mother have with her real father. The same type of friendly bad girl behavior Alexandra Stevenson's mother displayed with Julius Erving. Women getting pregnant by pro athletes. I belive there is a word for these types.
lol...how you know they weren't together? She was at BU or BC (can't remember) and he was on the Pats.

The Doc may have been gettin some booty though
JLG is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2013, 09:46 PM   #36
country flag Roookie

Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by n1_and_uh_noone View Post
Everyone enraged because Serena was not completely fit in that match. From Stephens' perspective though, it did not matter one bit. IT was a big stage, a big match, a big opponent, and she managed the situation superbly. I think everyone agreed American's women's tennis seems to be on the up by the evidence from this AO. She is the player who did the best, far and away, of the young crop. So whats the problem with a little exposure? Do you want all US tennis fans to die with the retirement of Serena and Venus?
How dare she go to tv shows...Serena made her!!!!1111
Roookie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2013, 09:49 PM   #37
country flag lenas warriors

lenas warriors has a reputation beyond repute lenas warriors has a reputation beyond repute lenas warriors has a reputation beyond repute lenas warriors has a reputation beyond repute lenas warriors has a reputation beyond repute lenas warriors has a reputation beyond repute lenas warriors has a reputation beyond repute lenas warriors has a reputation beyond repute lenas warriors has a reputation beyond repute lenas warriors has a reputation beyond repute lenas warriors has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIKA-GOAT View Post
She's a lovely girl
This! Utterly charming!!
lenas warriors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2013, 09:50 PM   #38
country flag ptkten

ptkten has a reputation beyond repute ptkten has a reputation beyond repute ptkten has a reputation beyond repute ptkten has a reputation beyond repute ptkten has a reputation beyond repute ptkten has a reputation beyond repute ptkten has a reputation beyond repute ptkten has a reputation beyond repute ptkten has a reputation beyond repute ptkten has a reputation beyond repute ptkten has a reputation beyond repute

It's great for tennis that Sloane is getting this exposure. More publicity for tennis is always a good thing.

McHale-Stephens-Watson-Robson-Townsend

Brodsky-Muhammed-Hampton-Keys-Crawford-Andrews-Hardebeck
ptkten is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2013, 10:07 PM   #39
country flag Sir Stefwhit

Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptkten View Post
It's great for tennis that Sloane is getting this exposure. More publicity for tennis is always a good thing.
That's exactly my take! I want her to be a superstar and bring in tons of new fans and for her to have a large following- I want all this even though I don't support her because its good for the sport. Plus I personally love having someone to root against, it's a fun part of sports. But in order for me to get passionate about her she has to live up to the hype otherwise it's no fun.

So good for her, she should keep building her brand and hopefully keep getting better results- it's a win for the sport!

And I'm really hoping they hype up the next time she plays Serena...
The REAL GOAT Rafael Nadal
Future Inductees: Clijsters, C.Evert, A.Agassi, A.Berasategui, N. Zvereva, I.Majoli, M.Safin, Li Na, VIKA, and Del Potro
Sir Stefwhit is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2013, 10:29 PM   #40
country flag JLG

JLG has a reputation beyond repute JLG has a reputation beyond repute JLG has a reputation beyond repute JLG has a reputation beyond repute JLG has a reputation beyond repute JLG has a reputation beyond repute JLG has a reputation beyond repute JLG has a reputation beyond repute JLG has a reputation beyond repute JLG has a reputation beyond repute JLG has a reputation beyond repute

There's no rivalry with Serena. Not now anyway, but to me it was MUCH better for her to lose to sloane than anyone else

OK, so she wins with a swollen ankle, Maria doesn't take Li lightly....

Do you realize how much shit we would have to read? And then the media shit

I definitely would've left for awhile. lol
Old Jan 30th, 2013, 10:34 PM   #41
country flag dagamezbest

dagamezbest is a splendid one to behold dagamezbest is a splendid one to behold dagamezbest is a splendid one to behold dagamezbest is a splendid one to behold dagamezbest is a splendid one to behold dagamezbest is a splendid one to behold dagamezbest is a splendid one to behold dagamezbest is a splendid one to behold dagamezbest is a splendid one to behold dagamezbest is a splendid one to behold dagamezbest is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous One View Post
Sloane is beginning to display the same type of reckless bad girl behavior her mother have with her real father. The same type of friendly bad girl behavior Alexandra Stevenson's mother displayed with Julius Erving. Women getting pregnant by pro athletes. I belive there is a word for these types.
This is so true! I was thinking the exact same thing about her months ago. She definitely has the personality of someone who is looking to use tennis to get that athlete/celebrity boyfriend. I really hope this does not turn out to be the case, but I honestly wouldnt be surprised.
dagamezbest is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2013, 10:34 PM   #42
country flag Pump-it-UP
Senior Stan

Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLG View Post
lol...how you know they weren't together? She was at BU or BC (can't remember) and he was on the Pats.

The Doc may have been gettin some booty though
BU.

GO AWAY Bitch!!! We don't want your Avon.
Pump-it-UP is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2013, 10:40 PM   #43
country flag dagamezbest

dagamezbest is a splendid one to behold dagamezbest is a splendid one to behold dagamezbest is a splendid one to behold dagamezbest is a splendid one to behold dagamezbest is a splendid one to behold dagamezbest is a splendid one to behold dagamezbest is a splendid one to behold dagamezbest is a splendid one to behold dagamezbest is a splendid one to behold dagamezbest is a splendid one to behold dagamezbest is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pump-it-UP View Post
So she should turn down these offers? It's not like she withdrew from a tournament this week to go talk to Ellen. Her net worth has probably quadrupled over the past week. This is terrific exposure for both her and the sport. I don't see why she should be criticized for this.
Im not saying she should turn down offers, but the fact that she will be coming up on that fine line where it is inappropriate to continue to do a ton of media given her lack of sucessful results in tournaments. She made a comment earlier this year that she needs to win a tournament this year, so I think she knows this. I'm fan of her's and I want to see her do well, but I also want to see her do it the right way.
dagamezbest is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2013, 10:40 PM   #44
country flag Patrick345

Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobito View Post
This doesn't surprise me to be honest. Didn't John Isner do a tour of US talk shows after his Wimbledon borefest against Mahut? He fails to break the serve of the guy ranked 148 in the World 86 times in a row and all of a sudden he's a hero.

She definitely hit the lottery twice in 24 hours with her matches against Serena and Vika. Win it once and it is a nice story, win it twice in 24 hours and you are national/worldwide news.
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Patrick345 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2013, 10:42 PM   #45
country flag JLG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pump-it-UP View Post
BU.
Aight thanks

And I can't imagine someone with her swimming credentials all 4 years looking to do something like what the other poster mentioned