Calamity Kvitty heads to Paris for Mud Digging, Shopping and some Indoor Tennis!! - Page 10 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 30th, 2013, 07:32 AM   #136
country flag Embittered

Embittered has disabled reputation
Re: Calamity Kvitty heads to Paris for Mud Digging, Shopping and some Indoor Tennis!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmoose View Post
Having watched the Voegele's match against Pironkova, I think you should all prepare for a mega upset tomorrow.
Petra wins?
Embittered is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 30th, 2013, 01:16 PM   #137
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Calamity Kvitty heads to Paris for Mud Digging, Shopping and some Indoor Tennis!

Quote:
Originally Posted by netphobia View Post
Oh I agree with her thing about not practicing it too much though. I served like 150 balls once and it kiiiilled me.
I hear what Petra's saying.

But what difference would it maker during the off season, or when she has no matches?

If you're sore [your shoulder gets strong] you rest and repair, then come back the next day or work on something else.

It's obvious (from her start of the year), that Petra's hasn't been working on her serve. And if she has, she been doing something wrong that's hasn't been detected (wouldn't say much about her coaching would it). Hopefully, she/it has.
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2013, 02:06 PM   #138
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Having watched the Voegele's match against Pironkova, I think you should all prepare for a mega upset tomorrow.
important thing is not to overreact as all Czech girls dropped 1st set but eventually won, tho it have been plenty of upsets thus far, i'm hoping no more for today
ShiftyFella is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2013, 03:18 PM   #139
country flag lupojohn
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future

If Petra loses this, i'm on hiatus from this thread or all Petra-related threads until the French and i'm changing my avatar. I love Petra just like the rest of you, but this would be ridiculous.

RIP Elena Baltacha. You were taken far too soon from us. You will be missed, loved and remembered.
Vicky Duval Get well soon. We're all pulling for you in this awful fight you now face.
lupojohn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2013, 03:20 PM   #140
country flag lupojohn
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post
And if she has, she been doing something wrong that's hasn't been detected (wouldn't say much about her coaching would it).
Can we ever say much about her coaching, period?

RIP Elena Baltacha. You were taken far too soon from us. You will be missed, loved and remembered.
Vicky Duval Get well soon. We're all pulling for you in this awful fight you now face.
lupojohn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2013, 03:21 PM   #141
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lupojohn View Post
If Petra loses this, i'm on hiatus from this thread or all Petra-related threads until the French and i'm changing my avatar. I love Petra just like the rest of you, but this would be ridiculous.

If Petra swings the racket anyway close to what she did during the doubles, you or we shouldn't have anything to worry about.

Nonetheless, we'll wish her luck and knock on wood.
Old Jan 30th, 2013, 04:18 PM   #142
country flag Excelscior

Serena Conquerer, Razzano screwing up the entire Centre Court schedule, by having the audacity of winning the second set, and extending her match to three sets. It's only 2-0 Rybarikova during the third set at the moment. And Marion (I'm assuming) is scheduled on the Centre Court after. Petra may not play for another 2-3 hrs from now?
Old Jan 30th, 2013, 08:25 PM   #143
country flag Excelscior

Let's just hope this is another Linz in the making.

Cause needless to say, it was an imbalanced effort, to say the least.

At least she appeared to be practicing various underutilized aspects (as of late) of her game , in slices, volleying, more topspin, angles and moving forward. We'll see?

Serve and ROS still needs plenty work.

Good Luck next round.
Old Jan 30th, 2013, 08:39 PM   #144
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute

She needs get rid of her disco shirt, she plays badly in it Seriously, yesterday she had different outfit and played great, in Brisbane she had different outfit and wasn't bad despite loosing early, also there were no crowd to make it some pressure, it has to be her outfit, tho she rock that shirt but has to get rid of it
ShiftyFella is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2013, 08:40 PM   #145
country flag cosmoose

cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute

Stats say Petra (and Stefi) both played pretty well.
If that first set TB went the other way, my prematch prediction might have come true.
But Petra's big first serves bailed her out at crucial points.
Onward to better things!

Check out Stefanie Vögele's facebook fanpage!
cosmoose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2013, 08:42 PM   #146
country flag Hartson

Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Stats say Petra (and Stefi) both played pretty well.]
I suspect this is a deceptive stats -)
Hartson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2013, 08:44 PM   #147
country flag pov

pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The standard miniscule stats don't give much indication of how anyone played. The idea that hitting more Ws than UEs means one played well is a stretch by any means. The fact is that Kvitova had a few good moments but overall her play was on the sucky side. Many of the Ws she hit were from balls sitting up right in the strike zone. Anyway she got the win so hopefully she'll start getting her game back together.

Last edited by pov : Jan 30th, 2013 at 08:51 PM.
pov is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2013, 08:53 PM   #148
country flag Excelscior

Quote:
If that first set TB went the other way, my prematch prediction might have come true.
But Petra's big first serves bailed her out at crucial points.
Onward to better things!

Wow, the stats looked better than Petra played. However, I missed the first set, that she won 4-0. Plus, Petra was up 3-1 in the 2nd set as well.

Voegele didn't deserve to win the first set (she was down 4-0), so I can't give your prediction much credence, regarding the tie break.

It may be a good omen, she put up these stats vs a very scrappy player, when so many of us know she didn't play that great, and at times looked mechanical and UN-instinctive (like she was trying to re-gain it).
Old Jan 30th, 2013, 08:54 PM   #149
country flag cosmoose

cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pov View Post
The standard miniscule stats don't give much indication of how anyone played. The idea that hitting more Ws than UEs means one played well is a stretch by any means. The fact is that Kvitova had a few good moments but overall her play was on the sucky side. Many of the Ws she hit were from balls sitting up right in the strike zone. Anyway she got the win so hopefully she'll start getting her game back together.
That's because her previous shot forced a short reply from Voegele.
I rather have Petra hitting "sitters" for winners instead of having to hit "did you see that?!" winners from 10 ft behind the baseline.

I'm feeling positive today. Glass half full!

Check out Stefanie Vögele's facebook fanpage!
cosmoose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2013, 08:57 PM   #150
country flag Melange

Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute

Only 3 aces?

Melange is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote