Simona Halep (România) - Page 186 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jan 29th, 2013, 06:39 PM   #2776
country flag grs

grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of
Re: Simona Halep (România)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcubeu View Post
That 2nd set wasn't bad at all, I would even go as far and say she was the better player for most of it, but the mental aspect is playing a huge role here.
That 1st set was just horrible, no words for that, though.

However, she gave up numerous times in this match. She needs a coach and someone to trust in ASAP, otherwise she is risking a serious drop. She has tons of points to defend from now until the French Open.
Maybe a huge drop in ranking is what she needs for waking up and starting fulfill her talent.
grs is online now View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 29th, 2013, 06:53 PM   #2777
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

I'm always scared for our players that a drop in the rankings is equivalent to bye bye WTA...
Curcubeu is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 30th, 2013, 10:51 AM   #2778
country flag soimu

soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all

I watched almost from the beginning.
Simona's goal is good but not sure if she'll get it. I hope she will.
Changing from a defensive style to an aggressive one will take time.
Hitting those winners on Vinci's second serve looked nice.
Also the Italian played efficient and did not make many real UE.

2 things annoys me;
-0/4 on BP conversion
-at 4-3 on her serve she had 40-0 and she got broken.
Vinci was smart to not let the match prolong.

Simona can really play at a higher level she just need focus during the whole match.
A good strategy and a good coach are compulsory.
soimu is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 30th, 2013, 10:59 AM   #2779
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Having a look at the stats 19/22 is actually not even that bad.

I'm pretty sure dropping her coach has something to do with develeopping her game to become more agressive. Yes, it will take some time, but it's a very risky thing to do. It pays off for half of the girls (Cibulkova), but the danger of losing the plot completely is always there.

She also has to find a balance between defense and offense. She used to be far too passive in many matches, but now the opposite is the case. It's not easy for a counter-puncher to find the right margin, but she desperately needs to.

Last edited by Curcubeu : Jan 30th, 2013 at 11:30 AM.
Old Feb 9th, 2013, 03:01 PM   #2780
country flag Curcubeu

WTA Doha, Main Draw

A Radwanska vs BYE
Zheng vs Q
Halep vs Govortsova
Paszek vs Ivanovic

Very good draw for Simona. Let's hope she is giving fucks for once.
Old Feb 9th, 2013, 03:25 PM   #2781
country flag soimu

soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all

Balanced first match. 51% chances
H2H is 1-0 for Simona 4-6 6-4 6-4 at some ITF in Dubai 2011.
Old Feb 9th, 2013, 03:34 PM   #2782
country flag Curcubeu

Really, Govortsova is a better ITF player. Keep the ball in play and you will win easily. Each time I have seen her so far she was abysmal.

Simona better stick to a more defensive gamestyle and not slap everything like she did in Paris, then she will win for sure.
Old Feb 11th, 2013, 09:13 AM   #2783
country flag Curcubeu

According to Livescorehunter this match will be streamed.

Just saying because I can't remember live streaming from this tournament of smaller courts.
Old Feb 11th, 2013, 10:31 AM   #2784
country flag soimu

Thanks for the info.
Old Feb 11th, 2013, 03:17 PM   #2785
country flag Curcubeu

won first set 6-1

I've never seen such an impeccable high percentage game from her, that's the way you should grind down your opponents.
Old Feb 11th, 2013, 03:39 PM   #2786
country flag Curcubeu

6-1 6-0

Demolition job.

Ivanovic next.
Old Feb 11th, 2013, 03:40 PM   #2787
country flag Losing Streak

Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute

6-1 6-0 Olga was awful

Krunya Kichenoks Pliskovas Sasnovich Kremen Kovinic Bencic Vekic Diyas Smitkova Bellis Svitolina Cirstea Mlad Garcia Pavlovic Rezai Jovanovski Mitu Savic Savinykh Evtimova Tomova Kalashnikova
Losing Streak is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 11th, 2013, 03:51 PM   #2788
country flag soimu

Solid match by Simona.
I hope she can keep going this way.
Old Feb 12th, 2013, 06:53 AM   #2789
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute

This is her first meeting against Ana.
Putintseva #1 player

MakarovaLisickiBarthelBeckTwinPliskovasSmitkovaPervakGavrilovaTownsendAllertovaAbandaPuchkova
Tennis Fool is online now View My Blog!  
Old Feb 13th, 2013, 01:50 PM   #2790
country flag Losing Streak

Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute

Simona she retired at 3-6 Hope nothing really serious, get well soon

Krunya Kichenoks Pliskovas Sasnovich Kremen Kovinic Bencic Vekic Diyas Smitkova Bellis Svitolina Cirstea Mlad Garcia Pavlovic Rezai Jovanovski Mitu Savic Savinykh Evtimova Tomova Kalashnikova
Losing Streak is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread