Calamity Kvitty heads to Paris for Mud Digging, Shopping and some Indoor Tennis!! - Page 9 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 28th, 2013, 07:38 PM   #121
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Calamity Kvitty heads to Paris for Mud Digging, Shopping and some Indoor Tennis!

@Bruce and POV

We know Petra cares, or at least feels the pressure or sorrow, cause she cries--during matches, and right after she loses them.

So there appears to be a disconnect. On one hand, Petra doesn't place the necessary work, interest and competitiveness to be more highly consistent. Nonetheless, when she unexpectedly loses, she cries and apologizes to her fans.

Petra either doesn't know what it takes, or she just saving face??
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 28th, 2013, 09:18 PM   #122
country flag TimeyWimey

TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of
Re: Calamity Kvitty heads to Paris for Mud Digging, Shopping and some Indoor Tennis!

looks like the doubles will be broadcasted
TimeyWimey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2013, 09:24 PM   #123
country flag hypersonic

hypersonic is on a distinguished road hypersonic is on a distinguished road hypersonic is on a distinguished road hypersonic is on a distinguished road hypersonic is on a distinguished road hypersonic is on a distinguished road hypersonic is on a distinguished road hypersonic is on a distinguished road hypersonic is on a distinguished road hypersonic is on a distinguished road hypersonic is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeyWimey View Post
looks like the doubles will be broadcasted
Let the NEW season of 2013 begin!
hypersonic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29th, 2013, 09:02 AM   #124
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post
We know Petra cares, or at least feels the pressure or sorrow, cause she cries--during matches, and right after she loses them.
Like I mentioned before,it's pretty hard to comment on someone's emotional state based on his/her words(unless you know that person very,very well).Actions are a much clearer barometer to judge by,and you've just named a good,obvious example of where Petra's poise and mental strength are right now during too many of her matches

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Our Slam: Islas Marias Prison Island Open--Benito Juarez Open(red clay)--Mazatlan Open(LOTS of Mexican 'grass' AND 'sugar')--the Mexico City Open(VERY poorly attended b/c almost NO ONE can get thru the traffic)
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29th, 2013, 11:25 AM   #125
country flag paulmara

paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute

n 100 Q Stefanie Voegele (SUI) d Tsvetana Pironkova (BUL) | 6 - 4 | 6 - 2 |
paulmara is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29th, 2013, 01:55 PM   #126
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute

Petra had here share of fun in dubs, now onto having fun advancing deep in singles
ShiftyFella is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29th, 2013, 02:09 PM   #127
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftyFella View Post
Petra had here share of fun in dubs, now onto having fun advancing deep in singles
Petra swung the racket pretty well in dubs.

No excuse if she flops against Voegele. SMH

I'm hoping, wishing for a good run!!

Come on Petra!!
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29th, 2013, 02:26 PM   #128
country flag pov

pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post
@Bruce and POV

So there appears to be a disconnect. On one hand, Petra doesn't place the necessary work, interest and competitiveness to be more highly consistent. Nonetheless, when she unexpectedly loses, she cries and apologizes to her fans.

Petra either doesn't know what it takes, or she just saving face??
Like I said before IMO things aren't as simple as "either/or." Of course she cares when she loses. But only she and her intimates know what about it bothers her. Whatever those details are, my point was: when she's not facing that immediate - or recent - sting of a loss, is her prime focus one of a honed, almost laser-like focus on improving her tennis? My impression is that it isn't. Sorrow, sadness, feeling down, etc aren't things that are generally helpful in getting back up the hill.

As for apologizing to her fans. She's a "nice" woman and she knows her fans are disappointed. She is sincere in those apologies. She sincerely wants to do better. At the same time she's not focused on doing what it takes to do better. She may even think that she is focused on that but she's not. It's not her prime motivator at the moment. That may or may not change. Either way, at this point, this isn't meant as a criticism.
Old Jan 29th, 2013, 03:11 PM   #129
country flag ArcticMoose

ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold

thetennisspace ‏@thetennisspace
  1. Petra Kvitova tells The Tennis Space 'How to have a great serve.' @Petra_Kvitova @WTA http://www.thetennisspace.com/petra-kvitova-how-to-have-a-great-serve/ …
ArcticMoose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29th, 2013, 03:25 PM   #130
country flag pov

pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks. I'd love to know how that compares to Williams practice routine.
Old Jan 29th, 2013, 04:06 PM   #131
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute

Has been a while since she played against her good friend Stefi.
Meelis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29th, 2013, 09:35 PM   #132
country flag Petronius

Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute

Pretty convenient match start times for Europeans after the Australian nightmare

But I think for Americans it's OK too, as Petra's match is scheduled for 5 pm Paris time, i.e. 11 am New York
Petronius is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2013, 12:41 AM   #133
country flag cosmoose

cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute

Having watched the Voegele's match against Pironkova, I think you should all prepare for a mega upset tomorrow.

Check out Stefanie Vögele's facebook fanpage!
cosmoose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2013, 12:50 AM   #134
country flag netphobia

netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold

Oh I agree with her thing about not practicing it too much though. I served like 150 balls once and it kiiiilled me.
petra

maria
domi • sveta • sam • katia • lena • alla • petko
netphobia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2013, 04:51 AM   #135
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by netphobia View Post
Oh I agree with her thing about not practicing it too much though. I served like 150 balls once and it kiiiilled me.
That's a nice precaution,in general,sobrina dulce,except Petra has been reminding us too much lately of a couple OTHER players who have fallen off badly,even embarrassingly so,from their original career success arcs...and are always thrilled when they have an excuse--and they have PLENTY--to not practice too much....I'm picturing a WTA amalgam named Petrana Kvitovsicki

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Our Slam: Islas Marias Prison Island Open--Benito Juarez Open(red clay)--Mazatlan Open(LOTS of Mexican 'grass' AND 'sugar')--the Mexico City Open(VERY poorly attended b/c almost NO ONE can get thru the traffic)
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote