Israel gave birth control to Ethiopian Jews without consent - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 29th, 2013, 02:40 AM   #1
moby

moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute
Israel gave birth control to Ethiopian Jews without consent

f-ed up.

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/ne...-16266787.html

Quote:
Israel has admitted for the first time that it has been giving Ethiopian Jewish immigrants birth-control injections, often without their knowledge or consent.

The government had previously denied the practice but the Israeli Health Ministry’s director-general has now ordered gynaecologists to stop administering the drugs. According a report in Haaretz, suspicions were first raised by an investigative journalist, Gal Gabbay, who interviewed more than 30 women from Ethiopia in an attempt to discover why birth rates in the community had fallen dramatically.

One of the Ethiopian women who was interviewed is quoted as saying: “They [medical staff] told us they are inoculations. We took it every three months. We said we didn’t want to.” It is alleged that some of the women were forced or coerced to take the drug while in transit camps in Ethiopia.

The drug in question is thought to be Depo-Provera, which is injected every three months and is considered to be a highly effective, long-lasting contraceptive.

Nearly 100,000 Ethiopian Jews have moved to Israel under the Law of Return since the 1980s, but their Jewishness has been questioned by some rabbis. Last year, the Prime Minister, Benjamin Netanyahu, who also holds the health portfolio, warned that illegal immigrants from Africa “threaten our existence as a Jewish and democratic state”.

Haaretz published an extract from a letter sent by the Ministry of Health to units administering the drug. Doctors were told “not to renew prescriptions for Depo Provera for women of Ethiopian origin if for any reason there is concern that they might not understand the ramifications of the treatment”.

Sharona Eliahu Chai, a lawyer for the Association of Civil Rights in Israel (ACRI), said: “Findings from investigations into the use of Depo Provera are extremely worrisome, raising concerns of harmful health policies with racist implications in violation of medical ethics. The Ministry of Health’s director-general was right to act quickly and put forth new guidelines.”
Love long has taken for his amulet/One perfect rose.
Why is it no one ever sent me yet/One perfect limousine, do you suppose?
Ah no, it's always just my luck to get/One perfect rose.
moby is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 29th, 2013, 02:42 AM   #2
country flag wild.river

wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Israel gave birth control to Ethiopian Jews without consent

jesus
completely f'ed up
wild.river is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29th, 2013, 03:14 AM   #3
country flag miffedmax
Worshipping the bangs

miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute

Bibi. What a class act. Hopefully a new coalition will be able to reign him in.
"I read on the internet that there is something chipmunky about me :-)"--Andrea H.

Elena Viatcheslavovna Dementieva--Eternal Goddess of the Divine Bangs
miffedmax is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29th, 2013, 05:29 AM   #4
country flag Melange

Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute

Melange is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29th, 2013, 02:39 PM   #5
country flag pov

pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah IMO that is very f**ked up! But of course only nutters think that there are "conspiracies."

On a tangent, I wonder why more women in the US who use birth-control don't opt for injections.

The Shot (Depo-Provera)

* Cost $30-$75 every 3 months, plus exam Cost

* What it is An injectable method of birth control that contains progestin and is prescription only

* How it works The hormone prevents ovulation, thickens cervical mucus, and alters the uterine lining.

* Who it's for Breastfeeding moms who don't want to get pregnant for 2-3 years; those who can't take estrogen.

* Downside Irregular bleeding may result. Can also cause temporary bone thinning; discuss this with your doctor if you're at risk for osteoporosis.

* Use it without fail, and it's 99.9 percent effective. If you're late for a shot, that number falls to 97 percent.
"The human mind is not capable of grasping the Universe. We are like a little child entering a huge library. The walls are covered to the ceilings with books in many different tongues. The child knows that someone must have written these books. It does not know who or how. It does not understand the languages in which they are written. But the child notes a definite plan in the arrangement of the books - a mysterious order which it does not comprehend, but only dimly suspects." - Albert Einstein
pov is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29th, 2013, 02:41 PM   #6
country flag le bon vivant
maman.

le bon vivant has a reputation beyond repute le bon vivant has a reputation beyond repute le bon vivant has a reputation beyond repute le bon vivant has a reputation beyond repute le bon vivant has a reputation beyond repute le bon vivant has a reputation beyond repute le bon vivant has a reputation beyond repute le bon vivant has a reputation beyond repute le bon vivant has a reputation beyond repute le bon vivant has a reputation beyond repute le bon vivant has a reputation beyond repute

State racism. Not surprising.

█████████████████ʘ
le bon vivant is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29th, 2013, 02:48 PM   #7
country flag wayitis

wayitis has a reputation beyond repute wayitis has a reputation beyond repute wayitis has a reputation beyond repute wayitis has a reputation beyond repute wayitis has a reputation beyond repute wayitis has a reputation beyond repute wayitis has a reputation beyond repute wayitis has a reputation beyond repute wayitis has a reputation beyond repute wayitis has a reputation beyond repute wayitis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pov View Post
Yeah IMO that is very f**ked up! But of course only nutters think that there are "conspiracies."
it was surely deliberate, targeted and planned not to be called a "conspiracy", unless you believe in huge state sponsored coincidences...
wayitis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29th, 2013, 02:48 PM   #8
country flag pov

pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBV. View Post
State racism. Not surprising.
It is to me. Hmmm . . .let me be clear - I'm not surprised that many people in the Israeli government have a strong preference for European-Jews but I am surprised that they'd go as far as to carry out direct actions to get rid of Ethiopian-Jews.
"The human mind is not capable of grasping the Universe. We are like a little child entering a huge library. The walls are covered to the ceilings with books in many different tongues. The child knows that someone must have written these books. It does not know who or how. It does not understand the languages in which they are written. But the child notes a definite plan in the arrangement of the books - a mysterious order which it does not comprehend, but only dimly suspects." - Albert Einstein
Old Jan 29th, 2013, 02:53 PM   #9
country flag pov

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayitis View Post
it was surely deliberate, targeted and planned not to be called a "conspiracy", unless you believe in huge state sponsored coincidences...
Huh? My point is that no matter how many times things like this come to light, until a government admits to it, those who claim that a government does such things are labelled nutters. IMO It's as stupid to think there are no government "conspiracies" as it is to think that everything strange is a government conspiracy.
Old Jan 29th, 2013, 03:08 PM   #10
Morning Morgan

Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute

Oh reilly? The irony

"No, I'm not. But with you, I don't even care."
Morning Morgan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29th, 2013, 04:49 PM   #11
country flag Infiniti2001
Veelieve!!!

Infiniti2001 has disabled reputation

Yes they're Jews , but not the right color to reproduce ... Fucking shameful!!!
Old Jan 29th, 2013, 04:52 PM   #12
country flag heavyhorse

heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute

Not surprising. No doubt America will keep funding this fucked up government so they can continue oppressing and murdering people in Palestine.
Old Jan 29th, 2013, 05:11 PM   #13
country flag homogenius

homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute

disgusting
homogenius is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29th, 2013, 06:30 PM   #14
country flag *JR*

*JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute

DNA tests by Israel's own scientists showed that the Ethiopian Jews are by far more directly descended from the ancient Israelites than the dominant Ashkenazi Jews (of European ancestry). And the oft discriminated against there Sephardic Jews (the Israelis whose roots are in North Africa and the Middle East) are "more Israelite" than the Ashkenazim too.

Keep in mind that the only thing the Holocaust necessitated was a Jewish homeland somewhere, it being where Biblical Israel was is specifically related to the claimed connection to that land by the Ashkenazim (though of course there was no DNA testing when Herzl started the Zionist Movement in 1897, and the modern State of Israel was established 50 years later).

In his book The Thirteenth Tribe (1976) Arthur Koestler @ long last put the lie to the Ashkenazi claim to have any ethnic connection to Biblical Israel (and Jusea & Samaria). So yeah, they honored the "right of return" for the Ethiopian Jews, but the Ashkenazim really wish they wouldn't have used it. A lot off you would be shocked @ the blatant racism openly expressed against these Jews in "Eretz Yisrael".

BTW, Barack Obama (who's the son of an African father, no less) has basically continued the American subservience to this parasitic "ally".
Old Jan 29th, 2013, 06:47 PM   #15
country flag miffedmax
Worshipping the bangs

miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by *JR* View Post
DNA tests by Israel's own scientists showed that the Ethiopian Jews are by far more directly descended from the ancient Israelites than the dominant Ashkenazi Jews (of European ancestry). And the oft discriminated against there Sephardic Jews (the Israelis whose roots are in North Africa and the Middle East) are "more Israelite" than the Ashkenazim too.
For that matter, so are many Palestinians, a large percentage of whom are descended from Jews who converted to Islam in the 6th and 7th Centuries.
"I read on the internet that there is something chipmunky about me :-)"--Andrea H.

Elena Viatcheslavovna Dementieva--Eternal Goddess of the Divine Bangs
miffedmax is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote