News on Emily Webley-Smith - Page 7 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 24th, 2012, 07:24 PM   #91
country flag spiceboy

spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: News on Emily Webley-Smith

Emily in Dallas this week

spiceboy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 29th, 2013, 11:18 AM   #92
country flag WIMBY

WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of

Sheng-Nan Sun (CHN) d. (Q)Emily Webley-Smith (GBR) 61 64

6 Singles titles and 24 Doubles titles, 3rd rnd 2012 & 1/4 Final 07 Wimbledon Mixed Doubles, Round 2 Wimbledon 06

"You have to dream big and go for it. Surround yourself with people who believe in you and ignore those who try to bring you down. Never give up, no matter what - overcoming obstacles makes you stronger." "If it is to be, it is up to me".
WIMBY is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3rd, 2013, 12:34 PM   #93
country flag Phil=)

Phil=) has a brilliant future Phil=) has a brilliant future Phil=) has a brilliant future Phil=) has a brilliant future Phil=) has a brilliant future Phil=) has a brilliant future Phil=) has a brilliant future Phil=) has a brilliant future Phil=) has a brilliant future Phil=) has a brilliant future Phil=) has a brilliant future

She reached the QF at 15 K Dijon after coming through qualifying.
SF: Doubles Sunderland, Kuala Lumpur
Singles: 83// Doubles: 59 (partnering: flareon)
Titles overall(ITF): Singles: 1 (1), Doubles: 12 (5)
Phil=) is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15th, 2013, 03:11 PM   #94
country flag Mforensic

Mforensic has a reputation beyond repute Mforensic has a reputation beyond repute Mforensic has a reputation beyond repute Mforensic has a reputation beyond repute Mforensic has a reputation beyond repute Mforensic has a reputation beyond repute Mforensic has a reputation beyond repute Mforensic has a reputation beyond repute Mforensic has a reputation beyond repute Mforensic has a reputation beyond repute Mforensic has a reputation beyond repute

Won through qualifying at Namangan 0 and 0.
2008- 25K Jersey, 75K Torhout
2009- 25K Changwong, 75K Shrewsbury
2010- 100K Midland, 50K Nottingham
2011- 100K+H Nottingham
2013- 50K Nottingham
Mforensic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17th, 2014, 02:35 PM   #95
country flag pesto

pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of

Through to Wimby QR2, courtesy of a retirement.

Emily Webley Smith bt Beatriz Garcia Vidagany: 3-6, 6-4, 2-0.
pesto is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17th, 2014, 03:21 PM   #96
country flag 4everandever

4everandever is just really nice 4everandever is just really nice 4everandever is just really nice 4everandever is just really nice 4everandever is just really nice 4everandever is just really nice 4everandever is just really nice 4everandever is just really nice 4everandever is just really nice 4everandever is just really nice 4everandever is just really nice

Worth noting that the two British girls through to Q2 are EWS and Gabi Taylor, the two winners of the wildcard play-offs. Perhaps a case could be made for more play-off places, less automatic wild cards? Particularly when the extra week between RG and Wimbledon would make scheduling easier in future years?

Anyway, congratulations to Emily, and GL for the next round.
4everandever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17th, 2014, 06:22 PM   #97
country flag pesto

pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of

And one of the men who came through the play-offs won his opening match too.

Maybe they have an extra feeling of confidence if they feel they have earned the right to be there.
Old Jun 18th, 2014, 01:21 PM   #98
country flag vaslav37

vaslav37 is just really nice vaslav37 is just really nice vaslav37 is just really nice vaslav37 is just really nice vaslav37 is just really nice vaslav37 is just really nice vaslav37 is just really nice vaslav37 is just really nice vaslav37 is just really nice vaslav37 is just really nice vaslav37 is just really nice

Webley-Smith lost today in Q2 but why is she still out there at the age of 30? she has only played in two Wimbledons in 2004 and 2011 and never even made the top 240??? is she simply a very bad tennis player?
vaslav37 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18th, 2014, 02:19 PM   #99
country flag pesto

Well, she's obviously not great, but she had a lot of injury problems.

She's only played two main draw singles at Wimby, but has played more often in qualies, and in doubles.

I assume she just loves to play. I don't know how she can afford to - her prize money can't possibly cover her outgoings.
Old Jul 26th, 2014, 12:37 PM   #100
country flag toddsw33ney

toddsw33ney is a glorious beacon of light toddsw33ney is a glorious beacon of light toddsw33ney is a glorious beacon of light toddsw33ney is a glorious beacon of light toddsw33ney is a glorious beacon of light toddsw33ney is a glorious beacon of light toddsw33ney is a glorious beacon of light toddsw33ney is a glorious beacon of light toddsw33ney is a glorious beacon of light toddsw33ney is a glorious beacon of light toddsw33ney is a glorious beacon of light

see you in washington good luck
toddsw33ney is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26th, 2014, 11:46 PM   #101
country flag vaslav37

vaslav37 is just really nice vaslav37 is just really nice vaslav37 is just really nice vaslav37 is just really nice vaslav37 is just really nice vaslav37 is just really nice vaslav37 is just really nice vaslav37 is just really nice vaslav37 is just really nice vaslav37 is just really nice vaslav37 is just really nice

Big win over Paszek today in DC 6-1 6-3...
vaslav37 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29th, 2014, 01:58 PM   #102
country flag toddsw33ney

toddsw33ney is a glorious beacon of light toddsw33ney is a glorious beacon of light toddsw33ney is a glorious beacon of light toddsw33ney is a glorious beacon of light toddsw33ney is a glorious beacon of light toddsw33ney is a glorious beacon of light toddsw33ney is a glorious beacon of light toddsw33ney is a glorious beacon of light toddsw33ney is a glorious beacon of light toddsw33ney is a glorious beacon of light toddsw33ney is a glorious beacon of light

any news where she is going next?
Old Sep 5th, 2014, 10:32 AM   #103
country flag toddsw33ney

does no one follow her???? she played the eta 125 last week and lost in the first round , now she's playing the qualifying for the international event in hong kong

what is her ranking and how does she keep getting into draws like this ?? when players like moore and murray are no where to be seen

also how does she afford the travelling?
Old Sep 8th, 2014, 12:18 AM   #104
country flag joeh37

joeh37 has much to be proud of joeh37 has much to be proud of joeh37 has much to be proud of joeh37 has much to be proud of joeh37 has much to be proud of joeh37 has much to be proud of joeh37 has much to be proud of joeh37 has much to be proud of joeh37 has much to be proud of joeh37 has much to be proud of joeh37 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddsw33ney View Post
does no one follow her???? she played the eta 125 last week and lost in the first round , now she's playing the qualifying for the international event in hong kong

what is her ranking and how does she keep getting into draws like this ?? when players like moore and murray are no where to be seen

also how does she afford the travelling?

She could have beaten Kostova in Hong Kong according to her twitter Kostova took a lot of time outs and that gamesmanship clearly helped her.

As for the coming weeks she's priority one for a 50k in Las Vegas week of 22nd September. About 20 out from Qualies at the moment. As a back up she has the 25k in Mexico as priority 2.

Perfectly legitimate scheduling a few east Asian tournaments then a week off before playing in North America. As for how she affords it I have no idea!

Murray has a wrist injury for the record.

Thankyou for years of service to British tennis

@Joeh_37
joeh37 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8th, 2014, 01:43 AM   #105
country flag Kevin.
Team USA ♥

Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute

she is currently 2 out of Tokyo Q
Doubles: Rank-15; Career High-12. Career Record: 108-114; Best Results: Winner: 2012-Wimbledon w/Kylger, 50k Lexington w/Kylger, 2011-Luxembourg w/drake1980;Finalist: 2012-San Diego w/Kylger, Moscow w/Kylger

Follow me on twitter!: www.twitter.com/kevintdillon
Kevin. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote