Changing the coach - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 09:09 AM   #46
country flag Beaumont

Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all
Re: Changing the coach

How good is Ricardo Sanchez? His CV says he formerly coached Jankovic and Wozniacki, but JJ and Caro are two of the most one dimensional players of recent times. He certainly didn't add aspects to their game
Beaumont is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 12:20 PM   #47
country flag Ian Aberdon

Ian Aberdon has disabled reputation

I think if she remained with the status quo, then it would have been down down, deeper & down.

Ich liebe dich nicht, du liebst mich nicht it's a braw moonlicht nicht the nicht
Ian Aberdon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 04:26 PM   #48
country flag Geekking

Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaumont View Post
How good is Ricardo Sanchez? His CV says he formerly coached Jankovic and Wozniacki, but JJ and Caro are two of the most one dimensional players of recent times. He certainly didn't add aspects to their game
He also coached Carlos Moya, Nikolay Davydenko and Alejandro Falla. He is also coach of IMG Nick Bollettieri Tennis Academy and friend of Chip Brooks who helped Sabine last year.
Geekking is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 08:03 PM   #49
country flag Patrick345

Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

He time-share coached Caro for about eight weeks.

What´s wrong with having JJ´s career? He made her #1 in the world. You´d have a problem with Lisicki becoming #1 and having more wins over Serena than Azarenka/Sharapova combined?

If he could coach Lisicki to an Olympic medal, a Premier 900, a MM YEC and a Doubles YEC like he did with Petrova last year it would be the greatest six months of Lisicki´s career.

Whether it works out or not she has to get some new input.
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Patrick345 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 11:42 PM   #50
country flag Nina.

Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
He coached JJ during her best time when she was playing great tennis and winning against great players
I think it's a good decision to get a coach, let's see how it works out between the two.
Nina. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 07:02 PM   #51
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute

I'm curious to see what he can do with Sabine. (And how long it will last.)

Andrea Petkovic - Sara Errani - Jarka Gajdosova - Alizé Cornet
Dorien. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 08:38 PM   #52
country flag Bino

Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorien. View Post
I'm curious to see what he can do with Sabine. (And how long it will last.)
I hope he will strengthen her self confidence and safety game, so she can use her full potential. He dosn't need to explain her how to hit the ball.
Bino is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 02:23 AM   #53
country flag wagner1912

wagner1912 is a glorious beacon of light wagner1912 is a glorious beacon of light wagner1912 is a glorious beacon of light wagner1912 is a glorious beacon of light wagner1912 is a glorious beacon of light wagner1912 is a glorious beacon of light wagner1912 is a glorious beacon of light wagner1912 is a glorious beacon of light wagner1912 is a glorious beacon of light wagner1912 is a glorious beacon of light wagner1912 is a glorious beacon of light

He served much in the duo-Kirilenko Petrova.
He helped petrova for the Olympics and that she was the main objective of the previous year, so she joined Kirilenko. By winning so many games and major titles, it made that singles made improved since their confidence was another.
So I think Bine must set clear goals and learn from this experience, this may mean a change for her and I do not think it change of one day to another, but if you can go slowly gaining confidence that is what she need to recover and find tranquility in their matches thus she can go back to feel better in a court enjoying.
wagner1912 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27th, 2013, 06:29 PM   #54
country flag CillyUltra

CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekking View Post
He also coached Carlos Moya, Nikolay Davydenko and Alejandro Falla. He is also coach of IMG Nick Bollettieri Tennis Academy and friend of Chip Brooks who helped Sabine last year.
He was a coach at the academy before he took over Jankovic but remained part of the Bollettieri universe of course. Probably they knew each other before, and maybe the IMG/ Bollettieri network played a role in bringing them together.
Old Jan 27th, 2013, 06:53 PM   #55
country flag CillyUltra

CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute

Coach Ricardo Sanchez considers state of the WTA

Quote:
As to whether he'd coach an ATP player: "I wouldn't really care to. The problem there is that on the women's tour I'm at a level of the five best coaches in the world, and I am in demand. Now, if there came about the chance to train a young lad who looks like a good bet, of course I would do it for less money."
Old Jan 27th, 2013, 07:07 PM   #56
country flag Ziva

Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future

He thinks very high of himself

2013 Good Girl: Petra Kvitova
GG Race: Jankovic(+), Pironkova(F), Pennetta, Pavlyuchenkova(+), Halep(F), Ivanovic(MPbonus),Torro-Flor, Serena, CSN, Garcia, Cetkovska, Pliskova, Discount Sharapova(OD), Keys(F),Discount Sharapova, Serena, Venus, Wozniacki, Bencic(3ROD), Ivanovic
Ziva is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2013, 09:40 AM   #57
country flag Schnffy

Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of

sabine is a good bet...i like that phrase...
Old Mar 2nd, 2013, 02:02 PM   #58
country flag everythingtaboo

everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold

So what do we all think of Mr Sanchez a month in? I'm impressed. 2 finals in a matter of a weeks is a great improvement. I hope Sabine keeps him for a while, at least until after Wimbledon.
Old Apr 24th, 2013, 09:45 AM   #59
country flag Ziva

Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future

Sanchez gone, she won't change her game

Sabine about why she fired Sanchez:

Quote:
Lisicki: Trennung von Coach Sanchez

Nach gut drei Monaten hat Sabine Lisicki die Zusammenarbeit mit ihrem Trainer Ricardo Sanchez schon wieder beendet.

"Es hat einfach nicht gepasst. Ricardo ist ein sehr guter Coach, aber seine Vorstellung war eine andere. Dadurch ist mir mein instinktives Spiel verloren gegangen, das mich immer so ausgezeichnet hat", sagte die Weltranglisten-47. beim WTA-Turnier in Stuttgart.

Bei der Sandplatzveranstaltung war Lisicki am Montagabend durch ein 6:3, 6:4 gegen die Qualifikantin Nastassja Burnett (Italien) ins Achtelfinale eingezogen. Neuer Coach der Berlinerin ist Robert Orlik, der auch Mona Barthel (Neumünster) betreut.

Lisicki hatte den 52-jährigen Sanchez erst am Rande der Australian Open Ende Januar in Melbourne als ihren neuen Trainer vorgestellt. Der Spanier hatte zuvor schon die früheren Weltranglistenersten Caroline Wozniacki (Dänemark) und Jelena Jankovic (Serbien) sowie die Russin Nadja Petrowa betreut.

Mit Wimbledon-Viertelfinalistin Lisicki, die zuvor immer von ihrem Vater Richard betreut worden war, konnte sich Sanchez offenbar nicht über die Taktik einigen.

"Ich konnte nicht frei aufspielen und war zu sehr eingeschränkt. Ich war zu defensiv", erklärte die 23-Jährige. Lisicki hatte mit Sanchez immerhin die Finals von Memphis und Pattaya erreicht.

Sanchez hatte im vergangenen Jahr Schlagzeilen gemacht, als er nach nur zwei Monaten von Wozniacki gefeuert worden war. Zudem hatte er einst beim Turnier in Tokio vor laufender Kamera eine Gegnerin seines Ex-Schützlings Petrowa übel beleidigt.
In English what she said abou the Reasons

Quote:
"....it just didn't work, Ricardo is a very good coach, but he had different plans than me regarding my game.
I lost my instinctive game...."

"I couldn't play freely, was too limited. I was to defensive."
As i suspected it's the same we saw with Wozniacki, she won't change her game at all
Those defensive skills are something she would need to get some kind of consistency.....

Not very promising, daddys girl still not ready for some new ideas

2013 Good Girl: Petra Kvitova
GG Race: Jankovic(+), Pironkova(F), Pennetta, Pavlyuchenkova(+), Halep(F), Ivanovic(MPbonus),Torro-Flor, Serena, CSN, Garcia, Cetkovska, Pliskova, Discount Sharapova(OD), Keys(F),Discount Sharapova, Serena, Venus, Wozniacki, Bencic(3ROD), Ivanovic
Ziva is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24th, 2013, 10:58 AM   #60
country flag Patrick345

Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziva View Post
Sanchez gone, she won't change her game

Sabine about why she fired Sanchez:

In English what she said abou the Reasons

As i suspected it's the same we saw with Wozniacki, she won't change her game at all
Those defensive skills are something she would need to get some kind of consistency.....

Not very promising, daddys girl still not ready for some new ideas
Defensive. I saw no defensive game in Memphis or Pattay City. I saw more structure and hitting patterns in her powerful baseline tennis. You cannot win regularly on hardcourts (especially) if you just bash at everything and have no basic rally game or structure. I´m sure he didn´t tell her to stop hitting winners, but to find the best spots to hit winners. For that you need to be able to rally. Tennis 101. He didn´t turn Petrova into JJ now did he? Turned her into a P5 winner, Olympic medalist, Doubles and MM world champion though. Honestly sounds like an even dumber split than him being rude or greedy. The whole idea of hiring a NEW coach is trying NEW things, no?
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Patrick345 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote