Ana Konjuh - Page 104 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jan 28th, 2013, 02:17 AM   #1546
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future
Re: Ana Konjuh

Junior Slam Champ Ana Konjuh Dedicates Wins to Ill Sister; Receives Warm Welcome in Zagreb http://www.tennisgrandstand.com/2013...ome-in-zagreb/
guichard is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 28th, 2013, 02:45 AM   #1547
country flag TimeyWimey

TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by guichard View Post
Junior Slam Champ Ana Konjuh Dedicates Wins to Ill Sister; Receives Warm Welcome in Zagreb http://www.tennisgrandstand.com/2013...ome-in-zagreb/
no wonder Ana dedicates a large portion of her tweets to her sister, you go girl!
TimeyWimey is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 28th, 2013, 05:36 AM   #1548
country flag Losing Streak
Potavushina

Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute

9 yo Ana @ "VINDI KUP" Varaždin 2007

with family in airport of Zagreb: Mario (father), Iris (mother) and sisters (Andrea, Antonia and Antea)

💎 Anastasia Potapova Olesya Pervushina x Katarina Zavatska Dayana Yastremska 💎
Kichenoks Pliskovas Govortsova Sasnovich Smitkova Diatchenko Dodin Mlad Putintseva Bencic Krunic Vekic Kovinic Mitu Savic | Vika Simona Shitra Ana Angie Aga Jule Sarin Mad Jamie
Losing Streak is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 28th, 2013, 06:11 AM   #1549
country flag crotennis2

crotennis2 is a glorious beacon of light crotennis2 is a glorious beacon of light crotennis2 is a glorious beacon of light crotennis2 is a glorious beacon of light crotennis2 is a glorious beacon of light crotennis2 is a glorious beacon of light crotennis2 is a glorious beacon of light crotennis2 is a glorious beacon of light crotennis2 is a glorious beacon of light crotennis2 is a glorious beacon of light crotennis2 is a glorious beacon of light

If they guide her correct she'll be a very dangerous player. Family have lots of money so no need to sell her short. Her back seem s to be a problem if she don't work at it.
crotennis2 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 28th, 2013, 06:17 AM   #1550
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

The 4 As (Antonia, Andrea, Ana and Antea )
Is her family wealthy... I didn't know that or get that impression
Although, you have to have some money to thrive in tennis as it is a very expensive sport

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008
chingching is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jan 28th, 2013, 06:35 AM   #1551
Potavushina

Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Very inspiring and touching article, thanks for sharing!

I've always found it very touching how closely bound and supportive her family is, as well as her awesome relationship to her sister Antonia, they seem to be like twins. I think her family is definitely one of her strenghts.

Ana seems to be such an adorable girl, you cannot dislike her.
I've really fallen in love with her, with who she is, like I rarely do with tennis players.

(Posting the pics from the article)

Antonia & Ana

Ana with her family after winning the Orange Bowl in 2012

Ana with her family and coaches at the Zagreb airport

Ana & Andrea

Ana with coaches

Goran Ivanisevic

Kichenoks Pliskovas Govortsova Sasnovich Smitkova Diatchenko Dodin Mlad Putintseva Bencic Krunic Vekic Kovinic Mitu Savic | Vika Simona Shitra Ana Angie Aga Jule Sarin Mad Jamie
Old Jan 28th, 2013, 08:16 AM   #1552
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
For those who couldn't pick it up from the video, she said her tennis role models are Federer and Clijsters - interesting
ma re is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 28th, 2013, 08:22 AM   #1553
Potavushina

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma re View Post
Federer and Clijsters
That's quite the only words I understood actually nice picks, Ana

Old Jan 28th, 2013, 10:32 AM   #1554
country flag petar_pan

petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
I don't like her dad attitude. He puts too much pressure. And this is 2nd interview I am listenig him and both times he said "now croatian women tennis has bright future" forgetting Donna Vekic.

Last edited by petar_pan : Jan 28th, 2013 at 11:33 AM.
petar_pan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 28th, 2013, 10:39 AM   #1555
country flag crotennis2

crotennis2 is a glorious beacon of light crotennis2 is a glorious beacon of light crotennis2 is a glorious beacon of light crotennis2 is a glorious beacon of light crotennis2 is a glorious beacon of light crotennis2 is a glorious beacon of light crotennis2 is a glorious beacon of light crotennis2 is a glorious beacon of light crotennis2 is a glorious beacon of light crotennis2 is a glorious beacon of light crotennis2 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by petar_pan View Post
I don't like her dad attitude. He puts too much pressure. And this is 2nd interviw I am lisnnig him and both times he said "now croatian women tennis has bright future" forgeting Donna Vekic.
He pays PP, so he can say it, and it's not so bad, just truth, it is bright with lots of good young players. Too many of these players are destroyed from parents, see this every day. Vekic is being pushed to choose for GB, she won't, we know this, but some in Croatia are angry.
crotennis2 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 28th, 2013, 11:25 AM   #1556
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't find her dad's words upsetting and it's possible that some of us had just misunderstood what he meant. Sure, he is ambitious, which is obvious from his statement that they're aiming for top 200 this year and that "it's entirely doable", if I recall correctly, but other than that he seems like a reasonable guy. Great to see the whole family welcoming them at the airport
Old Jan 28th, 2013, 11:39 AM   #1557
country flag ivananda

ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all

Ana's father spoke very nice. He repeted Majoli's words about croatian tennis future. Donna and Petra are also included here (and other girls).
Ching ching was more ambitious than Ana's father....hahaha... He predicted 133 points from those 5 tournaments. I'd say that both are realistic but we will see what will happened very soon.
ivananda is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 28th, 2013, 11:44 AM   #1558
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivananda View Post
Ana's father spoke very nice. He repeted Majoli's words about croatian tennis future. Donna and Petra are also included here (and other girls).
Ching ching was more ambitious than Ana's father....hahaha... He predicted 133 points from those 5 tournaments. I'd say that both are realistic but we will see what will happened very soon.
I am See, I don't hate Ana
I mean, I set that as something to aim for, not something to expect
If she could achieve that, that would be excellent
And given her current form, that is very achievable
Apparently she was injured in Antalya 10K and she still managed to play well
It will be interesting to see how she plays when she plays players who she can't hit off the court or simply dominate but will maybe even be dominated herself

Old Jan 28th, 2013, 11:56 AM   #1559
country flag ma re

According to some articles Mats Wilander compared Ana to none other than Serena Williams. She was asked about it at the welcoming and said she is honored and thankful for such nice words, as well as that she hopes to fulfill some of those expectations in the future.

He probably referred to the style of play and the way in which she overpowers opposition, but it's still nice to hear it.
Old Jan 28th, 2013, 12:10 PM   #1560
country flag chingching

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma re View Post
According to some articles Mats Wilander compared Ana to none other than Serena Williams. She was asked about it at the welcoming and said she is honored and thankful for such nice words, as well as that she hopes to fulfill some of those expectations in the future.

He probably referred to the style of play and the way in which she overpowers opposition, but it's still nice to hear it.
And her intimidating build
I showed my 17 year old sister a video of Ana and she said, "there's no way she's your age. She looks older than me!!! I would not be walking through a street late at night knowing that she was there"

Closed Thread