YoB 1997 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 2nd, 2012, 07:12 PM   #1
country flag Embittered

Embittered has disabled reputation
YoB 1997

Kyra Akinnibi, Jasmine Amber Asghar, Anna Brogan, Freya Christie, Lana Rush etc.

Which of these will break out to make an impact? At least four of the above can claim to have been the leading British player of her year of birth at some point. Rumour has it Kyra has retired. National champ Anna is struggling with a succession of bad draws: she has another at the G2 Biesterbos Open this week. Maybe Lana is in pole position right now.
Embittered is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 2nd, 2012, 10:11 PM   #2
country flag Joe.

Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: YoB 1997

Rush is the only player out of that list that i've heard of so i'll go with her.

She took 5 games off of Coco Vandeweghe in her first ever pro event- which is promising
Old Jul 3rd, 2012, 02:46 AM   #3
country flag *hingis_forever*

*hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future

Kyra was probably considered miles ahead of the others a few years ago but has since been overtaken by all of them probably. She hasn't played in ages so perhaps has given up? Last year, Freya looked to be in pole position, but injuries have hindered her progress. Still, she looks to be a tall athletic girl, and there's plenty of time for her (she is in fact the youngest of the girls mentioned, born in November as opposed to February for Lana). Anna has also had some decent results, including taking Belinda Bencic to three sets at the end of last year. Lana is the tallest, most powerfully built of the girls which should give her a head up on them. Jasmine is the least known of the lot, but had some good results on the tennis europe u14 circuit last year and pushed Lana to a third set tiebreak earlier this year.
What all this means, I don't know, but I am cautiously optimistic that at least one of these girls will make it. Good luck to them all!

*hingis_forever* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2012, 07:06 PM   #4
country flag Embittered

The LTA seem to be indicating this week who they think is in pole position. While Freya and Lana are left to duke it out for the national 16U championship and Jasmine, for some reason, chooses a Portuguese G4, Anna is selected for a nice junket to Yale University.

It's possible one of the GB team captains had an influence on the choice...
Old Aug 26th, 2012, 06:14 PM   #5
country flag Embittered

Lana won the 16U national final in straight sets against Freya.
Old Nov 9th, 2012, 06:52 PM   #6
country flag Embittered

Freya double-bagelled Jessica Ren today, though I fear that says a lot more about Jessica than it does about Freya.
Old Nov 11th, 2012, 09:37 PM   #7
country flag Monica_Rules

Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute

It's an interesting group of players, none of whom i think will make the big stage. I hope they'll push eachother on to bigger and better things though

Naomi Broady, Tara Moore, Heather Watson , Laura Robson

Johanna Konta, Eleanor Dean
, Sam Murray
Katy Dunne Katie Boulter
Monica_Rules is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1st, 2012, 04:52 PM   #8
country flag Embittered

‏@BritishTennis

Aegon #BritishTour Masters: In the women's draw 15 yr old Freya Christie is through to the final with a 62 63 win over Natasha Starling

Versus Harriet Dart, beating Anna Fitzpatrick along the way: http://lta.tournamentsoftware.com/sp...9FBDC8B&draw=2
Old Dec 1st, 2012, 06:19 PM   #9
country flag Joe.

Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute

Wow Beating Fitzpatrick is very very good.
Old Dec 1st, 2012, 09:56 PM   #10
country flag *hingis_forever*

*hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future

Very impressive from Freya. Now if she could just translate this success into success on the ITF circuit.

*hingis_forever* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12th, 2013, 02:26 PM   #11
country flag Embittered

Rare sighting of Kyra on the entry list for next week's ABT Stirling: http://lta.tournamentsoftware.com/sp...560034&event=2 (in the "exlude" section). Does this portend a comeback?

EDIT: and on an ITF entry list: http://www.itftennis.com/procircuit/...tid=1100028526

Last edited by Embittered : Jan 17th, 2013 at 08:21 PM.
Old Jan 27th, 2013, 09:40 PM   #12
country flag Embittered

p.p.s. Defo back, she's won a qualie match in a G2: http://www.itftennis.com/juniors/tou...tid=1100028091
Old Feb 20th, 2013, 11:02 PM   #13
country flag Embittered

(Webless) Emily Smith seems to be making strides.

http://lta.tournamentsoftware.com/sp...4134D6A&draw=4
http://www.itftennis.com/juniors/tou...tid=1100028110
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 10:44 AM   #14
country flag Embittered

Quote:
Originally Posted by @emily24smith

Won my first itf today woohoo! ������☺��������������������
(I.e. yesterday.)
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 07:09 PM   #15
country flag angliru

angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute

The Norwegian Tennis Federation had a written interview with Emily Smith on their homepage. I bookmarked it, but it seems like it has been removed from the site. Anyway, Emily said she's been serving really well all week and got a lot of "free" points because of her serve: Either it was an ace or it forced a return error from her opponent or it allowed her to go to the net. According to the writer she's been playing a very offensive game all week. Emily also said that she had a foot fracture last year!

She seem to be back in good form!
angliru is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote