Lisa Raymond cheering thread - Page 309 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jan 21st, 2013, 11:49 PM   #4621
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Lisa Raymond cheering thread

^I was looking forward to this the past year. And if your back hurts then why even contemplate playing Mixed in the first place? Like I said, until last year, the few years before he had withdrawn, not entered or only played Wimbledon, so this just makes me even more annoyed. And I mean it's Mixed Doubles, there really isn't all that much effort needed in this format + as I said before AMG withdrew, I KNEW she'd withdraw with a back injury of her own, it was only potentially 4 matches needed, suck it up and aim to complete both your's and Lisa's Mixed Slam!

Still just bitter about Lisa missing out on the chance altogether. I really want her to get the Aussie Mixed before the likes of Serena swoops in and takes it from her.

Uranium is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 12:25 AM   #4622
country flag obama08

obama08 is a glorious beacon of light obama08 is a glorious beacon of light obama08 is a glorious beacon of light obama08 is a glorious beacon of light obama08 is a glorious beacon of light obama08 is a glorious beacon of light obama08 is a glorious beacon of light obama08 is a glorious beacon of light obama08 is a glorious beacon of light obama08 is a glorious beacon of light obama08 is a glorious beacon of light

I am convinced Lisa wont end her career without playing in Oz at least one more time assuming she is healthy and still having good results! This was extremely disappointing in many ways- she had best come back!
obama08 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 06:27 AM   #4623
country flag obama08

obama08 is a glorious beacon of light obama08 is a glorious beacon of light obama08 is a glorious beacon of light obama08 is a glorious beacon of light obama08 is a glorious beacon of light obama08 is a glorious beacon of light obama08 is a glorious beacon of light obama08 is a glorious beacon of light obama08 is a glorious beacon of light obama08 is a glorious beacon of light obama08 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srodgers View Post
Well thats embarassing...
In hindsight Srodgers, perhaps a 6-4 6-4 loss was not as 'embarassing' and you originally thought!

While Lisa and Maria should have won the match having been up and in control both sets 4-1, Ash/Casey have been dominant all week not having dropped a set yet. I expect to see them in the final...good for them for making the most of an open draw!
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 07:41 AM   #4624
country flag Max Macca

Max Macca is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Guys

First post, even though I have been lurking awhile.

I managed to see Lisa play in Sydney with Maria and they looked good. I think they just need to gel as a team.
Honestly I would have liked to have seen Lisa play with Srebotnik or Petrova. Katarina has the experience and Nadia has the heavy ground strokes.

In regards to mixed, I honestly think Lisa needs to find another partner she can rely on. Mike is a brilliant doubles player, no doubt about it, but isnt reliable. I wouldnt mind seeing Lisa play with either Mirnyi or Nestor. Plus they both have the height.
Max Macca is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 07:44 AM   #4625
country flag Max Macca

Max Macca is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry for the double post, seems I clicked the quick reply button.

But Lisa looked a little rusty in Sydney but I take that from it being her first tournament back since holiday break. She and Maria did well but I think need to play more to gel.

The mixed im sure Lisa is secretly pissed about. This part of her career she would be wanting to play every tournament she can. I understand Mike pulling out but I think maybe its time to get another partner who wont back out.
I did hear a rumour Nestor was pissed Julia pulled out on him.

Out of curiousity I did notice something interesting in Sydney, and just is gossip so sorry, I noticed that Lisa was playing with out her ring on. Not sure if it was the heat or just doesnt wear it anymore.
Max Macca is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 27th, 2013, 05:27 PM   #4626
country flag TennisFan75

TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold
Bummer no Lisa this week

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Old Jan 27th, 2013, 05:28 PM   #4627
country flag Barktra
Allez

Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute

She has loads of points to defend right now
Barktra is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 04:51 PM   #4628
country flag TennisFan75

TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold

weeks with no Lisa are less fun, just sayin...
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 12:13 AM   #4629
country flag obama08

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan75 View Post
Bummer no Lisa this week

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

I heard that lisa wasn't planning to play in Paris as Maria was planning to go to Pattaya. When they set their schedule that was the plan. My understanding now is that in Australia Maria told lisa that she is no longer going to play doubles at all due to her bad knee. She can't give 100% to both so is giving up doubles completely which leaves Lisa now scrambling to find a partner.

Bad luck for Lisa down under. Between that news from Maria and Mike pulling out of the mixed, safe to say it was a terrible Australian swing for Raymond. She has to go back for another run in 2014! She needs that darn mixed title!

No word yet on a steady partner for the rest of the year but hopefully something will work out.
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 02:28 AM   #4630
country flag Barktra
Allez

Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute

I want her to go back to liezel

Maybe cara black?
Barktra is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 02:37 AM   #4631
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute

^Ooooh, I want Cara so bad. AMG wouldn't be a terrible idea. I'd even say Dellacqua. I'd love them together. Husarova could be fun. But for some reason, I have a bad feeling she could team with Gajdosova...

Not Liezel though. Hell no. I like her, but Liezel just can't be an AD side player, her backhand return is god awful.

Old Feb 1st, 2013, 10:36 PM   #4632
country flag TennisFan75

wow, crazy developments! hopefully Lisa finds a good partner soon, thanks for the scoop
Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 05:58 PM   #4633
country flag Njay16
She's back. Why you mad?

Njay16 has a reputation beyond repute Njay16 has a reputation beyond repute Njay16 has a reputation beyond repute Njay16 has a reputation beyond repute Njay16 has a reputation beyond repute Njay16 has a reputation beyond repute Njay16 has a reputation beyond repute Njay16 has a reputation beyond repute Njay16 has a reputation beyond repute Njay16 has a reputation beyond repute Njay16 has a reputation beyond repute

I hope this doesn't turn into another 2009 season for Lisa.

I tweeted Rodionovoa, and she said that her and Cara plan to play together through 2013. Lisa and Cara are long overdue to give it a full time go though. Hopefully they can link up in 2014.

I wouldn't mind Liezel again. They had excellent results, but Liezel definitely tailed off (playing level wise) towards mid season. Dellacqua seems to be fishing around as well, so she would be a good option. I've always liked the idea of her playing with Hantuchova as well.
Njay16 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 06:27 PM   #4634
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

^I was thinking about Dani, for my above post, but she is in dreadful form...so no thanks.

Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 09:48 PM   #4635
country flag TennisFan75

since ALG is out for a bit, maybe she will team back up with Peskhe?