AO 2013: The Bridesmaid-Bride Double. The Sequel. - Page 163 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 27th, 2013, 12:57 AM   #2431
country flag Silas
Unattractive inside

Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute
Re: AO 2013: The Bridesmaid-Bride Double. The Sequel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fool View Post
just watched the final and lol @ Vika crying and her box having to console her.

and her boyfriend belongs to one of the worst musical groups of this century. fuck em.
Silas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 27th, 2013, 03:49 AM   #2432
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah even though she's not my favourite player, during USO Final I was actually feeling very happy for Vika when she went to serve for it, I normally always feel really happy for the winner of Slam Finals unless it's who just lost it obviously.

IDK it was just strange watching it yesterday, it honestly felt like watching a R2 match between two unknown ATP players. I've never been more indifferent or emotionally disengaged whilst watching a Slam final. I suppose it didn't help when Li injured herself in the third as well.

I agree, the whole thing just seemed like a blurry mess, have we even one great match to take away from this AO on the women's side? Just hoping we can see more of the positives Maria displayed throughout 2013. Oh and WHY did she wait until the SF to highlight the work she's done with her serve out wide on the ad court?
Old Jan 27th, 2013, 03:51 AM   #2433
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asherahpova View Post
and WHY did she wait until the SF to highlight the work she's done with her serve out wide on the ad court?
Probably the other opponents before Na weren't much of a threat to worry about and she could still use a "predictable" serve.
Trih is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27th, 2013, 03:59 AM   #2434
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSlam View Post
I was thinking about what I'd call her gamestyle earlier, and she almost is just a aggressive pusher. She has great defence and court speed, and she uses her awareness on the court to manoeuvre her opponents to be stretched out enough so the big hitters can't get big cuts on the ball. She's also aggressive enough to beat the lesser girls easily. In 2009 I saw her as a BBB, but she's changed herself to become essentially a powerful Wozniacki.
I'm just quoting this but it's essentially to reply to all posts about Vika's game.

Yeah, when you watch her, you aren't really WOWED even at her best. She has a great advantage in her consistent level though, lower ranked players are NOT going to beat her unless she has a horrible day and they play GOATly tennis. Her only competition is Maria and Serena really, Serena owns her yes, but still to beat Vika even they have to play pretty close to their best tennis. If they do that they will beat her pretty comfortably but they aren't going to beat Vika if she's playing well and they aren't.

So once Maria and Serena are out of a tournament you may as well hand her the trophy. It certainly does help her that the current 'elite' group of players has 3 members whereas in past year you had Henin, Maria, Venus, Serena, Kim, Davenport ALL to deal with and then you had players like Svetla and Dementieva behind them.
Old Jan 27th, 2013, 04:02 AM   #2435
country flag jameshazza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trih View Post
Probably the other opponents before Na weren't much of a threat to worry about and she could still use a "predictable" serve.
I know but I was kinda getting disappointed with it and then she pulls those aces out, trolling as usual. Watch her not hit another ace out wide until the clay season now, or maybe that it worked so well for her that time will make her use it more. That said, even though her T serve is predictable as hell, it only highlights how good it really is, I mean the opponents know it's going there 80% of the time yet they still aren't able to do anything with it more often than not.
Old Jan 27th, 2013, 09:25 AM   #2436
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

whats scary though is vika might catch up to mashas slam count in like one or two years
even though teenpova competed with the elite for her first three

it's all masha's fault for making petra, vika (aga miami final) when is she gonna get a break like this
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27th, 2013, 09:33 AM   #2437
country flag Lachy
ICE QUEENS.

Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Voices View Post
whats scary though is vika might catch up to mashas slam count in like one or two years
even though teenpova competed with the elite for her first three

it's all masha's fault for making petra, vika (aga miami final) when is she gonna get a break like this

sorry for stealing your gif...it just works well here LOL
Lachy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27th, 2013, 09:36 AM   #2438
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

and then we'll start getting those GM thread:

whose better Sharapova or Azarenka?
anyway i dont fucking care, masha just keep playing and winning she's won nearly everything bar Miami and a handful of premiers, where's Vika isn't close so w/e

plus vika turns 24 in july - so technically if she reaches 4 slams over 1-2 years then she'd be at masha's age by the time she won 4 regardless
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27th, 2013, 09:38 AM   #2439
country flag PimpMePova

PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future

I don't know about Vika's slams I just don't believe she'll get as lucky again soon I think if she's to get another one she'll have to work more for it next time This AO was just one of those times where the stars aligned for her
PimpMePova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27th, 2013, 09:47 AM   #2440
country flag Mr.Sharapova

Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute

It's not the fact that Vika won a slam that bothers me , Is the fact that she was able to defend a slam title , which is a pretty hard thing to do .
Mr.Sharapova is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27th, 2013, 10:45 AM   #2441
country flag Asanty

Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of

Such moments I think Masha' time is already gone, it is extremely painful
Asanty is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27th, 2013, 10:49 AM   #2442
country flag Monzanator
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute

Neah, Serena will slap Vika silly sooner rather than later so there's still hope
TT: Winner - (Singles) Tashkent 2012; (Doubles) - (w/Broseghini) Cuneo 100k '10; (w/Peek-A-Boo) Contrexeville 50k '10; (w/JustPetko) Bucharest 75k '10, Nantes 50k '10, Marbella '11, Washington '11, Linz '11, Istanbul YEC '11, Opole 25K '11, Pattaya City '12, Tashkent '12, Pune 125k '12, Memphis '13, Carlsbad '13, Marrakech '14, Washington '14
Monzanator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27th, 2013, 11:13 AM   #2443
country flag JoPova

JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future

The fact that Vika has more AOs than Maria bothers me I'm so pressed. I can't help it! I want Maria to win more slams and soon. Serena is the dominating force in women's tennis, so every time she loses, the other top players need to step it up and be ready to fight for every single point to win a slam. This was a golden opportunity for Maria. She only had to win two matches against players she's already beaten in their last enocounters. Sorry I can't stop thinking about this! I can't wait for Doha to erase every memory from this tournament!

Novak Djokovic Roger Federer Tomas Berdych Juan Martin Del Potro Richard Gasquet
JoPova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27th, 2013, 12:12 PM   #2444
country flag Sergius

Sergius has a reputation beyond repute Sergius has a reputation beyond repute Sergius has a reputation beyond repute Sergius has a reputation beyond repute Sergius has a reputation beyond repute Sergius has a reputation beyond repute Sergius has a reputation beyond repute Sergius has a reputation beyond repute Sergius has a reputation beyond repute Sergius has a reputation beyond repute Sergius has a reputation beyond repute

I'm going to just leave this video here

http://lenta.ru/video/2013/01/25/scream/
Sergius is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27th, 2013, 12:14 PM   #2445
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoPova View Post
The fact that Vika has more AOs than Maria bothers me I'm so pressed. I can't help it! I want Maria to win more slams and soon. Serena is the dominating force in women's tennis, so every time she loses, the other top players need to step it up and be ready to fight for every single point to win a slam. This was a golden opportunity for Maria. She only had to win two matches against players she's already beaten in their last enocounters. Sorry I can't stop thinking about this! I can't wait for Doha to erase every memory from this tournament!
Masha still has more RG,Wimb and USO titles And her glorious win at AO 2008 can't be compared with Azarenka's wins in terms of the field quality. It's really poor nowadays.

WTA Championships 2004
London Olympics silver medallist

32 WTA titles , including 12 Tier I titles
21 weeks #1 player

Last edited by NashaMasha : Jan 27th, 2013 at 12:20 PM.
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote