Calamity Kvitty heads to Paris for Mud Digging, Shopping and some Indoor Tennis!! - Page 6 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 26th, 2013, 09:43 PM   #76
country flag TennisAddict84

TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Calamity Kvitty heads to Paris for Mud Digging, Shopping and some Indoor Tennis!

yea, i guess you're right...i just can't believe how far she has fallen...of course she could surprise us all and rebound back at Paris Indoors...but who knows at this point what's gonna happen...
TennisAddict84 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 26th, 2013, 10:01 PM   #77
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Calamity Kvitty heads to Paris for Mud Digging, Shopping and some Indoor Tennis!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisAddict84 View Post
Nope...not at all...can't believe she even used that as an excuse!
I would respect Petra's team more, if they said things like "Petra's not working hard enough"...."Petra needs to practice more to get to where she was in 2011"...."We need to work on her ROS more, if Petra's to beat Serena or Sharapova", etc.

However, when you just get an assortment of excuses or incredulous explanations, it puts the focus squarely on her team. Cause like I said previously: Good coaches, if they don't call you out for poor work ethic, they eventually leave. And the fact the Petra's team (and Kotyza in particular) said 'It's too soon to be alarmed'... 'We deserve more time', is very concerning.

Well, at least they're saying 'her mind it not right, right now'. However, I think that's just a reflection of them not properly preparing Petra for the rigors of 2012 and 2013 season. And they know it! Nonetheless, no matter how poorly Petra plays, Mr. Cernosek is not going to give up his WTA meal ticket and Czech player to play in his various Czech/Ego events at home. Petra would have to fire or walk away from him to sever their relationship.

Unless Petra or team bring others into the fold, she will continue to have an up and down season, unless she rides a giant wave of confidence and excellent play into the Hard Court, Clay or Grass Season. However, at the moment, Petra, her game and team have no stability.
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 10:03 PM   #78
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftyFella View Post
She don't use it as excuse, it's just we made it sound as one, actually. She lost in a woods right now, sadly
It's not just us. Remember, the last Czech interview of Kotyza (I'm to lazy to copy/paste), the reporter stated in his/her question 'now that we know the new fitness is a failure'. That was a paraphrase, but you get the gist. Remember that? They said it/asked it.
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 10:23 PM   #79
country flag Excelscior

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisAddict84 View Post
yea, i guess you're right...i just can't believe how far she has fallen...of course she could surprise us all and rebound back at Paris Indoors...but who knows at this point what's gonna happen...
Yes, she's started, fallen very far off last seasons first 3/4's even.

And anyone that would even try to make excuses for her play, would just be highly delusional.

As you indicated: Even if she plays better, which she can. It wouldn't mean that Petra's team and attitude/desire weren't crap. Because if it/they were top flight, she'd be going deeper into these various tournaments, with better play, tactics and attitude, and she's not.

At this point, unless they're some major changes or shake up, we can only hope that Petra has a great run of good play and confidence, the next few months. As LupoJohn said earlier (I think): 'Petra's gotta be her own coach, physio, mentalist and fitness instructor', really.

So maybe it's not surprising, that so many of Petra's career titles are with out her coach.
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 10:26 PM   #80
country flag PetraReeMona

PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcticMoose View Post

I forgot Petra was playing there
PetraReeMona is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27th, 2013, 01:25 AM   #81
country flag Rex59

Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of

Paris maindraw is totally lopsided to Petra's half:

http://www.wtatennis.com/SEWTATour-A...13/604/MDS.pdf
Rex59 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27th, 2013, 04:11 AM   #82
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Petra's 1st round opponent sure is a quiet gal;she's probably intimidated at the prospect of facing such an elite player

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Fare thee well, Li
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27th, 2013, 04:47 AM   #83
country flag netphobia

netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold

Can't tell if I love this draw or hate it.
petra
•••••
maria
domi • sveta • sam • katia • lena • alla • petko
netphobia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27th, 2013, 06:36 AM   #84
country flag PetraReeMona

PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute

Hate the draw - she's got the hardest. Errani has a cakewalk
PetraReeMona is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27th, 2013, 08:48 AM   #85
country flag hypersonic

hypersonic is on a distinguished road hypersonic is on a distinguished road hypersonic is on a distinguished road hypersonic is on a distinguished road hypersonic is on a distinguished road hypersonic is on a distinguished road hypersonic is on a distinguished road hypersonic is on a distinguished road hypersonic is on a distinguished road hypersonic is on a distinguished road hypersonic is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by I.Luv.Kvitty View Post
I'd prefer her draw over Errani's because that's what she had in Paris two year ago and when she won them all, she played well against Clijsters in the final. So I would think that if she would be in the final, she would steamroll Errani.
hypersonic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27th, 2013, 08:56 AM   #86
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post
It's not just us. Remember, the last Czech interview of Kotyza (I'm to lazy to copy/paste), the reporter stated in his/her question 'now that we know the new fitness is a failure'. That was a paraphrase, but you get the gist. Remember that? They said it/asked it.
You should know better, journalist like to ask tricky questions and he didn't said it was a failure per say, just they don't know why nothing was working for her. Petra's interview about improved fitness was even more strange cause in a way sounded like she's lazy and can't fully adjust to new fitness regime but Petra sounded confused like she doesn't know what's going on and just said something to fend off reporters, that's why for me she lost in a woods right now. I'm not worried about slow start but more about the fact that they don't know what to do with it

Quote:
Originally Posted by I.Luv.Kvitty View Post
Don't be ridicilous, he path to SF is easy for Kvitty indoorGOAT at 50%, Gools plays great indoor but she's not match for Petra and i'm not sure Pavs can beat Gools to make it hard for Petra. Hardest quarter is where Sofia, all indoor GOATs packed together and only one of them will make it to final, so Petra has to worry only about Marion but Marion has to worry about Barthel. I want draw to be hard for Petra, so she would gain massive confidence in tough hard matches in this tournament, tho if she fails it will be even worse for her

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypersonic View Post
I'd prefer her draw over Errani's because that's what she had in Paris two year ago and when she won them all, she played well against Clijsters in the final. So I would think that if she would be in the final, she would steamroll Errani.
I will be surprised if Errani can make it to SF, her half of the draw packed with indoor HC goats
ShiftyFella is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27th, 2013, 10:45 AM   #87
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute

Doubles

(wc)Kvitova/Wickmayer v (2)Hlavackova/Huber

Meelis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27th, 2013, 11:06 AM   #88
country flag ArcticMoose

ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meelis View Post
Doubles

(wc)Kvitova/Wickmayer v (2)Hlavackova/Huber

Understand your disgust Meelis, but where Kvitty is at present - any kind of match play will be welcome because she is being shown the 'door' quite quickly in the singles draws I am hoping the doubles match play (a welcome surprise from Ms Kvitova) will hone her net skills even further & get that rusty 'anticipation' department of hers a bit more well 'oiled' as she heads to Doha & Dubai

Last edited by ArcticMoose : Jan 27th, 2013 at 12:59 PM.
ArcticMoose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27th, 2013, 02:34 PM   #89
country flag netphobia

netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold

WHAT????
petra
•••••
maria
domi • sveta • sam • katia • lena • alla • petko
netphobia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27th, 2013, 02:54 PM   #90
country flag ArcticMoose

ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold

^ I was kinda expecting this reaction when I wrote it - someone's gotta keep it lighthearted in here with no end it sight to this gloom from Ms Kvitova
ArcticMoose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote