WCC - West Coast Conference - Page 6 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 8th, 2012, 03:18 PM   #76
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute
Re: WCC - West Coast Conference

Colffer has not played at all in the Fall. Is she injured?

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 24th, 2013, 10:47 PM   #77
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

#48 San Diego 5, Cal St. Fullerton 2
Jan 19, 2013 at USD (Skip and Cindy Hogan Tennis Center)
Singles competition
1. Stephanie Hoffpauir (USD) def. Tiffany Mai (CSUF) 6-0, 6-0
2. Shany Blecher (USD) def. Monica Rodriguez (CSUF) 6-1, 6-1
3. Anna Depenau (USD) def. Morgan McIntosh (CSUF) 6-1, 6-4
4. Marta Stojanovic (USD) def. Malorie de la Cruz (CSUF) 6-1, 6-0
5. Kalika Slevcove (CSUF) def. Cara Brown (USD) 7-5, 0-1, 99-0
6. Emilia Borkowski (CSUF) def. Mikayla Morkel-Brink (USD) 6-4, 6-1

Doubles competition
1. Laura Claus/Shany Blecher (USD) def. Tiffany Mai/Monica Rodriguez (CSUF) 8-5
2. Anna Depenau/Marta Stojanovic (USD) def. Morgan McIntosh/Kalika Slevcove (CSUF) 8-3
3. Stephanie Hoffpauir/Cara Brown (USD) def. Megan Sandford/Emilia Borkowski (CSUF) 8-2

USD now has 4 freshmen on the team.

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 11:01 PM   #78
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

http://usdtoreros.cstv.com/sports/w-...012413aaa.html

"The Toreros, currently ranked No. 48, will be tested early. Eight of their remaining 12 out of conference matches feature opponents currently ranked in the ITA's top-30, including three of the top five.

"Some of the matches we have this year I feel like we are matched up with pretty evenly. We are ranked No. 48 preseason, and most of the teams we play are ranked in the 20's," Stephens said. "Those are the ones I feel we match up with really well, and I think we can pull off some wins over teams that are ranked 15-20, like Michigan, Texas, Texas Tech, and Nebraska. I think some of those schools will be really fun to play."

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Jan 25th, 2013, 04:00 PM   #79
country flag form

form has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
Colffer has not played at all in the Fall. Is she injured?
Heard she has contacted a dozen schools about transferring for next year. Odd as a senior with just one year of varsity play left is she redshirts this year. Something going on up in Malibu?

Interestingly I also heard USD's new # 2 (Israeli girl) was actually headed to Pepperdine until some last minute issue at Pepp where they would not admit her... so she U turned to USD during December. Nice/lucky pick up by USD... talk about catching a break. Adding a solid last second # 2 will really make your team better.

On an aside, is it odd that an Israeli girl is going to a catholic school; after first accepting a very religious Church of Christ offer. Not something you see every day. Just a random thought.
form is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2013, 05:12 PM   #80
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

thx for the info.

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 08:50 PM   #81
country flag gouci

gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all

No surprise that Form's word lack conviction.

Mr. I'm leaving this board is back once the tennis Spring season starts.
gouci is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 10:10 PM   #82
country flag tennisbuddy12
College Tennis/Team USA expert

tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by form View Post
Heard she has contacted a dozen schools about transferring for next year. Odd as a senior with just one year of varsity play left is she redshirts this year. Something going on up in Malibu?

Interestingly I also heard USD's new # 2 (Israeli girl) was actually headed to Pepperdine until some last minute issue at Pepp where they would not admit her... so she U turned to USD during December. Nice/lucky pick up by USD... talk about catching a break. Adding a solid last second # 2 will really make your team better.

On an aside, is it odd that an Israeli girl is going to a catholic school; after first accepting a very religious Church of Christ offer. Not something you see every day. Just a random thought.
Heard there was major drama the year before her junior season between her and the coach. There were talks of a lawsuit (I don't know the details. I heard the coach tried to kick her off, but her parents threatened action against the program). She injured her knee, I think, because I saw pics of her in a knee brace (looked like ACL).

Pepp has had some issues getting girls. My friend was headed towards there, but there was a chance she'd have to take one more homeschool class in the summer before she started school. Pepp had 2 girls kicked off the team for academic reasons, and they didn't want to chance anything so they voided her LOI.

tennisbuddy12 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 01:05 AM   #83
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisbuddy12 View Post
Heard there was major drama the year before her junior season between her and the coach. There were talks of a lawsuit (I don't know the details. I heard the coach tried to kick her off, but her parents threatened action against the program). She injured her knee, I think, because I saw pics of her in a knee brace (looked like ACL).

Pepp has had some issues getting girls. My friend was headed towards there, but there was a chance she'd have to take one more homeschool class in the summer before she started school. Pepp had 2 girls kicked off the team for academic reasons, and they didn't want to chance anything so they voided her LOI.
Kelsey Laurente? She verballed PEPP according to TRN earlier..

anyway, from PEPP website;

2013 WEST COAST CONFERENCE PRESEASON POLL
TEAM (First Place Votes) POINTS
1. Pepperdine (6) 61
2. Saint Mary's (3) 56
3. San Diego 54
4. Santa Clara 40
5. BYU 34
6. Loyola Marymount 28
7. San Francisco 26
8. Gonzaga 16
9. Portland 9

2013 PRESEASON ALL-CONFERENCE TEAM
PLAYER SCHOOL YEAR
Anna Depenau San Diego Junior
Ale Granillo Pepperdine Junior
Lorraine Guillermo Pepperdine Sophomore
Khunpak Issara Pepperdine Senior
Jenny Jullien Saint Mary's Junior
Katie Le Santa Clara Junior

Tennis Match Results
USC vs Pepperdine
Jan 28, 2013 at Malibu, Calif.
(Ralphs-Straus Tennis Center)

#4 USC 7, #33 Pepperdine 0
Singles
1. #17 Sabrina Santamaria (USC) def. #104 Lorraine Guillermo (PEP) 6-0, 6-2
2. #19 Zoe Scandalis (USC) def. #92 Khunpak Issara (PEP) 6-4, 4-6, 1-0 (10-5)
3. #14 Danielle Lao (USC) def. Ale Granillo (PEP) 6-4, 6-0
4. Giuliana Olmos (USC) def. Michaela Capannolo (PEP) 6-2, 6-1
5. Kaitlyn Christian (USC) def. Megan Moore (PEP) 6-0, 6-2
6. Valeria Pulido (USC) def. Danielle Feneridis (PEP) 6-0, 6-1

Doubles
1. #4 Lorraine Guillermo/Khunpak Issara (PEP) vs. #1 Kaitlyn Christian/Sabrina Santamaria (USC) 5-4, unfinished

not surprising imo, PEPP duo IS good.

2. Giuliana Olmos/Danielle Lao (USC) def. Michaela Capannolo/Megan Moore (PEP) 8-3
3. Zoe Scandalis/Ellie Yates (USC) def. Danielle Feneridis/Ale Granillo (PEP) 8-1

Match Notes:
USC 4-0; National ranking #4
Pepperdine 0-1; National ranking #33
Order of finish: Doubles (3,2,1); Singles (6,5,4,1,3,2)

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 11:55 PM   #84
country flag gouci

gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all
Re: Updates

LMU upsets #39 Long Beach St. 4-3

1. Malenovska/Cantlay def. Jin/Razzeto (LMU) 8-4
2. Bisharat/Parravi (LMU) def. Unden/Rozenberg 8-6
3.Rohonyi/Kouyoumjian (LMU) def. Jeczmionka/Willems 8-6

1. April Bisharat (LMU) def. Malenovska 6-3,6-2
2. Parravi (LMU) def. Unden 6-1,7-5
3. Cantlay def. Razzeto (LMU) 6-4,6-1
4. Rodriguez def. Rohonyi (LMU) 6-3,6-1
5. Jin (LMU) def. Jeczmionka 6-2,6-1
6. Rozenberg def. Kristine Kouyoumjian (LMU) 6-3,6-4

Long Beach St. just embarrassed the Big West.
Old Feb 17th, 2013, 12:37 AM   #85
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Is this a milestone year for WCC? All top 3 teams doing well Nice booster for their recruiting efforts as well.

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Feb 17th, 2013, 02:55 AM   #86
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Jenny triumphant (from their team fb page)

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Feb 17th, 2013, 03:59 AM   #87
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

the 'bad' girl, who broke STAN fan's heart, Flores

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Feb 17th, 2013, 04:37 AM   #88
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

http://www.smcgaels.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=101598&SPID=12531&DB_LANG=C &ATCLID=206448063&DB_OEM_ID=21400

STANFORD, Calif. -- The Saint Mary's women's tennis team has racked up its share of impressive accomplishments over the last few years.

Saturday's win at Stanford might just stand at the head of the class.

Ranked No. 47 in the country, the Gaels banded together to watch Catherine Leduc's three-set thriller clinch a historic 4-3 victory over the No. 7-ranked Cardinal at Taube Family Tennis Center.

It is the first ever victory over a top-10 team for Saint Mary's, which improved to 5-3 on the season. It is just the third home loss for Stanford (3-1) since 1999. The Cardinal owned a NCAA record 184-match home winning streak from 1999-2011.

"It is obviously a huge win for us after a slow start to the year," Saint Mary's coach Lisa Alipaz said. "I have enormous respect for (Stanford head coach) Lele Forood, Frankie (Brennan) and their whole team. She is a legend and they have a talented, classy team."

The Gaels got started with doubles. Elizabeth Searl and Catherine Isip got the party started with a 8-6 win over Kristie Ahn and Amelia Herring at No. 2. Shortly thereafter, SMC earned the point when No. 1 team Jenny Jullien and Danielle Flores beat Stacey Tan and Ellen Tsay 8-5.

That advantage proved huge once singles began. Wins at No. 4 and 2 singles gave the advantage back to Stanford, with the Cardinal leading 2-1.

Jullien was there to even the score, and in the process, she continued the massive roll she has been on this spring. Ranked No. 24 in the country, Jullien earned a 7-5, 6-1 win over No. 10 Krista Hardebeck at No. 1 to square the match at 2.

The win is Jullien's fifth over a ranked opponent this spring, and fourth over a top-30 competitor.

Stanford pulled back in front with a win at No. 6 singles, but that lead didn't last long.

The Gaels earned their third point of the day courtesy of sophomore Danielle Flores. Picking up perhaps her biggest victory of the season to date, Flores battled for a 6-4, 0-6, 6-2 win over No. 33-ranked Ellen Tsay.

"We got great performances from Jenny and Dani in both singles and doubles," Alipaz said. "Their win at No. 1 doubles really set the tone for the day and gave us belief."
That left just No. 5 singles to decide the match, and pitted SMC's Leduc against Stanford's Natalie Dillon.

Dillon took the first set 6-4, but Leduc fought back to win the second set 7-6 in a tiebreaker. That fight carried over into the third, and with the support of her Gaels teammates, Leduc won the set 6-3 to finish off a tremendous day for the Gaels.

"Catherine's come from behind victory was so fun to watch," Alipaz said. "After a slow start, she clawed her way back into it and really executed her game plan superbly in the final set."

The win was Saint Mary's fourth in a row, and should provide huge momentum as the Gaels prepare to host No. 3 UCLA on Feb. 23. That match is set to begin at noon.

UCLA, beware?

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Feb 17th, 2013, 08:12 AM   #89
country flag gouci

Fantic all you and others were talking about the past year was how dominant Stanford was going to be under Hardebeck.

Well Hardebeck losing led to Stanford's worst loss in probably the last 25 years.
Old Feb 17th, 2013, 02:10 PM   #90
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Quote:
Originally Posted by gouci View Post
Fantic all you and others were talking about the past year was how dominant Stanford was going to be under Hardebeck.

Well Hardebeck losing led to Stanford's worst loss in probably the last 25 years.
Dominant with Mal and Gibbsy

So I stand by my prediction

- Woodrow Wilson