Womens Tennis in General - Page 337 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 26th, 2013, 06:54 PM   #5041
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Womens Tennis in General

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
After Na defeated Maria I was hoping she would win the final but after the ridiculous outrage about Victoria's "cheating" I am glad that she won.
Yeah, some of the tennis pundits went completely over board there. I didn't see anyone outraged with Kuznetsova and her 10 min toilet break and long MTO ... but Vika have back spasms and a MTO was the 'death to tennis' and other hyperbolic comments.

I guess the outraged were primarily Americans, upset their young hope didn't win and vented their disappointment towards Vika. Psychology 1-0-1.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 26th, 2013, 07:25 PM   #5042
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
Well well well...look who decided to drop in...Vika's #1 fan.
yeah, I would rather not see him here! So fuck off jimmie, go stan Vika!

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 07:49 PM   #5043
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWTennis View Post
Yikes! I would like to see Jimmie48 posting here regularly again but with a reception like that I can understand why he probably will not.

We all got along with each other so much better when Caroline was winning.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 08:17 PM   #5044
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Ehm wow. I've certainly not always been in agreement with Jimmie, but isn't that a tad on the harsh side?

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 08:27 PM   #5045
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
Yikes! I would like to see Jimmie48 posting here regularly again but with a reception like that I can understand why he probably will not.

We all got along with each other so much better when Caroline was winning.
Why does it not surprise me that you would like to have that troll back...?
marineblue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 08:32 PM   #5046
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
Yeah, some of the tennis pundits went completely over board there. I didn't see anyone outraged with Kuznetsova and her 10 min toilet break and long MTO ... but Vika have back spasms and a MTO was the 'death to tennis' and other hyperbolic comments.

I guess the outraged were primarily Americans, upset their young hope didn't win and vented their disappointment towards Vika. Psychology 1-0-1.
Kuznetsova is not a no.1 so she got away with her gamesmanship more lightly. But Azarenka is so the scrutiny and criticism comes with the territory. I think she has only herself to blame,it's not the first time she did raise suspicions of faking injuries to win a match. Besides, her relationship with the media is not great. So, she did not prepare a nice bed to lay in.
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 08:36 PM   #5047
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

I thought Jimmie48 was a very good fan of Caroline's. We were in a lot of GM threads together, arguing with haters that because Caro had not won a major, nothing she did was worthy of praise.
He enjoys that more than I do. Vika has her haters too.
I dont want to do GM again, except for obvious stuff, until I see Caroline playing smart and using her skillset. That was what I was arguing about.
When she started playing wildly on her forehand side, I didnt understand it, and I still dont.
She didnt realize she won because she played great defense & had a great backhand?
I thought Caroline should have been working on improving her defense to offense game. That includes short lobs by her opponents, and short balls and net play.
I dont see any improvement there, but I saw a lot of forehand errors early in points.
I think its a shame, because these soft draws were going to happen for Caroline if she stayed the course, and kept her steady foundation, while improving the things she still needs to improve. It could have happened, because Caroline was only losing to older players at the hardcourt majors. Kim, Li, Serena were most of the losses.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 08:38 PM   #5048
country flag Jimmie48
In The Lap Of The Gods

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Good day to you sir too, nice to get a reminder on why I only pop in here very rarely and usually just to read

Quote:
I love you dude, you have my upmost respect for sticking it out in here and take all this crap

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 08:53 PM   #5049
marineblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
Good day to you sir too, nice to get a reminder on why I only pop in here very rarely and usually just to read

I love you dude, you have my upmost respect for sticking it out in here and take all this crap
Nice to know. You can now return back to Vikafoo land.
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 08:54 PM   #5050
country flag Jimmie48
In The Lap Of The Gods

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by marineblue View Post
Nice to know. You can now return back to Vikafoo land.
Thanks for the bad reps, so classy

And since you happen to mention Redfoo. I actually like him but some Vika fans really don't...and guess what, that is an accepted opinion and they don't even get bullied by fellow fans. I know that is a concept you probably don't understand though

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 09:02 PM   #5051
marineblue

Quote:
Thanks for the bad reps, so classy

And since you happen to mention Redfoo. I actually like him but some Vika fans really don't...and guess what, that is an accepted opinion and they don't even get bullied by fellow fans. I know that is a concept you probably don't understand though
You're welcome, your 'good' reputation from GM is now following you everywhere. I'm so glad you're now embarrassing a different fanbase. Bye now Jimmie and I hope not to see you here again when Caro's results get better.
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 09:04 PM   #5052
country flag Jimmie48
In The Lap Of The Gods

Don't you worry, her results had nothing to do with why I left in the first place

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 09:25 PM   #5053
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 09:27 PM   #5054
country flag Jimmie48
In The Lap Of The Gods

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 09:54 PM   #5055
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
I wouldn't normally describe her game as being steady.

Is it really good for the Wta someone who's so widely disliked at or near the top of the tour?
Well nearly everyone was rooting for Li and I certainly didn't want Vika to win. But at the end of the day - it's not about how popular you are but who played the best tennis and won and that is all there is to it. So no complaints from me.

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters
terjw is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote