Womens Tennis in General - Page 336 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 26th, 2013, 11:05 AM   #5026
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Womens Tennis in General

Evil prevailed!

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 26th, 2013, 11:41 AM   #5027
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWTennis View Post
Evil prevailed!
Yeah it did . Crowd wanted Li to win but we didn't get the ending we wanted.

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters
terjw is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 11:54 AM   #5028
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

A steady young player who doesnt choke prevailed. That was a big win for Vika. Takes a lot of pressure off, if she doesnt hold #1. Now she's clearly a young star with a big future.
And she's been doing things very smart. Took Zvonareva's old coach and kept working on her game.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 12:40 PM   #5029
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't normally describe her game as being steady.

Is it really good for the Wta to have someone who's so widely disliked at or near the top of the tour?
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)

Last edited by Protoss : Jan 27th, 2013 at 12:44 AM. Reason: left out words "to have"
Protoss is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 01:15 PM   #5030
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Players like Connors & McEnroe werent liked by a lot of people in their day. I've read Navratilova wasnt a crowd favorite, and she was an alltime great
Vika is a great role model for young players. You dont need huge weapons, or some freakish game. Dont make a lot of unforced errors, get good coaching as soon as you can afford it.

I dont know if Vika is the next 10 slam winner, but she's already HoF and important historically in this era

Old Jan 26th, 2013, 01:49 PM   #5031
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

After Na defeated Maria I was hoping she would win the final but after the ridiculous outrage about Victoria's "cheating" I am glad that she won.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 01:50 PM   #5032
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
After Na defeated Maria I was hoping she would win the final but after the ridiculous outrage about Victoria's "cheating" I am glad that she won.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 02:07 PM   #5033
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
Well well well...look who decided to drop in...Vika's #1 fan.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)

Last edited by Protoss : Jan 26th, 2013 at 02:24 PM.
Protoss is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 02:30 PM   #5034
country flag Blu€

Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
Well well well...look who decided to drop in...Vika's #1 fan.

Sad for Na, it would have been a great run, beating Aga, Maria and Vika to take the title!

···♥♥Wozniacki♥♥···

♪♫♪♫In a sky full of stars I think I saw you ♪♫♪♫
Blu€ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 04:05 PM   #5035
frp

frp is a name known to all frp is a name known to all frp is a name known to all frp is a name known to all frp is a name known to all frp is a name known to all frp is a name known to all frp is a name known to all frp is a name known to all frp is a name known to all frp is a name known to all

Congratulations Vika!
frp is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 04:49 PM   #5036
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
I wouldn't normally describe her game as being steady.

Is it really good for the Wta someone who's so widely disliked at or near the top of the tour?
It isn't,I think her antics and general behaviour are putting people off watching womens tennis. Media is not interested in her much neither.As for the quality of play she's shown today not a great stuff by no.1 who already has a slam to her name. Was it not for Li Na's injury Azarenka would have been a runner up today.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 04:53 PM   #5037
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
Players like Connors & McEnroe werent liked by a lot of people in their day.
That was different though. People hated them (or a lot of them did), but at the same time they were also attrackted to them. Kinda like with Mike Tyson in a way. All these people had evil or 'mean charisma' so to speak. I don't think that's necessarily the case with Azarenka. I don't think she qualifies as evil or even just bad anyway though. Unlikable? Perhaps. But that has just as much to do with perception from our end than with whatever the truth may be about her personality. But good or bad for tennis? I don't look at it that way. She won it and I always accept whatever a result may be. So, congrats to Vika. And if people don't end up loving her personality they will at least learn to respect her accomplishments.

Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 05:05 PM   #5038
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
Well, I'm a Li fan anyway, but I really wanted her to win this one because it may be her last slam final. For her to have won two slam titles would have been quite something. Vika, well, I'm not a fan (don't hate her though) and what's more she's got another eight to ten years to try and win more. With Li it's more a case of 'it's now (or very soon) or never.'

But to Na. She did her fans proud, and without twisting her ankle twice and bouncing her head against the ground....who knows? She came close as it is, which makes it in a way even more disappointing that she didn't win a couple more key points here and there. But as (for whatever reason) Frank Bruno would say, "That's cricket. Know what I mean, Harry?"

Old Jan 26th, 2013, 05:19 PM   #5039
country flag goldenlox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
That was different though. People hated them (or a lot of them did), but at the same time they were also attrackted to them. Kinda like with Mike Tyson in a way. All these people had evil or 'mean charisma' so to speak. I don't think that's necessarily the case with Azarenka. I don't think she qualifies as evil or even just bad anyway though. Unlikable? Perhaps. But that has just as much to do with perception from our end than with whatever the truth may be about her personality. But good or bad for tennis? I don't look at it that way. She won it and I always accept whatever a result may be. So, congrats to Vika. And if people don't end up loving her personality they will at least learn to respect her accomplishments.
I dont think casual sports fans know much about Vika. I'm not concerned with haters in GM. Jimmie48 will have a lot of fun arguing with them. Winning a 2nd hardcourt major in 12 months, also serving for the USO vs Serena, makes Vika a very big deal now. She has a chance to be one of the greats. At least a Davenport career. She's only 1 major away. If she wins a 3rd major by AO 2015, she's still only 25 then. Serena is in her 30's, there could be a wide open run to several hardcourt majors.
I was thinking about that with Caroline before she started being inconsistent, it could be Vika's time from about 2015-2020

Old Jan 26th, 2013, 05:37 PM   #5040
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
I dont think casual sports fans know much about Vika. I'm not concerned with haters in GM. Jimmie48 will have a lot of fun arguing with them. Winning a 2nd hardcourt major in 12 months, also serving for the USO vs Serena, makes Vika a very big deal now. She has a chance to be one of the greats. At least a Davenport career. She's only 1 major away. If she wins a 3rd major by AO 2015, she's still only 25 then. Serena is in her 30's, there could be a wide open run to several hardcourt majors.
I was thinking about that with Caroline before she started being inconsistent, it could be Vika's time from about 2015-2020
I agree. There are no two ways about it - Vika is now the most accomplished player of her age group.