Victoria Azarenka is good for the WTA - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 26th, 2013, 03:07 PM   #31
country flag Belmont Lad

Belmont Lad has a reputation beyond repute Belmont Lad has a reputation beyond repute Belmont Lad has a reputation beyond repute Belmont Lad has a reputation beyond repute Belmont Lad has a reputation beyond repute Belmont Lad has a reputation beyond repute Belmont Lad has a reputation beyond repute Belmont Lad has a reputation beyond repute Belmont Lad has a reputation beyond repute Belmont Lad has a reputation beyond repute Belmont Lad has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Victoria Azarenka is good for the WTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneRose View Post
No, she's fine as she is. PR is for politicians and we all know how boring they can be. No need for robots on the tour.
I'm sorry, how is being a rude and arrogant churl in any shape or form good for the tour? Media barely even want to ask her questions at most tournaments, they are so fed up with her. That is poison if she is your #1 player on tour.
Belmont Lad is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 26th, 2013, 03:09 PM   #32
country flag Jimmie48
Killer Queen

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belmont Lad View Post
I'm sorry, how is being a rude and arrogant churl in any shape or form good for the tour? Media barely even want to ask her questions at most tournaments, they are so fed up with her. That is poison if she is your #1 player on tour.
She is neither rude nor arrogant, if you don't even bother to understand her personality you should refrain from commenting on her.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 03:09 PM   #33
country flag wayitis

wayitis has a reputation beyond repute wayitis has a reputation beyond repute wayitis has a reputation beyond repute wayitis has a reputation beyond repute wayitis has a reputation beyond repute wayitis has a reputation beyond repute wayitis has a reputation beyond repute wayitis has a reputation beyond repute wayitis has a reputation beyond repute wayitis has a reputation beyond repute wayitis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TZVETI83 View Post
I personally like Maria Sharapova, I am a fan but I find it hypocritical that a lot of Maria's fans do not like Azarenka and criticize her for the same thing that Sharapova displays, Sharapova has had her fair share of scandals, antics and unsportsmanlike behavior and if I remember correctly she used to be hated by the tennis media as much as Azarenka if not more.
Sharapova was never hated by the tennis Media, she is and has always been the WTA's golden girl, do not confuse negativity printed in online tennis boards by regular fans with official Media disapproval...

Azarenka is going now through a negative and subtle shading and/or little recognition by the English-speaking Media, something that also affected Dinara, Justine, Hingis, Graf and Navratilova (and also Lendl, Muster, and male Latin "claycourters") among others, during their time at the top... do you see a common pattern there?
wayitis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 03:11 PM   #34
country flag Belmont Lad

Belmont Lad has a reputation beyond repute Belmont Lad has a reputation beyond repute Belmont Lad has a reputation beyond repute Belmont Lad has a reputation beyond repute Belmont Lad has a reputation beyond repute Belmont Lad has a reputation beyond repute Belmont Lad has a reputation beyond repute Belmont Lad has a reputation beyond repute Belmont Lad has a reputation beyond repute Belmont Lad has a reputation beyond repute Belmont Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
She is neither rude nor arrogant, if you don't even bother to understand her personality you should refrain from commenting on her.
I have watched many of her press conferences and interactions with media thank you. Over the years she has treated most people who dare to ask her a question like dirt. I know of what I speak. And read many, many columns of reporters who echo the same comments.

You can sit down now.
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 03:13 PM   #35
country flag Jimmie48
Killer Queen

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I have watched many of her press conferences and interactions with media thank you. She treats most people who dare to ask her a question like dirt. I know of what I speak. And read columns of reporters who echo the same comments.

You can sit down now.
Why do you need reporters to decide on if somebody's rude or arrogant? There's plenty of material out there to judge on your own. Don't you feel stupid falling for the media campaign against her?

But I guess you always see what you want to see.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 03:14 PM   #36
country flag TZVETI83

TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future

Quote:

Umgh aren't you being a bit hypocritical, its not exactly like Maria Sharapova was the most humble, sweet fan favorite when she first came to the top.

If I recall people criticized her shrieking, called her a cold machine, a diva and spoke about how everyone on the tour disliked her.

Like Maria, Victoria will learn, get a bit better at handling the media and eventually gain their support.
TZVETI83 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 03:14 PM   #37
country flag Belmont Lad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
Why do you need reporters to decide on if somebody's rude or arrogant? There's plenty of material out there to judge on your own. Don't you feel stupid falling for the media campaign against her?

But I guess you always see what you want to see.
I said I have watched many interviews and media sessions with her. It is my opinion. Why would I feel silly for forming my own opinion. God you are thick aren't you?
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 03:14 PM   #38
country flag StoneRose

StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I don't think Vika's rude and arrogant. There are lots of video's on youtube where she seems nice and relaxed. Look at the media themselves with their often stupid insinuating questions. From what i see there's no decline in popularity in WTA so i'm not worried.
StoneRose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 03:16 PM   #39
country flag MLF

MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute

Casual fans don't like her for her attitude and grunting. That is not good for the WTA.

What is good is that after so many flaky players on the tour over the past few years, she is at least a younger player who plays consistently good big time tennis and is capable of stepping up and winning big matches when the opportunity arises.
MLF is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 03:18 PM   #40
country flag TZVETI83

TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future

Sharapova was never the golden girl, tennis fans did not warm up to her at first, most did not like her, it was the media outside of tennis that loved her and it was because of her looks just like with Kournikova.

Now years later most tennis fans respect Sharapova. Its what happens with all top players, happened with Venus and Serena, with Martina Hingis, Navratilova, Seles, Henin among many others.
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 03:21 PM   #41
country flag friendsita

friendsita has a brilliant future friendsita has a brilliant future friendsita has a brilliant future friendsita has a brilliant future friendsita has a brilliant future friendsita has a brilliant future friendsita has a brilliant future friendsita has a brilliant future friendsita has a brilliant future friendsita has a brilliant future friendsita has a brilliant future

Of course she's good for the WTA. Vika has given stability to the tour. She's the best #1 since Serena.
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 03:22 PM   #42
country flag mapaliey

mapaliey has a reputation beyond repute mapaliey has a reputation beyond repute mapaliey has a reputation beyond repute mapaliey has a reputation beyond repute mapaliey has a reputation beyond repute mapaliey has a reputation beyond repute mapaliey has a reputation beyond repute mapaliey has a reputation beyond repute mapaliey has a reputation beyond repute mapaliey has a reputation beyond repute mapaliey has a reputation beyond repute

she play clean today her shot is deep and hard,i doubt wozniacki can push that way...congrats to vika.....

DANIELA HANTUCHOVA...MARIA SHARAPOVA...AMELIE MAURESMO
SERENA WILLIAMS...FLAVIA PENNETTA...DINARA SAFINA...STEFFI GRAF
MARION BARTOLI...SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA
mapaliey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 03:23 PM   #43
country flag StoneRose

StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TZVETI83 View Post
Sharapova was never the golden girl, tennis fans did not warm up to her at first, most did not like her, it was the media outside of tennis that loved her and it was because of her looks just like with Kournikova.

Now years later most tennis fans respect Sharapova. Its what happens with all top players, happened with Venus and Serena, with Martina Hingis, Navratilova, Seles, Henin among many others.
True. Steffi Graf wasn't so very well liked when she just got on the scene. And i remember all the Henin bashing here vividly.
StoneRose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 03:25 PM   #44
country flag MG1

MG1 is a name known to all MG1 is a name known to all MG1 is a name known to all MG1 is a name known to all MG1 is a name known to all MG1 is a name known to all MG1 is a name known to all MG1 is a name known to all MG1 is a name known to all MG1 is a name known to all MG1 is a name known to all

She's good for the WTA in that she is a consistent, young name at the top with some trophies to back up her ranking.
MG1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 03:26 PM   #45
country flag TZVETI83

People should be happy, the WTA was a laughing stock of the tennis world for years with Safina, Wozniacki, among others being number one. Finally there is new a number one who can win slams and be competitive with the best.

Top three are Serena, Vika and Maria, all multiple grand slam winners, all fighting for the number 1. It makes the WTA exciting.