Victoria Azarenka is good for the WTA - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 26th, 2013, 11:14 AM   #1
country flag TZVETI83

TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future
Victoria Azarenka is good for the WTA

You might not like some of the things she does on the court, some of her antics might annoy you and obviously she is a player that polarizes many but ultimately Vika Azarenka is good for the WTA. Its taken a long time for someone from the younger generation to step up and repeatedly be a threat at the slams, show some character. The girl had everyone personally attacking her and booing her yet she did not cave, she was not playing her best but she did what all the former great players have done in the past which is win trough heart and determination when their game fails them. That is a sign of a champion and sign that this girl is here to stay, like her or not the WTA finally has someone from the newer generation that is consistently good enough to pose a challenge. She is not a Wozniacki or a Ivanovic(nothing against them as I personally support Ivanovic), she will not let the pressure get to her. Finally someone who is not Serena, Justine, Venus, Kim, Maria showing some of that champion mentality that most of the younger generation lack. What worried me is that after those great players retire there will be nobody to carry the torch and its good to see someone like Azarenka, good for the sport, even if she is hated, most number ones are hated, Serena was hated, that is not a bad thing, it means most people see the champion in her, they see her as a threat. Like all great champions in the past, she plays every point like it was crucial for her to get the win and sometimes her attitude comes of as cocky and her antics rub people the wrong way but as Martina Navratilova, Hingis, Serena, Venus, Seles, and Maria will tell you, not being the crowd favorite or the most popular is not always a bad thing.

Last edited by TZVETI83 : Jan 28th, 2013 at 10:35 AM.
TZVETI83 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 26th, 2013, 11:15 AM   #2
country flag M.P

M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Victoria Azarenka is good for the WTA

N to the O to the P to the E

Muguruza Tsonga Berdych Gulbis Dimitrov Thiem Krajinovic Rosol
Han Zhangs Zhou Wangs ZhengSS Tang Yangs Zhu Tian XuSL

Giorgi Jovanovski Bencic Konjuh Petkovic Bouchard Wawrinka Pospisil
Zvonareva Peng Mladenovic Larcher-de-Brito Babos Vekic Kulichikova
M.P is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 11:17 AM   #3
country flag Carlsbadwanska

Carlsbadwanska has a brilliant future Carlsbadwanska has a brilliant future Carlsbadwanska has a brilliant future Carlsbadwanska has a brilliant future Carlsbadwanska has a brilliant future Carlsbadwanska has a brilliant future Carlsbadwanska has a brilliant future Carlsbadwanska has a brilliant future Carlsbadwanska has a brilliant future Carlsbadwanska has a brilliant future Carlsbadwanska has a brilliant future

I don`t think so but she`s real no.1
Carlsbadwanska is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 11:18 AM   #4
country flag Angelpova
Naoned e Breizh

Angelpova has much to be proud of Angelpova has much to be proud of Angelpova has much to be proud of Angelpova has much to be proud of Angelpova has much to be proud of Angelpova has much to be proud of Angelpova has much to be proud of Angelpova has much to be proud of Angelpova has much to be proud of Angelpova has much to be proud of Angelpova has much to be proud of

Angelpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 11:18 AM   #5
country flag TZVETI83

TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.P View Post
Hey you do not have to agree with me, its not like I am a Azarenka fan, its just my opinion.
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 11:22 AM   #6
country flag TZVETI83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelpova View Post
I personally like Maria Sharapova, I am a fan but I find it hypocritical that a lot of Maria's fans do not like Azarenka and criticize her for the same thing that Sharapova displays, Sharapova has had her fair share of scandals, antics and unsportsmanlike behavior and if I remember correctly she used to be hated by the tennis media as much as Azarenka if not more.
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 11:23 AM   #7
country flag Jorn
Good Luck Caro in 2014!

Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute

Vika saved WTA!

Caroline Wozniacki Result page
Caroline Wozniacki tennis Forums
Jorn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 11:30 AM   #8
country flag Boxuan

Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of

Yes she is a badass, but badass wins a lot in the real world, so like it or not, we'll have to deal with it.

·┏┻━┓┏━━━┓┏━━━┓┏━━━┓┏━━━┓┏━━━┓
┏┛李娜┣┫·科娃┣┫·郑洁┣┫·莫娜┣┫·彭帅┣┫·斯隆┃
┗◎━◎┛┗◎━◎┛┗◎━◎┛┗◎━◎┛┗◎━◎┛┗◎━◎┛
Boxuan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 11:32 AM   #9
country flag Tennisation

Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
someone just started learning how to spell should not be allowed to post on this forum.
Tennisation is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 11:36 AM   #10
country flag TZVETI83

I rather have a number one who is disliked for her antics and tough personality on the court but delivers and wins slams than a slam less number one who crashes under the pressure. For years now we have had Dinara, Jelena, Caro, Ana at number one, some of them I even support but its much better representation for the WTA to have someone like Azarenka. 2 Slams in 12 months, that is a good thing. Cannot remember the last time we had a number one with two back to back slams from the younger generation of players.
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 11:38 AM   #11
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

Its strange

Vika wins the titles
Caro won the fans

which is better in the long run for the WTA? I'd say going by history a player winning slams is more useful for the tour IMO (and I'm not even a Vika fan)
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 11:38 AM   #12
country flag GoofyDuck

GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

thank god she has 20 fans that love her

Jelena Jankovic - Vera Zvonareva - Zhang Shuai - Venus Williams - Petra Kvitova - Zheng Jie - Li Na - Serena Williams - Peng Shuai - Hsieh Su-Wei
GoofyDuck is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 11:39 AM   #13
country flag JarkaFish
Multiform

JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future

I have to agree, her playing style isn't my favorite and she may not be very liked but ultimately it's good to have a young player consistently dominating at the top to stop the tour from spiraling into complete madness.

JarkaFish is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 11:44 AM   #14
country flag TZVETI83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Voices View Post
Its strange

Vika wins the titles
Caro won the fans

which is better in the long run for the WTA? I'd say going by history a player winning slams is more useful for the tour IMO (and I'm not even a Vika fan)
Exactly Eventually people will warm up to her but its good to have someone younger deserve it and back up that number one with some slams, when was the last time this happened, probably Sharapova six or seven years ago.
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 11:46 AM   #15
country flag Raiden

Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute

Agreed.

I don't buy this TF theory that a so called "villain" character is bad for WTA.

Not all of the players have to be equally loved and adored.

The ATP is still doing very fine with Roger being far more popular than Djoker and others

Last edited by Raiden : Jan 26th, 2013 at 07:14 PM.
Raiden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote