AO F: Princess Vika def. Li Na 4-6 6-4 6-3 DEFENDS TITLE! - Page 14 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 26th, 2013, 11:43 AM   #196
country flag homogenius

homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute
Re: AO F: Princess Vika def. Li Na 4-6 6-4 6-3 DEFENDS TITLE!

Impressive win for Vika.Coming into this slam she had all the presssure of defending her title and #1 spot + what happened during the event.You have to be f*cking strong mentally to deal with all that and still be the winner at the end.

Unfortunate ending for Na.She had a great run and deserves huge credit cause she kept fighting even hampered.If she stays healthy she'll have another shot(s) at a slam title this year though.
homogenius is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 26th, 2013, 11:43 AM   #197
Royals.

Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbenga View Post
Doubt it she will be this lucky next time.
Why the hate?
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 11:43 AM   #198
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Enfant Sauvage View Post
Congrats Princess! Effortlessly defends her slam on the first attempt while other players are out here struggling and failing for 8+ years.
Miffedmax!! Bring out the Ban Hammer!
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 11:44 AM   #199
Royals.

Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Enfant Sauvage View Post
Congrats Princess! Effortlessly defends her slam on the first attempt while other players are out here struggling and failing for 8+ years.

Old Jan 26th, 2013, 11:44 AM   #200
country flag wtftennis

wtftennis is a glorious beacon of light wtftennis is a glorious beacon of light wtftennis is a glorious beacon of light wtftennis is a glorious beacon of light wtftennis is a glorious beacon of light wtftennis is a glorious beacon of light wtftennis is a glorious beacon of light wtftennis is a glorious beacon of light wtftennis is a glorious beacon of light wtftennis is a glorious beacon of light wtftennis is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by doujyr View Post
in a way i'm somewhat pleased Azarenka won. the way the US journo mafia piled into her for doing what has been going on in WTA for years simply because it happened to be a USA player on the receiving end was opportunistic jingoism. did the USA journos care if it happened in a 2r international tournament and messed up some non-USA lesser player? no. but it is just as wrong when it does.

Well said! They are bullies, its their playbook, almost worked, watch the first set. Crowd even bood on her when she walked in she ignored it with Ipad listening, she was bullied on all fronts and overcame at the end and won, so nice to see.
wtftennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 11:44 AM   #201
country flag Solitaire

Solitaire has a reputation beyond repute Solitaire has a reputation beyond repute Solitaire has a reputation beyond repute Solitaire has a reputation beyond repute Solitaire has a reputation beyond repute Solitaire has a reputation beyond repute Solitaire has a reputation beyond repute Solitaire has a reputation beyond repute Solitaire has a reputation beyond repute Solitaire has a reputation beyond repute Solitaire has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
in a way i'm somewhat pleased Azarenka won. the way the US journo mafia piled into her for doing what has been going on in WTA for years simply because it happened to be a USA player on the receiving end was opportunistic jingoism. did the USA journos care if it happened in a 2r international tournament and messed up some non-USA lesser player? no. but it is just as wrong when it does.
Is Australia the 51 state? Did you even see the bad press she got in Aussie papers? Unless the Aussie press is controlled by the U.S. gov!
The woods are hopeless. Don't waste your time, they will be destroyed. So will the marsh. It is a losing game mankind has played for more than a century. Sadness is what you are, do not deny it. The universe is a lonely place, a painful place. This is what we can share between us, period.
Solitaire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 11:45 AM   #202
country flag WonderfulLee

WonderfulLee has a brilliant future WonderfulLee has a brilliant future WonderfulLee has a brilliant future WonderfulLee has a brilliant future WonderfulLee has a brilliant future WonderfulLee has a brilliant future WonderfulLee has a brilliant future WonderfulLee has a brilliant future WonderfulLee has a brilliant future WonderfulLee has a brilliant future WonderfulLee has a brilliant future

congrats Vika!!!
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 11:45 AM   #203
country flag Alejandrawrrr

Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute

And it's funny how one minute we have a slamless #1 and the next we have a #1 who got that ranking PRECISELY by winning slams and you people still aren't happy
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 11:45 AM   #204
country flag Bronx19

Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of

Get on the plane, no one cares.
Bronx19 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 11:45 AM   #205
country flag Brad[le]y.
Wingis <3

Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
Well Vika fans... think about this, your girl may have won another Slam, but now you still have to put up with Jimmie besmirching your name. Whereas, if Vika had lost today, atleast you would've had Jimmie jumping off the bandwagon pronto
This is literally the only thing that needs to be said. Good thing because he would have jumped onto Na's
Brad[le]y. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 11:45 AM   #206
country flag Patrick345

Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Exactly. The useless McEnroe and Mary Zero Slams Fernandez can eat shit. About the only redeeming quality the useless McEnroe has is his first name.
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Patrick345 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 11:46 AM   #207
country flag Charlatan
Diabolical

Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute

Well, at least, she is able to defend a slam title, unlike other "experienced" multi slam winners

Kudos. Li
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenus Christ View Post
Wait Kerber's ankle I thought it was her shoulder..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macomere View Post
I hope its both.
Charlatan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 11:46 AM   #208
country flag LDF

LDF has a reputation beyond repute LDF has a reputation beyond repute LDF has a reputation beyond repute LDF has a reputation beyond repute LDF has a reputation beyond repute LDF has a reputation beyond repute LDF has a reputation beyond repute LDF has a reputation beyond repute LDF has a reputation beyond repute LDF has a reputation beyond repute LDF has a reputation beyond repute

Mainly devoid of high quality tennis, but that was quite the captivating final I must say, respect to Azarenka for keeping her composure and overcoming a tricky atmosphere to play in. She really knuckled down towards the end of the match and was ultimately a worthy winner.

Fabulous effort from Li, of course. She's been so good for this tournament in the second week and it's a shame she just couldn't quite elevate her game to the required standard today. Here's hoping she'll build on this and become a little more consistent through the season, rather than slipping back into 'a good performance every now and then' mode.

Serena WilliamsJelena Jankovic

Hantuchova~Watson~Robson~Mladenovic~Muguruza
LDF is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 11:46 AM   #209
country flag Exordes

Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute

I think it is time for party rocking in da house tonite.....

Exordes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 11:46 AM   #210
country flag mdterp01

mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The reaction to Azarenka's antics against Stephens was global, not just US press

Serena Williams Australian Open Champion (03,05,07,09,10)
French Open Champion (02,13)
Wimbledon Champion (02,03,09,10,12)
US Open Champion (99,02,08,12,13,14)
mdterp01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote