Laura Robson: The Silver Medal Years 2012- - Page 81 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 26th, 2013, 04:41 AM   #1201
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future
Re: Laura Robson: The Silver Medal Years 2012-

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucas89 View Post
What you guys think her ranking will be at the end of the year?
It is hard to predict. But she definitely has the talent to be between 20-30.
guichard is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 26th, 2013, 07:22 AM   #1202
country flag Play_Suspended
Finding a cure for double-faultitis

Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of

It's a tricky one, injuries etc can pop up and get in the way of stuff. I'd be happy with top 30 or top 32 so she's seeded for the AO next year. Lot of points to defend at the end of the year tho, can see her perhaps moving into the top 30 during the year and then dropping back out of it just before the end. So possibly 35-40 for YE ranking?
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 07:29 AM   #1203
Royals.

Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute

She has the ability to be Top 20. But it's all about consistency and staying healthy/injury free.
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 07:30 AM   #1204
Royals.

Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play_Suspended View Post
It's a tricky one, injuries etc can pop up and get in the way of stuff. I'd be happy with top 30 or top 32 so she's seeded for the AO next year. Lot of points to defend at the end of the year tho, can see her perhaps moving into the top 30 during the year and then dropping back out of it just before the end. So possibly 35-40 for YE ranking?
Seems a lot more realistic to me.

I hope she can edge into the Top 30 though. like 31/32.
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 01:11 PM   #1205
country flag Ollie.

Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck in the rest of the year Laura.

Rybarikova _ Hradecka _ K.Bondarenko _ Flipkens _ Govortsova _ Krajicek _ Martic _ Cetkovska _ Rezai _ Peer _ Begu _ Dulgheru _ Arvidsson _ Larsson _ Goerges _ Mattek-Sands _ Scheepers _ Pliskovas _ Peng _ Minella _ Puchkova _ Voegele _ Laine
Ollie. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 04:18 PM   #1206
country flag JamieOwen3

JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute

Morita retired at a set and 1-0 down.

Laura Robson vs Ayumi Morita 2011 U.S Open 1st round Highlights

Maria Sharapova Venus & Serena Martina Hingis Anna Kournikova Monica Seles Ana Ivanovic Victoria Azarenka Jelena Dokic Laura Robson Eugenie Bouchard Heather Watson Elena Baltacha R.I.P Petra Kvitova Donna Vekic

Official Siberian Death Stare Of The Maria Mafia
Andy Murray 2013 Wimbledon Champion. @TheGrandSlams
JamieOwen3 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27th, 2013, 07:40 PM   #1207
Royals.

Thanks for posting that highlight video Jamie!

Laura really seems to play amazing at the USO. She was 17 in that video and she was playing amazing in that match.
Old Jan 27th, 2013, 07:44 PM   #1208
Royals.

With only a handful of points to defend until Roland Garros in May, can Laura get a seeding there? Players ranked 32 currently has 1498 points, Laura at #43 has 1253 points. So needs around 250 points or to be safe 300 in the next few months to be seeded at FO.
Old Jan 27th, 2013, 07:46 PM   #1209
Royals.

The Indian Wells/Miami swing will be crucial. So many points on offer.
Old Jan 27th, 2013, 08:37 PM   #1210
country flag Dawson.

Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute

As far as ranking points go, there's really not a huge difference between players ranked between 20-40. One big result can see a player rocket up.

Even a moderate goal of winning just one match at the 3 PMs and 2 P5s between now and RG will earn 380 points. Enough to see Laura well inside the top 30. I think a close-to-top 20 ranking by Wimbledon is a very realistic expectation.

... for some reason.
Dawson. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27th, 2013, 10:49 PM   #1211

Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by e5dawsonj View Post
Even a moderate goal of winning just one match at the 3 PMs and 2 P5s between now and RG will earn 380 points. Enough to see Laura well inside the top 30. I think a close-to-top 20 ranking by Wimbledon is a very realistic expectation.
Interesting, its really so draw dependent at this stage. Get a few good draws and she can rack those wins up relatively easily even at this level. Bad draws and the opportunity is gone. Will be so much easier when she does eventually get seeded in the big events and she gets the chance to pick up decent points before meeting the big guns.

I'd be ecstatic with anything in the 20-30 range by wimbledon.
Old Jan 27th, 2013, 11:52 PM   #1212
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by LethalLaura View Post
The Indian Wells/Miami swing will be crucial. So many points on offer.
On her ranking breakdown http://www.tennis4wta.com/laura-robson/Rankings.html. Good opportunities in Indian wells + miami and should really take of advantage of the weak field in florianopolis
guichard is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2013, 12:20 PM   #1213
Royals.

@lrobsonfanpage: Prize money for Laura: 2013: $84,232 Career: $607,274

Not bad earnings at all.
Old Jan 28th, 2013, 08:36 PM   #1214

Quote:
Originally Posted by LethalLaura View Post
@lrobsonfanpage: Prize money for Laura: 2013: $84,232 Career: $607,274

Not bad earnings at all.
Yeah xD Very good for this year so far! Lot of expenditure for a travelling tennis pro though, bet Krajan doesn't come cheap and having to pay for her team's travel, board, food etc. Did you see that article at the end of last year where she said Krajan moaned cos they had to travel economy rather than business class and he couldnt sleep on the flights? Laura said there was no way she could afford for them to fly business class yet xD

Oh any idea who runs laura's fanpage? The unofficial one? Wondered if they were on here at all.

Last edited by Play_Suspended : Jan 28th, 2013 at 08:45 PM.
Play_Suspended is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2013, 09:35 PM   #1215
country flag Joe.

Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play_Suspended View Post
Yeah xD Very good for this year so far! Lot of expenditure for a travelling tennis pro though, bet Krajan doesn't come cheap and having to pay for her team's travel, board, food etc. Did you see that article at the end of last year where she said Krajan moaned cos they had to travel economy rather than business class and he couldnt sleep on the flights? Laura said there was no way she could afford for them to fly business class yet xD
I'm pretty sure the LTA will pay for most, if not all, of Krajan's wage