Li Na def Maria Sharapova 6-2 6-2 - Page 47 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 25th, 2013, 04:24 PM   #691
country flag Deestruction
Two-timing...

Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Li Na def Maria Sharapova 6-2 6-2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
The WTA gave Maria two easy unranked players in the first two rounds who had nothing to hurt Maria with. So the 6-0, 6-0 wins in the first two rounds meant nothing. As usual they were building her up more than they should have.

As far as Venus is concerned, I don't know what was her problem because she didn't even show up. When Venus came back from her illness last year, she played Maria harder than this and Maria won because of a few errors in Venus' game. And by the time Venus did decide to get a clue and start fighting, the match was over.

Na Li has always had the power and game to beat Maria. Her problem was her head game. But one thing that I've noticed is that Carlos is making Li hit her forehands with the same type of speed that he employed with Justine. Carlos understands tennis, court positioning, and he studies the weaknesses of the opponent, and he made Li exploit all of Maria's weaknesses just like Venus use to do at Wimbledon, and like Serena does.

Like I said, I don't know why Venus chose not to come out fighting. Oh well, next time.

And another thing is that Li and the other players had to battle in some of their earlier rounds and they are more match tough than Maria, and it showed. Maria just spent her first 5 games standing on the baseline bashing the ball and acing and beating her opponents easily. Well Li forced her off the baseline and made her run, and she did it with speed, great serving, court positioning, and executing a well thought out game plan for Maria.

Carolos was going to make sure Li beat Maria on Rod Laver arena to rub it in her former coach's face and let him know that although he left Li to coach Maria, that Maria was still the same slow ball basher with no plan B.

And for those who think Maria wasn't playing her game, she was. Na just exploited her weaknesses and it made Maria crumble.

I mean, go back to Wimbledon and see how Venus was beating her 6-1, 6-2 or 6-1, 6-3. Look how Serena would beat her 6-1, 6-0. They did that because they exploited her weaknesses. If the opponent doesn't exploit her weaknesses it will seem like Maria is playing better than she really is. Just look how easily Vika beat her last year at the AO. She beat her easily because Vika exploited her weaknesses.

It's only when they don't exploit her weaknesses, it seems like Maria is playing better when in fact she isn't playing any better.
Exactly. The girl has no B game at all. Just a typical one dimensional bb. What else is new?

http://deestruction.tumblr.com/
Deestruction is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 25th, 2013, 07:24 PM   #692
country flag TennisAddict84

TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold

i don't understand why everyone is SO surprised that maria got routed by li na...li na has always given her trouble in the past when she is on...li na honestly is a tough match for any player when she is on since she has a blend of both defense & offense...i've always seen li na as a second tier kim clijsters...maria on the other hand got her weaknesses exploited again...serve is still erratic...poor movement exploited...

yes, maria could have played better, but overall, she was just getting thoroughly outplayed by li na...i have a lot of respect for sharapova's competitive spirit, but it's gonna remain a challenge for her to be a contender at slams against the defense/offense hybrid players when they're on - li na, serena, azarenka, etc.
TennisAddict84 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2013, 11:22 PM   #693
country flag Halepsova

Halepsova has disabled reputation

Why did this girl have so many beatdowns in her career? Karma?
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 12:23 AM   #694
country flag JN
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infiniti2001 View Post
anyone heard from him? Hope he did not off himself
And the guy still hasn't shown up. Methinks he's still gagging on his foot.

JN is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 12:45 AM   #695
country flag Deestruction
Two-timing...

Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Li Na def Maria Jokeapova 6-2 6-2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBV. View Post
If only that were true, you wouldn't be banned from going there and forced to lurk from your mobile phone

http://deestruction.tumblr.com/
Deestruction is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 01:04 AM   #696
country flag Jack.

Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute

I always knew Li could do this
Now she might get the AO she deserves.

Juan Martin Del Potro
Jack. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 01:19 AM   #697
country flag Infiniti2001
Veelieve!!!

Infiniti2001 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JN View Post
And the guy still hasn't shown up. Methinks he's still gagging on his foot.
I came in here to check if he was bold enough to show up I'd love to see the egg dripping off his sad little face
Infiniti2001 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 01:24 AM   #698
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deestruction View Post
Exactly. The girl has no B game at all. Just a typical one dimensional bb. What else is new?
Do you think Radwanska who won 12232423423 matches in 2013 before meeting Li NA in QF is multi dimensional? Did she cope to do anything agains Li NA, who was playing not as good as in SF? No, she couldn't. even Novak Djokovic if he had to play best of 3 would have lost in straights to on fire Wawrinka

WTA Championships 2004
London Olympics silver medallist

32 WTA titles , including 12 Tier I titles
21 weeks #1 player
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 01:34 AM   #699
country flag StoneRose

StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhNaNa View Post
I always knew Li could do this
Now she might get the AO she deserves.
If she does it'll be deserved. Vika will make her earn it.
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 01:36 AM   #700
BlueTrees

BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashaMasha View Post
Even Novak Djokovic if he had to play best of 3 would have lost in straights to on fire Wawrinka
Um what? Might need to look at the scoreline again. If it was best of three Djokovic would've won 1-6 7-5 6-4.
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 03:08 AM   #701
country flag PetraReeMona

PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infiniti2001 View Post
I came in here to check if he was bold enough to show up I'd love to see the egg dripping off his sad little face
Always the same.... whenever she loses, Madmax and Dsanders go AWOL for about 2 weeks and then come up with an excuse as to why they weren't on the board
PetraReeMona is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 03:12 AM   #702
country flag Dominic

Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute

How on earth is I.Luv.Shitty not permabanned yet, this person doesn't belong in a place where it can interact with ppl seriously Anyway, it's a question of time.
Dominic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 03:27 AM   #703
country flag PetraReeMona

PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominic View Post
How on earth is I.Luv.Shitty not permabanned yet, this person doesn't belong in a place where it can interact with ppl seriously Anyway, it's a question of time.
At least I'm not a racist
PetraReeMona is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 03:39 AM   #704
country flag Losing Streak

Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
She's not worse than you

Krunya Kichenoks Pliskovas Sasnovich Kremen Kovinic Bencic Vekic Diyas Smitkova Bellis Svitolina Cirstea Mlad Garcia Pavlovic Rezai Jovanovski Mitu Savic Savinykh Evtimova Tomova Kalashnikova
Losing Streak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 04:40 AM   #705
country flag HRHoliviasmith

HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
the nerve...