Mona Barthel - Volume 2 - Page 45 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 24th, 2013, 06:30 PM   #661
country flag joy division

joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future
Re: Mona Barthel - Volume 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viktymise View Post
I really feel like her career can go one of two ways from this point:

1) She continually improves, experiences a shit load of setbacks in the form of losses and chokes in big (ish) matches, but eventually learns from these setbacks, gets better guidance, and realises that she doesn't have to be a great competitor to be a genuine threat to the best in the world.

2) Experiences a continual flow of said horrid chokes/losses, but never gets a stable coach, never really improves, and remains a mid-ranked unknown quantity, who can have a few hot streak during the year, and take it to top players every now and then, but never achieves anything particularly significant or takes her tennis to the next level.

We'll see.
Both of your scenarios are quite possible.
But what exactly do you want to tell at the marked point. I have an idea about it, but could you explain it on your own ?
joy division is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 24th, 2013, 08:38 PM   #662
Viktymise
King

Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute

Basically that Mona is not the best competitor. I've seen her on countless occassions shy away from winning the bigger matches in her career so far. But with more experience she can realise that the person on the other side of the net is probably just as nervous as she is and she can overcome these "winning issues", to a certain extent.
Old Jan 25th, 2013, 09:27 PM   #663
country flag Tecumseh

Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future

Mona has become the sportswoman of the year in her hometown.

http://mona-barthel.de/en/berichte2013en.html

She is always very photogenic on these pics and her smile comes across very natural. You simply have to like her!
Tecumseh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2013, 09:29 PM   #664
country flag Setsuna.

Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecumseh View Post
Mona has become the sportswoman of the year in her hometown.

http://mona-barthel.de/en/berichte2013en.html

She is always very photogenic on these pics and her smile comes across very natural. You simply have to like her!

Really happy for her.

Chakvetadze Barthel Kerber Bencic Pavlyuchenkova Halep Muguruza Lottner
Setsuna. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2013, 09:37 PM   #665
country flag Losing Streak
Only Pova that matters~

Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute

Mona!

Kichenoks Sasnovich Kremen Pervak Kovinic Bencic Vekic Diyas Bellis Svitolina Cirstea Mladenovic Garcia Pavlovic Rezai Jovanovski Mitu Savic Savinykh Evtimova Tomova Kalashnikova
Losing Streak is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2013, 10:12 PM   #666
country flag Tecumseh

Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viktymise View Post
Basically that Mona is not the best competitor. I've seen her on countless occassions shy away from winning the bigger matches in her career so far. But with more experience she can realise that the person on the other side of the net is probably just as nervous as she is and she can overcome these "winning issues", to a certain extent.
Mona has to find her own special way to win matches. If you look at her rather spiritual personality you can sense that she shouldn’t go for becoming a fierce competitor like Maria Sharapova or Serena Williams. I even think that readiness to compete and her character are somehow perfect opposites.

So I think she should relax on the tennis court without thinking about winning or losing. By simply enjoying her talent as a tennis player she should be competitive enough to beat most of the players on tour.
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 03:11 AM   #667
country flag King Halep
♥ Si Si Simona Si Si Si

King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute

Its a good achievement
King Halep is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 03:28 PM   #668
country flag mk27

mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute

Paris

1st round: U.Radwanska
2nd round: Vinci or Halep
mk27 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 03:34 PM   #669
country flag Setsuna.

Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute

Tough draw.

Chakvetadze Barthel Kerber Bencic Pavlyuchenkova Halep Muguruza Lottner
Setsuna. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 03:38 PM   #670
country flag crazillo

crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute

Vinci could give Mona much trouble but I think she should win R1.
"There is a saying that there is no friendship in tennis, but I've proven the opposite. After all of them are here, it means that there is friendship and I want to thank them for being here tonight. I hope the fans are happy too."

My blog about my semester spent in China (bilingual in both German and English):
http://crazillo.jimdo.com! Please feel free to make comments!!
crazillo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 06:09 PM   #671
country flag Tecumseh

I hope Mona starts beating those kind of players. All in all i think that the draw could have been worse.
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 06:15 PM   #672
country flag heavyhorse

heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute

Can't wait for her to start playing again. Good luck in Paris Mona.
heavyhorse is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 08:05 PM   #673
deliverance.

deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future

First round is really tough But she should win this.
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 08:34 PM   #674
country flag KatjaS

KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute

Radwanska doesn't really have anything to hurt her with. All she has to do is deliver a professional performance.
KatjaS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 11:28 PM   #675
country flag crazillo

crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute

It's not like Radwanska has played exceptionally well so far in 2013.
"There is a saying that there is no friendship in tennis, but I've proven the opposite. After all of them are here, it means that there is friendship and I want to thank them for being here tonight. I hope the fans are happy too."

My blog about my semester spent in China (bilingual in both German and English):
http://crazillo.jimdo.com! Please feel free to make comments!!
crazillo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote