Sloane Stephens: "I am going to be the next superstar!" - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 25th, 2013, 01:43 PM   #61
country flag Kismet

Kismet is a name known to all Kismet is a name known to all Kismet is a name known to all Kismet is a name known to all Kismet is a name known to all Kismet is a name known to all Kismet is a name known to all Kismet is a name known to all Kismet is a name known to all Kismet is a name known to all Kismet is a name known to all
Re: Sloane Stephens: "I am going to be the next superstar!"

Sloane just has a very dry sense of humor and I find her interviews hilarious.

So many people are taking her comments as arrogance, when she's just being facetious

kim. venus. justine. amélie. elena.
the idler wheel is wiser than the driver of the screw, and whipping cords will serve you more than ropes will ever do.
Kismet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 25th, 2013, 01:55 PM   #62
country flag Vincey!

Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute

Sloane is a really likeable girl and I like her attitude and vibe on court but she needs to stop saying all those weird comments about herself. She's in the big girls league now and those kind of comments will come bite her in the ass. The last girls who was so hyped and who hyped herself that much was Melanie Oudin and we all know how she ended up. Focus on your tennis and forget about the rest Sloane.

"You're wasting your time,Go home and have a beer!" - Maria Sharapova-
Vincey! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2013, 02:16 PM   #63
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Well, if she said the opposite TF would trash her for being weak.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2013, 02:57 PM   #64
country flag Vincey!

Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by marineblue View Post
Well, if she said the opposite TF would trash her for being weak.
There is a difference between saying and thinking that you can beat anyone and saying you're a "SUPERSTAR". She's not talking about tennis when she makes those comments but talks about her "fame"...Even the top players don't talk about them being famous...even if those are jokes they are very poor and they always go around her thinking she's a big star and how popular she is.

"You're wasting your time,Go home and have a beer!" - Maria Sharapova-
Vincey! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2013, 02:59 PM   #65
country flag donellcarey

donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute

Okay.
donellcarey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2013, 03:03 PM   #66
country flag sammy01

sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute

Kim Clijsters - Supporting the comeback!

I have no other faves, I just hate

Follow me on twitter, I talk lots of shit about tennis - https://twitter.com/#!/Sammyb01
sammy01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2013, 03:59 PM   #67
country flag égalité

égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute

get it hunty.

she's right. finally a good american player born after 1981.
Bitttchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh You Better Pay It Honey! The Devil Is A Liar!!!!! Bitches Get Interviews And Shit? Where They Do That At Honey? Girls Are Late Honey!!!! The Queen Needs To Get Into It Honey Cause The Girls Is Late Out Here! Yes Honey Im Throwing Epic Shade!

Management!
égalité is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2013, 04:01 PM   #68
country flag young_gunner913
Praise thy name.

young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet View Post
Sloane just has a very dry sense of humor and I find her interviews hilarious.

So many people are taking her comments as arrogance, when she's just being facetious
This.

I'd have to watch the way she said this but I don't think she'd ever have the nerve to make a statement like this, knowing that there's a looming ass whooping in the air from Serena coming.
Old Jan 25th, 2013, 05:39 PM   #69
country flag shoparound

shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future

shoparound is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2013, 07:03 PM   #70
country flag pov

pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute

There's a difference between stating "I am going to be the next superstar!" (which she didn't do) and answering "yes" to such a question.
Old Jan 25th, 2013, 11:08 PM   #71
country flag Vespertine69

Vespertine69 has a reputation beyond repute Vespertine69 has a reputation beyond repute Vespertine69 has a reputation beyond repute Vespertine69 has a reputation beyond repute Vespertine69 has a reputation beyond repute Vespertine69 has a reputation beyond repute Vespertine69 has a reputation beyond repute Vespertine69 has a reputation beyond repute Vespertine69 has a reputation beyond repute Vespertine69 has a reputation beyond repute Vespertine69 has a reputation beyond repute

Good god, some of you guys are so bloody judgemental - there's no sensible answer to a question like that, so why not answer in a confident manner? It's not up to the player being interviewed to come up with a careful, measured response that takes into account the perfect balance between confidence and humility so you don't feel offended by it... she is answering a stupid, polarising question on the spot in a pressure situation, it's no real surprise (given that she's worked to be a tennis "star" for so long) that she plumps for the more positive 'hell yeah!' type reply to this question - it doesn't indicate any weird arrogance at all, it's a simplified black and white answer to a simplified black and white question.
Old Jan 25th, 2013, 11:18 PM   #72
country flag Halepsova

Halepsova has disabled reputation

I doubt if Serena ever said she's gonna be a superstar (I know Venus did) right before her breakthrough.