Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6 - Page 34 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jan 25th, 2013, 08:30 PM   #496
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Looking at her schedule I can see why she went on vacation before all this. It's a packed schedule however I think it's realistic because it counts with a possibility of some hiccups resulting in early losses. Her AO schedule also looked intense and in the end she played 7 matches altogether.
I think that she won't take Kuala Lumpur very seriously because it ends just a day before an exhibition.
Fingers crossed Caro rakes as many points as possible during her spring campaign.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 25th, 2013, 11:08 PM   #497
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Though I wish that she scheduled a bit more prudently,I'm proud of Caro for holding on to her integrity and honor in that area.It's a stark contrast with certain others who will go nameless here
Same here. I'm proud of Caro's morals and integrity. I hope she never loses that integrity when she sees around her three top players in particular who's word means nothing and can't be trusted to keep it. I was brought up that your word should be trusted. If you commit to do something - you do it or try your best to do it. In real life - It infuriates me to be let down by workmen who say they'll come round and don't turn up. And unless they have a genuine injury - players who don't honour their committment are no better.

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters
terjw is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 12:00 AM   #498
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by terjw View Post
Same here. I'm proud of Caro's morals and integrity. I hope she never loses that integrity when she sees around her three top players in particular who's word means nothing and can't be trusted to keep it. I was brought up that your word should be trusted. If you commit to do something - you do it or try your best to do it. In real life +++++++It infuriates me to be let down by workmen who say they'll come round and don't turn up+++++++ And unless they have a genuine injury - players who don't honour their committment are no better.
I drew attention to the portion above as a courtesy to a fellow Caro fan;in case you'd thought about retiring to lovely Cancun or Acapulco someday,living in Mexico is not for you.If you're wealthy enough to have your own contractors on payroll,that's different.For the rest of us,waiting for workmen to arrive someday is an annoyance we've had to learn to adjust to.

You probably don't care at all about the NFL,but a player who fakes injury or 'heals very slowly'(hint,hint)will quickly fall out of favor with his teammates.In fact,he'll surely be either traded or,if no one will take him,released in the very next offseason.Guys will even go to the coach or GM and threaten to beat the assclown senseless in the locker room if the team won't get rid of him.

Though it's a different theme than what we've been discussing,I think that Caro's standards extend to other things.I'd be really,really,REALLY shocked if I heard that Rory was verbally abusive when the cameras were off;I just can't imagine that Caro would stand for that...with ANY guy.Nor do I believe that there was very much to her 'relationship' with Verdasco;despite having the same sponsor,she didn't even bother sitting in his box for his biggest matches on her days off.Something tells me that Caro wasn't interested in being another one of that guy's cheap,easy trophies

She has helped me fill the void of Elena's absence,but I might have to look hard whenever Caro actually DOES retire,too

Semi-retired tennis fan praying for a Culture of Accountability from the Pathetic Enabler, the WTA

Soccer=the RCC and Islam in terms of brainwashed,mindless fanatics who'll kill and maim for their stupid religion
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 05:03 AM   #499
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by terjw View Post
Same here. I'm proud of Caro's morals and integrity. I hope she never loses that integrity when she sees around her three top players in particular who's word means nothing and can't be trusted to keep it. I was brought up that your word should be trusted. If you commit to do something - you do it or try your best to do it. In real life - It infuriates me to be let down by workmen who say they'll come round and don't turn up. And unless they have a genuine injury - players who don't honour their committment are no better.
I'm not sure what you mean. Maria & Serena were both in hospitals, their careers in doubt. They both came back all the way to the top.
Vika is in her 3rd slam final in 12 months. Played great the 1st two finals.
They have done a lot that people should appreciate.

Caroline's current situation is not a sad story. She has youth, health, beauty, money, fame. Just lacks the Hall of Fame career. But its still early. If she doesnt get future on court success, it wasnt meant to be. It takes tremendous mental toughness to stay at the top.

But these current top 3 have been awesome in their high level consistency. They've been in 7 slam finals in a row, and Olympic Gold medal match and last 2 YEC finals
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 06:55 AM   #500
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
look like caro will be playing Porsche Tennis Grand Prix as well
Where'd you hear that? It's not on her schedule at her site.

Adding Stuttgart would just be adding on to the craziness of her schedule.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 07:08 AM   #501
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by marineblue View Post
Looking at her schedule I can see why she went on vacation before all this. It's a packed schedule however I think it's realistic because it counts with a possibility of some hiccups resulting in early losses. Her AO schedule also looked intense and in the end she played 7 matches altogether.
I think that she won't take Kuala Lumpur very seriously because it ends just a day before an exhibition.
Fingers crossed Caro rakes as many points as possible during her spring campaign.
Charleston at the end of the schedule makes me pretty concerned. The last time a tired Caro played on green clay she ended up with an ankle injury.

I'd be pretty dissapointed if she was putting an exhibition ahead of an actual tournament. Kuala Lumpur may be one the few opportunities for Caro to win a title this year.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 09:18 AM   #502
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
Charleston at the end of the schedule makes me pretty concerned. The last time a tired Caro played on green clay she ended up with an ankle injury.

I'd be pretty dissapointed if she was putting an exhibition ahead of an actual tournament. Kuala Lumpur may be one the few opportunities for Caro to win a title this year.
She has to keep herself healthy, and that kind of green clay injury happened to Zvonareva also. I would probably skip green clay also. But its a WTA only in US that former greats love to go back & visit. So it draws good fields most years

Old Jan 26th, 2013, 09:53 AM   #503
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Actually, the last time Caro played a green play tournament, she won ... The ankle roll was in 2010. She won Charleston in 2011. Didn't play 2012.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 10:50 AM   #504
country flag Protoss

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
Actually, the last time Caro played a green play tournament, she won ... The ankle roll was in 2010. She won Charleston in 2011. Didn't play 2012.
I said a "tired Caro" as she was rather tired that week after Ponte Vedra Beach in 2010.
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 03:22 PM   #505
country flag Jack.

Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute

What does The Woz's schedule look like for the next few weeks?

Juan Martin Del Potro
Jack. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 03:40 PM   #506
country flag goldenlox

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWTennis View Post
Caro's schedule from February until April looks brutal

Feb 11 - Feb 17 Qatar Ladies Open

Feb 18 - Feb 23 Dubai Duty Free Championships

Feb 25 - Mar 03 BMW Malaysian Open

Mar 4- World Tennis Day Exhibition in Hong Kong

Mar 06 - Mar 17 BNP Paribas Open

Mar 18- Montreal Rendezvous Exhibition in Montreal

Mar 19 - Mar 31 Sony Ericsson Open

Apr 01 - Apr 07 Family Circle Cup
She will be busy after this vacation with Rory

Old Jan 26th, 2013, 04:38 PM   #507
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I doubt that she is aiming for Kuala Lumpur,tbh. She wants to go for the bigger titles which would help her ranking as well.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 04:47 PM   #508
country flag Jack.

Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, Feb to April is non stop, I hope she isn't overplaying herself.

Juan Martin Del Potro
Jack. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 08:48 PM   #509
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Where'd you hear that? It's not on her schedule at her site.

Adding Stuttgart would just be adding on to the craziness of her schedule.
Where do you get the notion that she won't be playing Stuttgart? She always has and she's on the entry list as well:

http://www.porsche-tennis.com/prod/p...urrent_players

My Tennis Photo Database

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 09:16 PM   #510
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
I'm not sure what you mean. Maria & Serena were both in hospitals, their careers in doubt. They both came back all the way to the top.
Vika is in her 3rd slam final in 12 months. Played great the 1st two finals.
They have done a lot that people should appreciate.

Caroline's current situation is not a sad story. She has youth, health, beauty, money, fame. Just lacks the Hall of Fame career. But its still early. If she doesnt get future on court success, it wasnt meant to be. It takes tremendous mental toughness to stay at the top.

But these current top 3 have been awesome in their high level consistency. They've been in 7 slam finals in a row, and Olympic Gold medal match and last 2 YEC finals
Not talking about their achievements. I'm not knocking those in any way. What I don't like about them is that those three players have been the worst culprits at pulling out of tournaments late that they have committed to. I remember a few years back Serena pulling out with an injury excue and going surfing that week. She was always withdrawing. Just to be clear - I'm not talking about the times they withdraw for a bone fide injury. But when they've done it for tactical purposes. That's what I don't like. That to me is akin to being let down by tradesman who say they will come on a certan day and don't turn up. And that is unprofessional as far as I'm concerned.

All very well and good. What's it to do with Caro? Well what I was trying to say in agreement with Bruce is that that if Caro makes a committment - she has an attitude of meeting it unless injured. But when she sees those three who she gets on well with withdrawing ... All I'm saying is that in the company of those players - I hope she doesn't change in this respect and become like them in breaking a committment in such a cavalier fashion.

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters
terjw is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread