AO 2013: The Bridesmaid-Bride Double. The Sequel. - Page 160 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 25th, 2013, 05:14 PM   #2386
country flag Fighterpova

Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future
Re: AO 2013: The Bridesmaid-Bride Double. The Sequel.

I'm not watching the final tomorrow. I'm not getting up at 9.30 to watch a NID final

Congrats to Azarenka anyway, she 'deserved' it

This will be the first GS final I missed since AO 2011 because that was also NID Funny thing is, Li is again in the final
Fighterpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 25th, 2013, 05:15 PM   #2387
country flag Fighterpova

Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future

Hopefully Nole can save tennis and the AO on Sunday though, I can't wait for the mens final
Fighterpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2013, 05:46 PM   #2388
country flag TrollPova
Don't Be A Hater, Dear

TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute

Yikes looks like shit really hit the fan in here

Already looking forward to the next tournament thread/clean slate
Old Jan 25th, 2013, 05:53 PM   #2389
country flag PimpMePova

PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future

I can't watch the women's final either cause I have french from 9.30 to 12.30 but if Li wins it I'll definitely watch the replay if not than I'll probably try to delete this whole tournament from my memory Come on Li you can do it save tennis
PimpMePova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2013, 05:56 PM   #2390
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighterpova View Post
Hopefully Nole can save tennis and the AO on Sunday though, I can't wait for the mens final
You mean tennis will cease to exist if Murray wins?
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2013, 05:57 PM   #2391
country flag NiMaria

NiMaria is a glorious beacon of light NiMaria is a glorious beacon of light NiMaria is a glorious beacon of light NiMaria is a glorious beacon of light NiMaria is a glorious beacon of light NiMaria is a glorious beacon of light NiMaria is a glorious beacon of light NiMaria is a glorious beacon of light NiMaria is a glorious beacon of light NiMaria is a glorious beacon of light NiMaria is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoana R. View Post
^ Apparently he said fucking stop to him

Anyone know why he said this? Although i'm not surprised to say the least. Typical Fed behaviour when he's on the wrong end of the scoreline.
NiMaria is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2013, 05:57 PM   #2392
country flag TrollPova
Don't Be A Hater, Dear

TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute

^ Yeah I'm definitely not waking up at 3:30 in the morning for this hell . I'll watch a replay only if Li wins. The thought of Vika winning her second slam just makes me wanna vomit

Last edited by TrollPova : Jan 25th, 2013 at 05:58 PM. Reason: oops
TrollPova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2013, 06:05 PM   #2393
country flag PimpMePova

PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future

I'm not saying this about Azarenka just because I dislike her but I really think she doesn't deserve to win this slam she was really lucky with the draw and if it had been a different one she probably'd been out by now. I think Li should win this she played much better throughout the tournament and won against good players. Needless to say that she was amazing against Maria, I just hope she can bring this in the final too and not have a complete meltdown
Old Jan 25th, 2013, 06:59 PM   #2394
country flag Abuttons

Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold

For what its'worth, even a Swiss newspaper is questioning Vika's behavior on court.

I count on Na tomorrow, I hope she plays a good match like against Maria.
Abuttons is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2013, 07:03 PM   #2395
country flag MM_1257

MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of

Honestly, I don't care who wins. I won't mind if Vika wins TBH.
Old Jan 25th, 2013, 07:05 PM   #2396
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiMaria View Post
Anyone know why he said this? Although i'm not surprised to say the least. Typical Fed behaviour when he's on the wrong end of the scoreline.
Well, because I'm the old fart that I am I have a somewhat different perspective on these things. In my younger days 'incidents' like these wouldn't even be noticed because we were used to much worse. Players are much, much friendlier to each other today than in the past. Jimmy Connors has said that he can't understand this. He said that he couldn't have imagined giving McEnroe a hug after beating him. "I would rather have hit him on the head with my racquet to make sure that it was really over!"

Sure, Connors is an extreme example, but he and McEnroe and Nastase were just as typical for their time as the 'nice guys' of today are. And compared to what I was used to seeing and hearing in my youth the likes of Federer, Murray, Nadal and Djokovic look like members of a church choir. That's why most of todays so-called incidents really get nothing more than a shrug of my shoulders because there's always the thought in the back of my mind of, "you should have been around when McEnroe or Connors did this or that." And incidents, REAL incidents, that is, were so common in their matches that crowds used to be kinda disappointed if they had to go home without someone losing his cool somewhere.

Just a few from "the good old days"

Old Jan 25th, 2013, 07:33 PM   #2397
country flag PimpMePova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
In the description it says this was an exhibition match
Old Jan 25th, 2013, 07:38 PM   #2398
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoana R. View Post
In the description it says this was an exhibition match
There was no such thing as an exho with Connors and McEnroe. Those guys truly hated each others guts. They seem to get along pretty well these days though.
Old Jan 25th, 2013, 07:46 PM   #2399
country flag stegall

stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all

I'm indifferent to who wins tonight,but I do think Espn here has completely blown the MTO thing out of proportion..She was in the wrong totally but the broadcasters here beat you over the head with it.

Last edited by stegall : Jan 25th, 2013 at 10:21 PM.
stegall is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2013, 07:58 PM   #2400
country flag NiMaria

NiMaria is a glorious beacon of light NiMaria is a glorious beacon of light NiMaria is a glorious beacon of light NiMaria is a glorious beacon of light NiMaria is a glorious beacon of light NiMaria is a glorious beacon of light NiMaria is a glorious beacon of light NiMaria is a glorious beacon of light NiMaria is a glorious beacon of light NiMaria is a glorious beacon of light NiMaria is a glorious beacon of light

Good point Chrissie-fan. I don't even really dislike or hate Fed but it's just the way the media and some of his fans portray him as some kind of saint, regardless of this type of behaviour and it's not the first time either, that annoys me.
NiMaria is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote