Just watched The Hobbit and while it has some flaws the movie is still epic! - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 31st, 2012, 10:26 PM   #46
country flag wild.river

wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Just watched The Hobbit and while it has some flaws the movie is still epic!

some of the humour was so cheesy i cringed. "that'll do it" as thorin slashed the fat goblin's tummy, etc.

but i still loved it. i didn't read the book or know any background to the film so i had no idea they were splitting it into 3 parts i was rather surprised when the movie ended on a cliffhanger.
wild.river is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 31st, 2012, 10:44 PM   #47
country flag Kon.

Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Just watched The Hobbit and while it has some flaws the movie is still epic!

I found it very entertaining throughout, despite the running time I didn't feel bored at any part.
It's not an epic but it's a good movie.
Kon. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31st, 2012, 11:28 PM   #48
country flag Sammo

Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderwall. View Post
I found it very entertaining throughout, despite the running time I didn't feel bored at any part.
It's not an epic but it's a good movie.
Exactly, there are many parts in all 3 LOTR movies that are a total bore.

"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live."
Sammo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1st, 2013, 10:27 AM   #49
country flag Beat

Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisation View Post
It felt like a 3 hour video game with no real storyline.
perfectly summed up.
i was also very much bothered by the 48 frames per second. after all i read about this topic, i realize that it is pereceived very individually, but the reviewer who wrote that watching "the hobbit" was like "being on the set of the movie instead of having a bigger than life experience" described my feelings very well. it might look "more crisp and real", as jackson describes it, but that is really not an advantage.

Beat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1st, 2013, 11:03 AM   #50
country flag Monica_Rules

Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute

Saw it about a week ago.

I thought it was OK. As many have said it felt too long and lots of scenes just didn't need to be there. The whole Frodo/Old Bilbo scene was pointless. The ' rock giants' fight was crap and un-neccassary .

I'm not saying the film was bad, it just didn't blow me away

Naomi Broady, Tara Moore, Heather Watson , Laura Robson

Johanna Konta, Eleanor Dean
, Sam Murray
Katy Dunne Katie Boulter
Monica_Rules is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1st, 2013, 05:16 PM   #51
Gandalf

Gandalf is a name known to all Gandalf is a name known to all Gandalf is a name known to all Gandalf is a name known to all Gandalf is a name known to all Gandalf is a name known to all Gandalf is a name known to all Gandalf is a name known to all Gandalf is a name known to all Gandalf is a name known to all Gandalf is a name known to all

I saw it last week, and it was much better than I expected. In fact some of the parts I liked the least were due to the book (I think the story would have been better with less than 13 dwarfes, and SPOILER if they didn't always got all saved at the last minute- it kills the suspense after a while). But I liked the direction of Peter Jackson and enjoyed the 48 frames per second.

Looking forward to the next part, a pity that we have to wait for a whole year. And I hope Evangeline gets screen time in that one.
Gandalf is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1st, 2013, 05:27 PM   #52
Olórin

Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
I saw it last week, and it was much better than I expected. In fact some of the parts I liked the least were due to the book (I think the story would have been better with less than 13 dwarfes, and SPOILER if they didn't always got all saved at the last minute- it kills the suspense after a while). But I liked the direction of Peter Jackson and enjoyed the 48 frames per second.

Looking forward to the next part, a pity that we have to wait for a whole year. And I hope Evangeline gets screen time in that one.
Really? I find that an interesting comment because moments like the Gandalf-Bilbo conversation, Riddles Game make the movie for me, but Jackson's "direction" during scenes such as the chase from Goblin town and the rock giants are hardly what I would call necessary aspects of cinematic adaption and license. Spoiler Also re: the 13 Dwarves surely the suspenseful aspect of having 13 Dwarves is "will any die" as it is the ones we have been groomed to love most are the ones that die at the end.

In any event touches like having all 13 dwarves, the same goofy and absurd trolls, Gandalf wearing a silver scarf as described in the book all make up for the less smooth elements of the adaption that inevitably come with cinematic audience requirements.

Last edited by Olórin : Jan 1st, 2013 at 05:45 PM.
Olórin is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16th, 2013, 01:42 AM   #53
country flag Halardfan

Halardfan has a reputation beyond repute Halardfan has a reputation beyond repute Halardfan has a reputation beyond repute Halardfan has a reputation beyond repute Halardfan has a reputation beyond repute Halardfan has a reputation beyond repute Halardfan has a reputation beyond repute Halardfan has a reputation beyond repute Halardfan has a reputation beyond repute Halardfan has a reputation beyond repute Halardfan has a reputation beyond repute

Really enjoyed it, and I preferred it to its equivalent in the LOTR saga, Fellowship of the Ring. It had notably more action, and was overall a far more resounding success than I had heard. It was really great to see all the familiar faces again as well as get to know the new ones.
Old Jan 16th, 2013, 02:23 AM   #54
country flag Nicolás89

Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute

I had no love for the bits that weren't part of the book, I still enjoyed though.
Old Jan 25th, 2013, 03:56 PM   #55
country flag tennismaster8820
Sprem believer! :shrug:

tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute

Movie was not great obviously but I really didn't feel like it lasted that long, time passed by pretty fast.
It's true some parts seem like video game and it all looks more like one big fairytale.
Still it's ok movie, I enjoyed it.
tennismaster8820 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote