AO 2013: The Bridesmaid-Bride Double. The Sequel. - Page 159 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 25th, 2013, 02:01 PM   #2371
country flag domon17th

domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future
Re: AO 2013: The Bridesmaid-Bride Double. The Sequel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Well, I like Na as much as Maria. So while I was disappointed for Masha I was also happy for Li. But I admit that the only thing I'm disappointed about is the margin of Li's win. If it had been a competitive match with both playing at or near their best it would have been a case of, "ok, both were good, but someone has to win in the end. This time it was Na, perhaps next time it will be Maria." But the disappointing thing from Maria's perspective is that Li played her best tennis in the matches where it mattered most (against Aga and Maria) while Maria played her best tennis against non-contenders while she played by her standards pretty poorly towards the business end of the tournament. Despite the convincing score she was already less impressive against Makarova than in earlier rounds while Li Na totally outplayed her.
THIS SO MUCH. While I don't question her toughness in getting back from surgery and putting in the effort to get back to her best, I do think her mental toughness on court against the best players will never return again. She's just shitting her pants against any top players who are playing well these days. Look at those SFs she played as Semipova against Momo, Juju Heng and Kimothy, they had to bring their best form to tame that resilience and fight from Maria.

Getting all sad now

And what's with this Vika hate I don't love her myself but c'mon, dragging fellow SS posters down because of her? You guys need a drink
domon17th is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 25th, 2013, 02:06 PM   #2372
country flag Asanty

Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of

So much hating on Maria.... now I am even more depressed
Asanty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2013, 02:07 PM   #2373
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asanty View Post
So much hating on Maria.... now I am even more depressed
As long as Masha herself isn't depressed I couldn't care less about the trolls
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2013, 02:08 PM   #2374
country flag JamieOwen3

JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute

The bigger the hate only shows how hugely relevant she is to them.
Maria Sharapova Venus & Serena Martina Hingis Anna Kournikova Monica Seles Ana Ivanovic Victoria Azarenka Jelena Dokic Laura Robson Eugenie Bouchard Heather Watson Marion Bartoli Petra Kvitova Donna Vekic

Official Siberian Death Stare Of The Maria Mafia
Andy Murray 2013 Wimbledon Champion. @TheGrandSlams
JamieOwen3 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2013, 02:10 PM   #2375
country flag domon17th

domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future

Well she was soooo loved and respected on the board (relatively) from 2009 to 2010, so take it anyway you all want
Old Jan 25th, 2013, 02:12 PM   #2376
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by domon17th View Post
Well she was soooo loved and respected on the board (relatively) from 2009 to 2010, so take it anyway you all want
And guess what, those were the worst 2 years... I guess that being hated = being feared = being strong
Trih is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2013, 02:18 PM   #2377
country flag PimpMePova

PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future

I'm done getting depressed over the loss what happened happened...although I really want her to win a Slam this year and if she doesn't defend her FO title than I don't know I must also note that after Maria's loss it was really gloomy and pouring outside and the minute I woke up I heard and saw a lighting outside my window I guess even the weather was dramatizing/depressed over her loss
PimpMePova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2013, 02:23 PM   #2378
country flag domon17th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trih View Post
And guess what, those were the worst 2 years... I guess that being hated = being feared = being strong
I'd rather she win slams and endure those juvenile posters while Dsanders and co fight the war on GM for SS

Anyway not sure if it's the proper place to ask, but did Fed really drop the F-bomb on Andrew eariler on?
Old Jan 25th, 2013, 02:31 PM   #2379
country flag PimpMePova

PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future

^ Apparently he said fucking stop to him

Old Jan 25th, 2013, 02:42 PM   #2380
country flag Nina.

Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute

and of course there won't be any media drama about this because Holyrer can do no wrong
Nina. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2013, 02:44 PM   #2381
country flag domon17th

LOL Roger getting all old and cranky and losing left and right, love it.

Old Jan 25th, 2013, 02:44 PM   #2382
country flag PimpMePova

I read Andy's interview and he was very classy about it
Old Jan 25th, 2013, 03:11 PM   #2383
country flag JamieOwen3

JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute

Did I click General Messages by mistake?

Maria Sharapova Venus & Serena Martina Hingis Anna Kournikova Monica Seles Ana Ivanovic Victoria Azarenka Jelena Dokic Laura Robson Eugenie Bouchard Heather Watson Marion Bartoli Petra Kvitova Donna Vekic

Official Siberian Death Stare Of The Maria Mafia
Andy Murray 2013 Wimbledon Champion. @TheGrandSlams
JamieOwen3 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2013, 03:40 PM   #2384
country flag BadgerM

BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold

I was OK with the loss immediately afterward, but now I'm kinda disappointed again just because I hate when there's still matches to be played and Maria's not in them. She made me greedy after those 9 finals last year.

Do people think she'll make the trip to Doha? I mean she has to be back in the US by now/tomorrow, and it doesn't make too much sense to go to the Middle East just for one week if she isn't playing Dubai.
BadgerM is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2013, 04:31 PM   #2385
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by domon17th View Post
THIS SO MUCH. While I don't question her toughness in getting back from surgery and putting in the effort to get back to her best, I do think her mental toughness on court against the best players will never return again. She's just shitting her pants against any top players who are playing well these days. Look at those SFs she played as Semipova against Momo, Juju Heng and Kimothy, they had to bring their best form to tame that resilience and fight from Maria.

Getting all sad now

And what's with this Vika hate I don't love her myself but c'mon, dragging fellow SS posters down because of her? You guys need a drink
Agreed.

Maria has huge problems with Serena, Vika and Na and she will probably have to beat atleast 1 of them to win the French Open again this year. But clay is clearly Maria best surface so she can win the French again. She will also be in form for the French whereas Maria was not tennis tough for the Oz semi against Na and it showed. Masha cruising so easily her first 5 matches in Melbourne ending up costing her in the semi's. But that's tennis.
Happiness is like a cat. If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid you. It will never come. But if you pay no attention to it and go about your business, you'll find it rubbing up against your legs and jumping into your lap. - William Bennett

http://cornedbeefhash.files.wordpres...arcelona08.jpg
the cat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote