Australian open 2008 - Page 49 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 5th, 2008, 10:29 PM   #721
country flag Dan23

Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Come on Dan23 give us the story...

Quote:
Originally Posted by xan View Post
You have it lucky there.

I'll have to have another look at my recording. Luckily the BBC covered that match!

Yes. I hate not being able to do anything to affect the match that you get watching on TV. And you don't get such a feel for the pace of the play, and how fast the players move.
Why not make the trip for AO 2009! We are looking for others to come join us for a fun filled 2 weeks of stuffing around in Melbourne If things go as well as the last 2 years then Maria playing well into the 2nd week is guaranteed!

Quote:
Someone will have to make up a chant for Maria fans like the one the Serbian supporters have (That "Come on Ana, Come on.")
Yeah I think thats a good idea....then we'll be recognisable to other fans

Quote:
One other question. Were you close to Yuri, Michael and the team?
In the final we werent that close to Yuri and the boys. We were at the same end of the court but on the other corner. At some of the other matches we were much closer though
pavlyuchenkova

Dan23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 7th, 2008, 03:30 PM   #722
country flag xan

xan has a reputation beyond repute xan has a reputation beyond repute xan has a reputation beyond repute xan has a reputation beyond repute xan has a reputation beyond repute xan has a reputation beyond repute xan has a reputation beyond repute xan has a reputation beyond repute xan has a reputation beyond repute xan has a reputation beyond repute xan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan23 View Post
Why not make the trip for AO 2009! We are looking for others to come join us for a fun filled 2 weeks of stuffing around in Melbourne If things go as well as the last 2 years then Maria playing well into the 2nd week is guaranteed!
Nice idea but I hate flying! - and 20 hours in a plane!!!

Quote:
In the final we werent that close to Yuri and the boys. We were at the same end of the court but on the other corner. At some of the other matches we were much closer though
Any inside information?

Official Hitman of the Maria Mafia
xan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12th, 2008, 07:46 AM   #723
country flag waratahsrock

waratahsrock has a reputation beyond repute waratahsrock has a reputation beyond repute waratahsrock has a reputation beyond repute waratahsrock has a reputation beyond repute waratahsrock has a reputation beyond repute waratahsrock has a reputation beyond repute waratahsrock has a reputation beyond repute waratahsrock has a reputation beyond repute waratahsrock has a reputation beyond repute waratahsrock has a reputation beyond repute waratahsrock has a reputation beyond repute

That is a very good account of that magical day Dan

I think we need to add on in the beginning...

After Maria had just dispatched of Jankovic in the SF (Dan was home in Perth, and i was on holiday in Asia) we were talking on msn and after some persuasion we both decided that we would regret it if we missed seeing Maria win the title. So between us we forked out over $2,500 and jumped on flights within 12 hours to get to Melbourne in a rush!

I think Dan summed up how it felt during the match - i've never ever been so damn nervous in my life!

on match point we jumped up and high fived and celebrated like crazy. Bloody marvelous moment. After being there thru all the heartbreak from 2005 onwards, that moment made it all worthwhile.

In conclusion. It is your duty as Maria fans to make it down under to Melbourne and join the fun next year.
waratahsrock is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12th, 2008, 04:07 PM   #724
country flag xan

xan has a reputation beyond repute xan has a reputation beyond repute xan has a reputation beyond repute xan has a reputation beyond repute xan has a reputation beyond repute xan has a reputation beyond repute xan has a reputation beyond repute xan has a reputation beyond repute xan has a reputation beyond repute xan has a reputation beyond repute xan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by waratahsrock View Post
That is a very good account of that magical day Dan

I think we need to add on in the beginning...

After Maria had just dispatched of Jankovic in the SF (Dan was home in Perth, and i was on holiday in Asia) we were talking on msn and after some persuasion we both decided that we would regret it if we missed seeing Maria win the title. So between us we forked out over $2,500 and jumped on flights within 12 hours to get to Melbourne in a rush!

I think Dan summed up how it felt during the match - i've never ever been so damn nervous in my life!

on match point we jumped up and high fived and celebrated like crazy. Bloody marvelous moment. After being there thru all the heartbreak from 2005 onwards, that moment made it all worthwhile.

In conclusion. It is your duty as Maria fans to make it down under to Melbourne and join the fun next year.
There has to be a solid guarantee of a Maria win.

Official Hitman of the Maria Mafia
xan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12th, 2008, 10:10 PM   #725
country flag Dan23

Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute

Of the 4 slams Maria has her best record at the AO So all things equal shes quite likely to be still playing late in the 2nd week in 2009
If flying is an issue then stay a night or 2 in Singapore, Bangkok or Dubai on the way....break the flights up
pavlyuchenkova

Dan23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15th, 2008, 10:31 AM   #726
country flag Maximus

Maximus is just really nice Maximus is just really nice Maximus is just really nice Maximus is just really nice Maximus is just really nice Maximus is just really nice Maximus is just really nice Maximus is just really nice Maximus is just really nice Maximus is just really nice Maximus is just really nice
Re: Australian open 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by markspot View Post
I am Ana's fan too, ever since I saw her playing so amazingly in Zurich in 2004 against Tati and Venus.
And of course she does not make those shoe sounds deliberately.
But those screeching sounds go right through every fiber of my body, even watching on tv it is a very painful torture to me (I like to have the sound really loud, so that it feels like I'm right there in the stands, I also like to switch the commentary audio stream off, if possible, to have only the background sounds).
Maria's grunting, on the other hand, does not have any painful frequencies, it is harmless, pleasant and reassuring if anything, without it I get worried, and it is no louder than the one Venus or Serena make, just identical.
Anyway, the louder the better, I turn even more volume to enjoy the reality of the match.
Somebody said she does it deliberately like the other players to hide the sound of the ball hitting the racquet's strings.
Maximus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15th, 2008, 04:24 PM   #727
country flag slamchamp

slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute

ok, I also thought she did it on purpuse, but it seems she canged her shoes or something in the final , I didn't hear any sound. So maybe it wasn't deliberatily.Anyway she was never the player I cheered for, of course one of the reason is because she defeated Maria at the FO . And also those articles like "move over maria, ana is here" lol. I know, I know she doesn't have much to do with it but i can't help it

URUGUAY
slamchamp is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 05:15 AM   #728
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

Bump! Even if I never read anything in here.
Trih is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 01:39 PM   #729
country flag domon17th

domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future

I still remember this tournament and these old posters like yesterday

But yea, we can't reverse time, and surely Maria is working hard to get back to this form. She's a tough one.
domon17th is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 06:10 PM   #730
country flag heelsrule1988

heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all

http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost....&postcount=561

Have I really been here that long?
heelsrule1988 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2013, 01:32 PM   #731
country flag domon17th

domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future

Yep
Me too

Let's not even start from the days where I lurked here before joining
domon17th is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote