Angie Kerber has overstressed spinal discs => OUT of Fed Cup against France - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 24th, 2013, 02:28 PM   #16
country flag Schnffy

Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of
Re: Angie Kerber has overstressed spinal discs => Intensive rehab program before FC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
How serious is this? Because from what it sounds you wouldn't give her a prayer of making Fed Cup 100% fit. But the fact Fed Cup is mentioned makes it sound not that serious.
rittner said: "this is a very serious thing. for now, we're waiting until beginning, middle of next week how the injury develops with the prescribed rest. at the moment we can only hope and let angie be treated."
Advertisement

Old Jan 24th, 2013, 02:29 PM   #17
country flag Schnffy

Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of
Re: Angie Kerber has overstressed spinal discs => Intensive rehab program before FC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenas warriors View Post
Angie- hopefully the rehab does the trick.

Dont play Fed Cup. The others should be handle things- if not then who cares!!
yep
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 02:40 PM   #18
country flag Melange

Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute

Get Well!
Melange is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 02:43 PM   #19
country flag Wiggly

Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute

A very physical gamestyle isn't suitable in the long term with these sloOOOoooOOw courts.
Wiggly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 02:44 PM   #20
country flag Drimal

Drimal has a reputation beyond repute Drimal has a reputation beyond repute Drimal has a reputation beyond repute Drimal has a reputation beyond repute Drimal has a reputation beyond repute Drimal has a reputation beyond repute Drimal has a reputation beyond repute Drimal has a reputation beyond repute Drimal has a reputation beyond repute Drimal has a reputation beyond repute Drimal has a reputation beyond repute

Get well soon Angie.
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 02:54 PM   #21
LefandePatty

LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute

Hasn't Safina retire from the Tour for a similar problem?
LefandePatty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 03:03 PM   #22
country flag crazillo

crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by I.Luv.Kvitty View Post
Oh no Angie

I thought she might be able to defend her title in Paris

Please rest (do you the world of good) and get better real soon. Don't come back too early
Angie is not defending her Paris title anyways.

Hope she can recover. If Bartoli really plays FC for France and Kerber is not part of the team, I can see another loss for Germany.
"There is a saying that there is no friendship in tennis, but I've proven the opposite. After all of them are here, it means that there is friendship and I want to thank them for being here tonight. I hope the fans are happy too."

My blog about my semester spent in China (bilingual in both German and English):
http://crazillo.jimdo.com! Please feel free to make comments!!
crazillo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 03:18 PM   #23
country flag *O.R*

*O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute

Not a fan of her attitude at times, but this is terrible news for her. She's a great player, hoping she recovers really soon.

Petrova / Stosur / Kuznetsova / Kanepi / Rybarikova / Makarova / Hradecka / K.Bondarenko / Sharapova / Vesnina / Hantuchova / Flipkens / Jankovic / Govortsova / Krajicek / Martic / Lucic / Cetkovska / Rezai / Peer / Begu / Dulgheru / Arvidsson / Larsson / Hercog / Mattek-Sands / Scheepers / Pliskovas / Peng / Minella / Puchkova / Voegele
*O.R* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 03:20 PM   #24
country flag alex.2812

alex.2812 has much to be proud of alex.2812 has much to be proud of alex.2812 has much to be proud of alex.2812 has much to be proud of alex.2812 has much to be proud of alex.2812 has much to be proud of alex.2812 has much to be proud of alex.2812 has much to be proud of alex.2812 has much to be proud of alex.2812 has much to be proud of alex.2812 has much to be proud of

I'm not surprised. She's playing too much and her game is very physical. She won't be in the top 10 by the end of the year.
alex.2812 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 03:20 PM   #25
country flag StoneRose

StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute

Not so good. Better not play FC with that, it's not worth it.
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 04:15 PM   #26
country flag Beat

Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute

so sorry for kerber but honestly it was just a matter of time before something like this happened, considering the amount of matches she's been playing and her demanding style.

Beat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 04:47 PM   #27
country flag JarkaFish
Multiform

JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future

JarkaFish is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 06:38 PM   #28
country flag sxeraserhead

sxeraserhead is a name known to all sxeraserhead is a name known to all sxeraserhead is a name known to all sxeraserhead is a name known to all sxeraserhead is a name known to all sxeraserhead is a name known to all sxeraserhead is a name known to all sxeraserhead is a name known to all sxeraserhead is a name known to all sxeraserhead is a name known to all sxeraserhead is a name known to all

She had a grueling year last year, especially in the first half of the year when she was shooting up the rankings in lots of smaller tournaments, and then adding that on top of the top player's schedule... she went deep in almost every tournament, too. Needs lighter scheduling especially with her playstyle as others have mentioned...
sxeraserhead is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 11:44 PM   #29
edificio

edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute

This does explain a little bit her 2013 play. She definitely hasn't been as dogged in her matches as we were used to. If your spinal disks are overstressed, what does "intensive rehab" mean? Poor girl.
edificio is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 11:57 PM   #30
country flag Womp Up The Jamz

Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future
Such a strenuous game its not too shocking she's had some issues. Hopefully she can get 100% and get a real shot at defending her 2012.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Womp Up The Jamz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote