AO 2013: The Bridesmaid-Bride Double. The Sequel. - Page 158 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 24th, 2013, 09:02 PM   #2356
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute
Re: AO 2013: The Bridesmaid-Bride Double. The Sequel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abuttons View Post
Maria got (almost) everything wrong today: attitude, shots, tactics (speaking of which: I'm not for sure a big tennis expert, but seriously somebody thought that hitting at Li in the middle of the court would give her trouble? But Maria's game is most effective when she opens up the court and forces the opponent in constant recover, or am I wrong?). It's a pity that over the past year or so she seems to chose (involuntarily, of course) key matches at major tournaments to do that. She had a few too many of these and I can only hope she manages to fix whatever the problem is.....
Now it's time to move on, Maria is still well equipped to win tournaments, I trust this will happen again soon.
I agree, just take the start of 2012 as a prime example - outplayed in the final and went on to sweep red clay season - win a slam (completing her career slam) reached olympic final (regardless of the scoreline she won a silver medal) and reached the YEC final winning more than 4 games vs rena

I have ABSOLUTELY no worries for Masha this year
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 24th, 2013, 09:14 PM   #2357
country flag JamieOwen3

JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute

How embarrassing

Maria Sharapova Venus & Serena Martina Hingis Anna Kournikova Monica Seles Ana Ivanovic Victoria Azarenka Jelena Dokic Laura Robson Eugenie Bouchard Heather Watson Elena Baltacha R.I.P Petra Kvitova Donna Vekic

Official Siberian Death Stare Of The Maria Mafia
Andy Murray 2013 Wimbledon Champion. @TheGrandSlams
JamieOwen3 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 09:16 PM   #2358
country flag Craig.
MA5HA

Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute

Girl needs to stop getting thrashed by any decent player she meets. All I'm asking.

I know Mexicola's post was somewhat harsh, but I do agree with some of it to some extent. I too tend to question her talent at times.
Craig. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 09:32 PM   #2359
country flag Kitten63

Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig. View Post
Girl needs to stop getting thrashed by any decent player she meets. All I'm asking.

I know Mexicola's post was somewhat harsh, but I do agree with some of it to some extent. I too tend to question her talent at times.
Yep. It's becoming incredibly frustrating to watch her lose so many of these big matches. I have no doubt she will bounce back though,she always does.

Anna Chakvetadze Petra Kvitova Jelena Jankovic Nicole Vaidisova Svetlana Kuznetsova Dinara Safina Elena Dementieva Vera Zvonereva Nadia Petrova Marion Bartoli Samantha Stosur

0663...Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Federer Gasquet Djokovic Youzhny Berdych Ancic Soderling
Kitten63 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 10:18 PM   #2360
country flag MM_1257

MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of

Maria reached quite a peak in 2012 after her shoulder surgery, but never managed to get that mental edge that is needed to win tournaments; 2012 was a great year because of the Slam and silver medal and RU in YEC, but at the same time; she played and lost so many finals! She needs to work on not just how to be consistent but how to win! And needs to sort out the HC game ASAP. 80% of the season is on HC.
On the other side; last year she reached a peak, a small downfall is expected sooner or later.
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 11:04 PM   #2361
country flag Lachy
ICE QUEENS.

Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Break My Rapture View Post
Why do you take so much solace in the fact that Azarenka isn't liked by crowds? You should focus more on Maria. They didn't even play each other in this tournament.

Anyway I think Jack89 might have made a good point about Maria spending too much energy and focus on the Venus match. It was absolutely unecessary to peak for that match, because Venus wasn't playing up to snuff at all and Maria could've just scraped past her in straights ala Rome 2012. Perhaps the two double bagels and demolition of Venus somewhat deluded herself and us (a lot of people were quick to preach the rebirth of the '08 AO steamroller form) into thinking that she was going to go on a streak of good play long enough to win this tournament (especially with Serena bombing out to Stephens). The calibre of players she's had to face though didn't prepare her at all for Li's good play, the way she played Maria today actually reminded me a bit of how Azarenka plays Maria, just with more firepower and less patience. I must say that the prospect of Rodriguez being on Li's side makes me anxious about their meetings to come.
Just take comfort in the fact that if she wins the tournament it wasn't done cleanly.

Rodriguez coached Henin and Maria played some of her best matches in her career against her with him coaching. Not sure we even need to deconstruct this match quite to the extent you have because it was visible that Maria was just having a bad day. Missing conventional, routine groundstrokes...wouldn't even matter who was on the other side of the net. Coupled with consistent tennis from Li and that was all.
Lachy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2013, 02:37 AM   #2362
country flag SilverSlam
I-G-G-Y

SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lachy View Post
Just take comfort in the fact that if she wins the tournament it wasn't done cleanly.

Rodriguez coached Henin and Maria played some of her best matches in her career against her with him coaching. Not sure we even need to deconstruct this match quite to the extent you have because it was visible that Maria was just having a bad day. Missing conventional, routine groundstrokes...wouldn't even matter who was on the other side of the net. Coupled with consistent tennis from Li and that was all.
Seriously? You're at it again? Last time I checked this isn't the place to bash a player. Take it to fucking GM where you make a mess of yourself as usual. You ask why it is I get annoyed with you, and yet you're bashing a player myself and others like a lot and calling her a fucking cheater?
Old Jan 25th, 2013, 02:46 AM   #2363
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

This is Maria's forum, Vika bashing is more than welcome.

Being serious, he was only responding to a question though.
Old Jan 25th, 2013, 03:09 AM   #2364
country flag aussiesharapova

aussiesharapova has a reputation beyond repute aussiesharapova has a reputation beyond repute aussiesharapova has a reputation beyond repute aussiesharapova has a reputation beyond repute aussiesharapova has a reputation beyond repute aussiesharapova has a reputation beyond repute aussiesharapova has a reputation beyond repute aussiesharapova has a reputation beyond repute aussiesharapova has a reputation beyond repute aussiesharapova has a reputation beyond repute aussiesharapova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asherahpova View Post
This is Maria's forum, Vika bashing is more than welcome.
Q. Thai girl.
JJ: Tiger?
Q. Tanasugarn.
« ᴠɪsɪᴛ ᴍʏ ʙʟᴏɢ ғᴏʀ ᴀʟʟ ᴍʏ ᴍᴀᴛᴄʜ ʜɪɢʜʟɪɢʜᴛs !! - тwιттᴇʀ »
aussiesharapova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2013, 03:15 AM   #2365
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lachy View Post
I think you're a little bit overreacting ... I don't think Vika did the best out there, but calling her a cheater or winning the tournament "not cleanly" is a little too much imho..
(PERSONAL OPINION: she knew she already was lucky not to face Serena and she also knew she wouldn't have to face Maria in the F, hence *PANIC* because of the pressure )
I think she chose to take the MTO because probably she was actually feeling somehow "sick", I experienced a similar thing a couple years ago, I had a sort of "panic" one night feeling a pain in my chest and the more I was afraid I was having a heart attack or something, the more the pain kept going on... I ended up in the emergency repartment of the hospital and being tested, after all I was just having a pain in my stomach and the panic and the fear made the rest..
The thing that made everything become a drama is the answer she gave in the interview, she sounded like she took the MTO to calm down...
Trih is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2013, 10:33 AM   #2366
country flag Mr.Sharapova

Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILAS View Post
pretty simple for me..
ugly dress, ugly tournament.
You're my new favorite poster .
Mr.Sharapova is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2013, 10:33 AM   #2367
C. Drone
CFO

C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSlam View Post
Seriously? You're at it again? Last time I checked this isn't the place to bash a player. Take it to fucking GM where you make a mess of yourself as usual. You ask why it is I get annoyed with you, and yet you're bashing a player myself and others like a lot and calling her a fucking cheater?

Azarenka is a cancer, a pest.
Old Jan 25th, 2013, 10:37 AM   #2368
country flag Mr.Sharapova

Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavstry. View Post

Azarenka is a cancer, a pest.

This. We don't need another person around here praising Vika . Pieter was enough.

To everyone who feels praising Vika on here
Mr.Sharapova is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2013, 12:47 PM   #2369
country flag Icky80

Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig. View Post

But hasn't it long been established that her abilities are limited? When an opponent with power is on she pretty much always loses. However, I think she could have managed to win this SF. Had she altered her strategy and came into the second set with a different attitude she could have gotten it done.
Icky80 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2013, 01:06 PM   #2370
country flag Lachy
ICE QUEENS.

Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSlam View Post

What.the.fuck?

Not that your messy ass post even warrants a response but I never said she cheated. I said and argued that it was disgusting sportsmanship. Hence why I said she wont win cleanly.
Lachy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote