Who had a bigger anxiety attack? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 24th, 2013, 04:41 PM   #1
country flag netphobia

netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold
Who had a bigger anxiety attack?

Victoria Azarenka or the journalists?

Good article.

The difference in the questions she was asked vs. the questions that Serena/Novak were asked is revolting. Do you feel you owe an apology to Sloane? Good lord.
petra

maria
domi • sveta • sam • katia • lena • alla • petko
netphobia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 24th, 2013, 06:20 PM   #2
country flag bobito
Tennis 'toonist

bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Who had a bigger anxiety attack?

Quote:
Originally Posted by netphobia View Post
Good article.
No not really.

Quote:
The anxiety attack. The player says she was scared, because she couldn't breathe. She meant choking in medical term, not in tennis-fan term. She had her rib unlocked, outside of the court, since she had to get undressed.
What she said was "Well, I almost did the choke of the year. At 5-3, having so many chances I couldn't close it out." She used the term "choke" in relation to the stage of the match and her inability to close it out.
bobito is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 06:23 PM   #3
country flag KournikovaFan91
*Sesil*

KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute

At the difference in questions.

The media are bitter bitches who've hated Azarenka cause she grunts and doesn't give them the candy coated shit sound bites wanna hear.
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 06:28 PM   #4
Olórin

Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KournikovaFan91 View Post
At the difference in questions.

The media are bitter bitches who've hated Azarenka cause she grunts and doesn't give them the candy coated shit sound bites wanna hear.
Whatever people think about her game and on court attitude I've noticed that she always explains herself very thoroughly in interviews - usually in a long sentence that you can't readily split for sound bites.

Most of the journalists don't like her because she comes across as more intelligent than they do. A lot of the other players let the journalists drag them down with their inane and boring questions.
Olórin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 06:31 PM   #5
country flag Sergius

Sergius has a reputation beyond repute Sergius has a reputation beyond repute Sergius has a reputation beyond repute Sergius has a reputation beyond repute Sergius has a reputation beyond repute Sergius has a reputation beyond repute Sergius has a reputation beyond repute Sergius has a reputation beyond repute Sergius has a reputation beyond repute Sergius has a reputation beyond repute Sergius has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobito View Post
No not really.

What she said was "Well, I almost did the choke of the year. At 5-3, having so many chances I couldn't close it out." She used the term "choke" in relation to the stage of the match and her inability to close it out.
She wanted to play on words, don't ya think? She often tries to be funny
Sergius is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 06:31 PM   #6
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Shame to see that this kind of reporting is done by a small website instead of other big media outlets.

This is not really a tennis issue but a problem with the media being sensationalist and having no standards whatsoever anymore, especially in the USA.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 06:38 PM   #7
country flag Balltossovic
Excitement Control Officer of Anapolis

Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olórin View Post
Whatever people think about her game and on court attitude I've noticed that she always explains herself very thoroughly in interviews - usually in a long sentence that you can't readily split for sound bites.

Most of the journalists don't like her because she comes across as more intelligent than they do. A lot of the other players let the journalists drag them down with their inane and boring questions.
Very good point. I never thought of it that way.

We'll Always Have 08

Ana~*~Vika~*~Serena~*~Aga~*~Sveta~*~Andrea~*~Petra
Balltossovic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 08:52 PM   #8
country flag netphobia

netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold

But really, though. Serena and Novak take long MTOs in big matches (some in finals) and they get asked, "How did you find the strength to come back from your injury?" Vika takes a MTO when she's actually up in a match and she's crucified for it and is actually asked if she thinks she ought to apologize to her opponent. Vika's injury/retirement record aside that's really a disrespectful thing to say.

()

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobito
She misunderstood the question. She was asked what happened at the end of the match and thought she was being asked, what happened in relation to her game – not her physical status.
petra

maria
domi • sveta • sam • katia • lena • alla • petko
netphobia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 09:08 PM   #9
country flag Raiden

Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by netphobia View Post
Victoria Azarenka or the journalists?

Good article.

The difference in the questions she was asked vs. the questions that Serena/Novak were asked is revolting. Do you feel you owe an apology to Sloane? Good lord.
Amazing list of Q&A examples there (further down the article).
Raiden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 09:16 PM   #10
country flag KarlyM*

KarlyM* is a splendid one to behold KarlyM* is a splendid one to behold KarlyM* is a splendid one to behold KarlyM* is a splendid one to behold KarlyM* is a splendid one to behold KarlyM* is a splendid one to behold KarlyM* is a splendid one to behold KarlyM* is a splendid one to behold KarlyM* is a splendid one to behold KarlyM* is a splendid one to behold KarlyM* is a splendid one to behold

I think the problem here is that the media isn't being consistent with asking critical questions about questionable MTOs. Vika deserved to be asked most of those questions (at least not as harsh), but so do other players in the same situation.

Last edited by KarlyM* : Jan 24th, 2013 at 09:37 PM.
KarlyM* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote