AO 2013: The Bridesmaid-Bride Double. The Sequel. - Page 157 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 24th, 2013, 06:01 PM   #2341
country flag ServeCaspian

ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute
Re: AO 2013: The Bridesmaid-Bride Double. The Sequel.

Still gutted, it was hers to lose.

I wouldn't be annoyed if Li had played her usual game of trying to outhit Maria, because when she does that she can outhit anyone á la Rome before the choke. What has me gutted is that Li played high % which as shit as Maria played still allowed her more than ample opportunities to take most of the games. It's that Maria didn't mentally turn up that has me disappointed, didn't hear a C'MON! once and any fistpumps were only half fistpumps after staring at the line for a while to make sure it was good, no confidence whatsoever.

I have to compliment Li though, the intelligent tactics really worked against Maria in that form and she has to be commended for not resulting to bashing UEs. The only thing that concerns me is the long term success of these tactics, as I said Maria had lots of opportunities in that match. If she had have been on I'm not sure Li's play would have worked very well.
Advertisement

Old Jan 24th, 2013, 06:07 PM   #2342
country flag Fighterpova

Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future

Lethal Laura just called me a 'fucking bitch' and a 'pressed hater-bitch' in a bad rep

Some people need to grow up
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 06:09 PM   #2343
country flag MM_1257

MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of

TBH I am disappointed. I didn't watch but didn't expect such a beating... Is she going back to the period when Li Na took the better of her? And now we have Li, Serena, Vika... who else??
AnaIvanovic (breakin my heart all the time), Sharapova, Zvonareva, Kuznetsova, Safina, Makiri, Vika, Schiavone (proud of her fighting spirit), W sisters, Petko, Goerges, Alex Krunic (counting on you 2)
ROGER FEDERER,RAFA NADAL, Delpo, Spanish Armada
MM_1257 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 06:11 PM   #2344
country flag Fighterpova

Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future

Ok, not to go to extremes, but I think all these haters would only be happy if Maria somehow died

Even then she would probably get hate, I can imagine Sgt.Shittykinz opening a thread about conspiracy theories
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 06:14 PM   #2345
country flag RenaPova

RenaPova has a brilliant future RenaPova has a brilliant future RenaPova has a brilliant future RenaPova has a brilliant future RenaPova has a brilliant future RenaPova has a brilliant future RenaPova has a brilliant future RenaPova has a brilliant future RenaPova has a brilliant future RenaPova has a brilliant future RenaPova has a brilliant future

Maria....

After Serena lost, this tournament was hers for the taking.

I hope Na beats Vika. Not here for Vika getting her 2nd slam.
RenaPova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 06:25 PM   #2346
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM_1257 View Post
TBH I am disappointed. I didn't watch but didn't expect such a beating... Is she going back to the period when Li Na took the better of her? And now we have Li, Serena, Vika... who else??
Well, I like Na as much as Maria. So while I was disappointed for Masha I was also happy for Li. But I admit that the only thing I'm disappointed about is the margin of Li's win. If it had been a competitive match with both playing at or near their best it would have been a case of, "ok, both were good, but someone has to win in the end. This time it was Na, perhaps next time it will be Maria." But the disappointing thing from Maria's perspective is that Li played her best tennis in the matches where it mattered most (against Aga and Maria) while Maria played her best tennis against non-contenders while she played by her standards pretty poorly towards the business end of the tournament. Despite the convincing score she was already less impressive against Makarova than in earlier rounds while Li Na totally outplayed her.

Caroline Wozniacki

Maria Sharapova, Li Na, Agnieszka Radwanska, Sorana Cirstea

Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 06:27 PM   #2347
country flag PimpMePova

PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asherahpova View Post
Still gutted, it was hers to lose.

I wouldn't be annoyed if Li had played her usual game of trying to outhit Maria, because when she does that she can outhit anyone á la Rome before the choke. What has me gutted is that Li played high % which as shit as Maria played still allowed her more than ample opportunities to take most of the games. It's that Maria didn't mentally turn up that has me disappointed, didn't hear a C'MON! once and any fistpumps were only half fistpumps after staring at the line for a while to make sure it was good, no confidence whatsoever.
This so much but I don't understand why she lacked the confidence and mental determination she was the favourite going into the match and had a really solid week She should have used that to get herself pumped I think that even if both players played the same way but Maria was there mentally this would have gone to a third and it definitely would have been more competitive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
I think Maria is VERY respected by the tennis world as a whole. She's perhaps not respected by everyone on internet tennis boards, but frankly, who is??? If anything, 'hate' is a sign of respect on tennis boards. As soon as the hate stops it's usually a sign that you're 'no longer relevant.'

As for Maria's loss - well, Li Na is at her best a great player with wins against anyone. Losing is inevitably part of any players career, no matter how great she is. Nobody can win 'em all. But if you win enough like Maria has done everyone that matters will consider you one of the best of your era. Don't worry, if Maria would stop playing today she's already done enough to earn her place in history. But she has several, possibly even many more years to try and add to her already impressive list of achievements. And let's not forget that making a slam semi isn't too shabby but an achievement in itself.
Also Chrissie-fan it's nice to have someone more positive and sensible everyone including me has been so pessimistic, your post made me feel a bit better and sort of hopeful
PimpMePova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 06:33 PM   #2348
country flag MM_1257

MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
while Maria played her best tennis against non-contenders while she played by her standards pretty poorly towards the business end of the tournament. Despite the convincing score she was already less impressive against Makarova than in earlier rounds while Li Na totally outplayed her.
This is what worries me! And this pattern is there in her for quite some years now.
AnaIvanovic (breakin my heart all the time), Sharapova, Zvonareva, Kuznetsova, Safina, Makiri, Vika, Schiavone (proud of her fighting spirit), W sisters, Petko, Goerges, Alex Krunic (counting on you 2)
ROGER FEDERER,RAFA NADAL, Delpo, Spanish Armada
MM_1257 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 06:37 PM   #2349
country flag Silas
Unattractive inside

Silas has a brilliant future Silas has a brilliant future Silas has a brilliant future Silas has a brilliant future Silas has a brilliant future Silas has a brilliant future Silas has a brilliant future Silas has a brilliant future Silas has a brilliant future Silas has a brilliant future Silas has a brilliant future

pretty simple for me..
ugly dress, ugly tournament.
Silas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 06:46 PM   #2350
country flag BadgerM

BadgerM is a name known to all BadgerM is a name known to all BadgerM is a name known to all BadgerM is a name known to all BadgerM is a name known to all BadgerM is a name known to all BadgerM is a name known to all BadgerM is a name known to all BadgerM is a name known to all BadgerM is a name known to all BadgerM is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILAS View Post
pretty simple for me..
ugly dress, ugly tournament.
LOL. Yep. Posted something similar last night. I thought it had been established that she needs to be in white or black to win a slam (damn Nike sabotaging Masha while trying to make Na/Fooka happen). Obviously that cosmic pattern takes precedence over this whole bridesmaid-bride pattern since she bombed out at Wimbly last year too.
BadgerM is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 06:50 PM   #2351
country flag JamieOwen3

JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute

Cheer up everyone. Lets do whatever this bitch is doing

Maria Sharapova Venus & Serena Martina Hingis Anna Kournikova Monica Seles Ana Ivanovic Victoria Azarenka Jelena Dokic Laura Robson Eugenie Bouchard Heather Watson Marion Bartoli Petra Kvitova Donna Vekic

Official Siberian Death Stare Of The Maria Mafia
Andy Murray 2013 Wimbledon Champion. @TheGrandSlams
JamieOwen3 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 08:26 PM   #2352
country flag slamchamp

slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute

Just like last year Maria peaks in the first rounds Maybe she should start slow and not tire herself trying to play her best against scrubs?
you should support a good player and not a stinking cheat with an attitude problem
slamchamp is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 08:44 PM   #2353
country flag Samsuin

Samsuin is a name known to all Samsuin is a name known to all Samsuin is a name known to all Samsuin is a name known to all Samsuin is a name known to all Samsuin is a name known to all Samsuin is a name known to all Samsuin is a name known to all Samsuin is a name known to all Samsuin is a name known to all Samsuin is a name known to all

I don't think a SF is that bad.
I have a huge respect for her and how she always fought back. There aren't that many players in history with 4 GS, and even less with a career-GS.
Before the match i had hope .. anyway, it goes on.
Who cares about that SF in a year ..and who in two?
She is 25, look at Li, Maria can win some more titles.
Samsuin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 08:46 PM   #2354
Хлоэ
God gave us Rock'n'Roll

Хлоэ has a reputation beyond repute Хлоэ has a reputation beyond repute Хлоэ has a reputation beyond repute Хлоэ has a reputation beyond repute Хлоэ has a reputation beyond repute Хлоэ has a reputation beyond repute Хлоэ has a reputation beyond repute Хлоэ has a reputation beyond repute Хлоэ has a reputation beyond repute Хлоэ has a reputation beyond repute Хлоэ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieOwen3 View Post
Cheer up everyone. Lets do whatever this bitch is doing

wtf is she doing
Хлоэ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 08:50 PM   #2355
country flag Abuttons

Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold

Maria got (almost) everything wrong today: attitude, shots, tactics (speaking of which: I'm not for sure a big tennis expert, but seriously somebody thought that hitting at Li in the middle of the court would give her trouble? But Maria's game is most effective when she opens up the court and forces the opponent in constant recover, or am I wrong?). It's a pity that over the past year or so she seems to chose (involuntarily, of course) key matches at major tournaments to do that. She had a few too many of these and I can only hope she manages to fix whatever the problem is.....
Now it's time to move on, Maria is still well equipped to win tournaments, I trust this will happen again soon.
Abuttons is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote