*Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4. - Page 53 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jan 24th, 2013, 12:01 PM   #781
country flag StoneRose

StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lupojohn View Post
Well, how would someone know if she really had an injury or was using the MTO to stall? Almost impossible to tell.
True. Vika fans claim injury, haters claim gamesmanship. Always a lot of drama. I'm not so sure what happened this time, nerves or a real problem. Don't care that much either. Not that i like strategical MTO's very much but players should be able to handle this, it's sort of part of the game.
Advertisement

Old Jan 24th, 2013, 01:28 PM   #782
country flag Exordes

Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute

I think that the problems in the match started when Vika had 4-2 lead in the second set and she was serving but suddenly she made two doublefaults in row. It gave an advantage and a relatively easy break for Sloane. Before the much talked medical timeout Vika has already had 5 match points in 5-3 situation. After Vika came back to the court Sloane still had her own serve left and a chance to equalize the second set to 5-5. So I don´t think it was unfair to Sloane that Vika took a timeout for her more or less serious physical condition.

About this question of injuries I haven´t doubt that e.g. Serena Williams had real injuries in Australian Open or Maria Sharapova faked her injuries in Brisbane. I don´t play tennis myself, but I run on a regular basis, and I have learnt to listen to my body to avoid serious injuries in legs and other body parts. Surely professional athletes like Victoria Azarenka has learnt how to avoid to make their injuries worse. A tennisplayer needs at least healthy legs, hands, and lungs.

What comes to those strong reactions that Vika just faked her injuries, I think a large part of criticism comes to those people who would hate Vika no matter what she does. The most common assumption was that Serena Williams beats Vika in semi-final and Maria in final, but that won´t happen this time. Now some people feel frustrated to the result that the actual final is Vika vs. Na Li. Besides Sloane Stephens probably got lot a of sympathy as a Giant Slayer like Laura Robson in US Open 2012.

Finally I think some people don´t always understand Vika´s twisted sense of humour like what she says in her interviews after the match. For instance in French Open 2012 Vika said "I’m going to kill myself" after her loss to Dominika Cibulkova, and then some sport reporters probably expect more neutral answers like "I did the best but it wasn´t enough today" or something like that.

Despite of all that criticism let´s not forget that on Saturday Vika has all the chances to win her second Grand Slam title and as a bonus to remain world No.1..

Last edited by Exordes : Jan 24th, 2013 at 04:18 PM.
Exordes is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 02:58 PM   #783
country flag Igor_Biscan

Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future

I looked up "locked rib" and it sounds exactly as Vika described it post-match, quite scary if it's never happened before

http://www.ellischiro.com/index.php?...-the-shoulders

Fortunately it says the treatment is effective, often immediate, so hopefully it should be okay for saturday as long as it doesn't become a recurring problem.
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 03:02 PM   #784
country flag hurricanejeanne

hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys.

This definitely seems to be blown out of proportion due to Vika being Vika and Sloane being an American. And I hate saying this but why would Vika feel the need to fake a MTO if the match wasn't even close? At 5-4 in the third, yes but not in the second.

I really do feel like everyone who doesn't like her or desperately wanted Sloane to win is on a bloody witch hunt simply because Vika isn't a cookie cutter personality.
hurricanejeanne is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 03:24 PM   #785
country flag Deestruction
Two-timing...

Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural Joe View Post
Ben Rothenberg ‏@BenRothenberg
Sloane mostly adamant that Azarenka's timeout didn't affect her. But said she's never once taken a medical timeout in her career.

Matt Cronin ‏@TennisReporters
Stephens: 'I love Vika , we share same agent, pretty good friends, I’m sure we’ll talk. She should get oxygen tank and figure it out'

It's funny, isn't it? Everybody's bashing Vika but the only person who really has the "right" to do so doesn't.

They share the same agent? Meilen? Didn't know that.
Wow thats very interesting. Thanks for this info. Thats really cool. Well at least we know that Sloane wasnt affected by the MTO.

http://deestruction.tumblr.com/
Deestruction is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 03:27 PM   #786
Two-timing...

Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute

This is why i love Vika. She handles haters. She and the williams sisters are just amazing at that. Vika is drama. Vika is fuckery. Thats what makes her a legend. Shes an awesome player. She earned her spot in the top of the rankings. VIKA IS AN INSPIRING PLAYER.

Old Jan 24th, 2013, 03:29 PM   #787
country flag StoneRose

StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute

Classy from Sloane . And also the right mentality, you need to handle these MTO's , not use them as an excuse for losing a match.
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 03:38 PM   #788
Two-timing...

So true. Very very classy from Sloane.

Old Jan 24th, 2013, 03:39 PM   #789
country flag Vikapower

Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute

OMG I'm sooo happy 3rd straight HC GS F and a great possibility to win second straight Australian Open -- wow, I always secretly believed that Victoria was going to defend her first title in Australia, her best slam/tournament but pretty hard to defend that posture though with the past facts but this is so close, hope Victoria doesn't blow this off. She's got a 100% winning record against Li the past year hope things doesn't change in the F.

P.S. I hope the injury thing isn't too serious though.

Last edited by Vikapower : Jan 24th, 2013 at 03:45 PM.
Vikapower is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 03:39 PM   #790
Break My Rapture
Heaux

Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jajaloo View Post
The doctor was even waiting by the door to come out and treat Vika, but she did not call for him at the change of ends after she twigged her knee. I think she just wanted to wait it out.

Anyway. I hope she is on a 48 hour TOTAL social media and news ban and isn't allowed to read a single thing. She needs to focus on winning this slam. Allez up your fucking ass to all the haters who pounce on her for every little thing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricanejeanne View Post
Thanks guys.

This definitely seems to be blown out of proportion due to Vika being Vika and Sloane being an American. And I hate saying this but why would Vika feel the need to fake a MTO if the match wasn't even close? At 5-4 in the third, yes but not in the second.

I really do feel like everyone who doesn't like her or desperately wanted Sloane to win is on a bloody witch hunt simply because Vika isn't a cookie cutter personality.
THANK YOU. This is just ridiculous. Vika was obviously hampered otherwise she would've closed out that match easily, so 'strategical' MTO my ass. I'm tweeting rants at Cronin and Rothernberg as we speak. And these people are journalists? More like disgraceful windbags.
Break My Rapture is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 04:08 PM   #791
country flag JadeFox

JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Break My Rapture View Post
THANK YOU. This is just ridiculous. Vika was obviously hampered otherwise she would've closed out that match easily, so 'strategical' MTO my ass. I'm tweeting rants at Cronin and Rothernberg as we speak. And these people are journalists? More like disgraceful windbags.
Funnier still I watch this match on ESPN2 and the replay on Tennis Channel and ALL the commentators noticed Vika limping 2-0 in the second set. So they knew something was physically wrong with her, yet they act like she was faking the MTO as a way to fuck with Sloane.

And it's not even a question if they would've reacted the same way if Sloane was a 19 year old Lithuanian instead of American. Of course they wouldn't.

When Daylight's fading,We're gonna play in the dark
Till it's golden again
JadeFox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 04:12 PM   #792
Break My Rapture
Heaux

Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute

And if I'm correct Vika is still the #1 trending topic on Twitter.
Break My Rapture is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 04:13 PM   #793
Two-timing...

Thats not even a surprise.

Old Jan 24th, 2013, 04:24 PM   #794
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute

What's strange is that normally I'd already be nervous as f*ck considering she is going to play one of the most important matches of her career soon but this whole fuss somehow distracts me to a point where I'm not even all that nervous about next match. It's a strange feeling. I mean, hardly anyone is even talking about the fact that she just reached the final of a GS.
Natural Joe is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 04:27 PM   #795
country flag Temperenka
V-I-K-A

Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute

Sloane is very classy in her comments- nice girl.

Win it tomorrow, Vika. Shut the critics down.