Womens Tennis in General - Page 335 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 24th, 2013, 05:12 AM   #5011
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Womens Tennis in General

World #1 choking as if she was barely in the top 100.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 24th, 2013, 05:25 AM   #5012
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Finally. Vika breaks for 6-4 2nd set at Ad Vika from 15-30 to 30-30 to 30-40 to 40-40, her 6th match point.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 09:52 AM   #5013
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Vika against Li Na .. Don't get me wrong, I (almost) couldn't care less and won't be watching, but ... it's sorta cool that neither Serena Williams nor Maria Sharapova made the final

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 09:57 AM   #5014
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
As far as who is left, well, any one of them could win. Sloane is obviously the least likely and I'm not sure how she would handle being in a slam final. For that reason I hope that she doesn't make it. We have seen quite a few Vika/Maria matches over the last two years so I guess I am hoping for Vika/Na. I don'rt recall seeing them play each other before and as far as slam finals go they are kind of similar in terms of experience. Not having a dog in the fight the thing that I am most hopeful for is a competitive three set match. I definitely do not want a repeat of the 2012 final!
I can't exactly claim that I predicted the final but I did get the final that I wanted.

I'll bet Chrissie-fan is very happy today.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 10:24 AM   #5015
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
Vika against Li Na .. Don't get me wrong, I (almost) couldn't care less and won't be watching, but ... it's sorta cool that neither Serena Williams nor Maria Sharapova made the final
I see that your undying love for Sharapova is still here.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 06:32 PM   #5016
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
I can't exactly claim that I predicted the final but I did get the final that I wanted.

I'll bet Chrissie-fan is very happy today.
Well, life doesn't leave much room for me to be happy these days, mate. But yeah, although I like Maria as well and feel a bit sorry for her, I admit that I'm happy that my China girl made the final. Now that she's there I want her to win badly. Come on Na!!!!

Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 06:52 PM   #5017
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Well, life doesn't leave much room for me to be happy these days, mate. But yeah, although I like Maria as well and feel a bit sorry for her, I admit that I'm happy that my China girl made the final. Now that she's there I want her to win badly. Come on Na!!!!
I kept waiting for Na to implode and start spraying errors but it never happened. I'm fairly neutral about who I want to win but this could be Na's last slam final so I guess that I would like to see her win.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 08:20 PM   #5018
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

This is a huge final. Vika can take clear lead of all the players younger than Sharapova with a win.
Li is almost 31, a big final for her too.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2013, 12:24 PM   #5019
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
Me too. I didn't want Serena to walk away with it uinless playing against Pova or Vika. After Serena was knocked out - the next thing I really didn't want was yet another din of a shriekfest from Vika and Pova in the final.

I think Vika will win it now. But I quite like Li. So come on Li and win the final and knock out that shrieker.

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters
terjw is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 07:40 AM   #5020
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Come on Na, let's kick some Belarussian ass!

Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 07:48 AM   #5021
country flag Protoss

Shaky start by Li as she gets broken for 0-1 1st set with an erratic game.
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 07:50 AM   #5022
country flag Protoss

Vika isn't playing much better as she's broken back for 1-1 1st set.
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 10:18 AM   #5023
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Vika only played 1 seed before the final, #29 who has never won a title & was blown away by Vesnina in Hobart.
Now playing an injured Li in the final.

This is why I will always view what Caroline did after the Cibulkova loss at Wimbledon, as a crazy decision. In hardcourt majors Caro was only losing to Kim, Li, Vera, Serena. They're all much older than Caro. Stay with your steady foundation & build on it.
These slam draws were going to start falling apart as top players got older. Dont start slapping forehands all over the place, lose the steady part of your game.
Vika and Aga were very smart to continue to build on the games they had.
Vika is in a situation now that might happen a lot unless a young superstar shows up

Old Jan 26th, 2013, 10:27 AM   #5024
country flag Protoss

Whatever. Li broken for 3-6 3rd set after having a game point at 40-30.

Li was up 30-0 (Azarenka serving) and 40-30 at 3-4 3rd set.

A really awful match.

Li injured both ankles and hit her head on the ground.

So tired of the shots of Redfool.
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 10:42 AM   #5025
country flag goldenlox

Doesnt matter if its an awful match. It makes Vika a multiple slam winner & YE #1 at age 23.
She's already in the Hall of Fame & looks like the best young player on tour, certainly on hardcourt.
Li has improved with Justine's coach, and probably a big threat in Paris, but the current big 3 won the last 5 majors & Olympics.
Almost as dominant as ATP top 3