*Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4. - Page 51 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jan 24th, 2013, 06:12 AM   #751
country flag Patrick345

Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural Joe View Post
I mean Vika broke Sloane seven times in that match and twice in a row before she took the MTO and now people are acting like Sloane lost her last service game only because of that medical break.
The idiots at ESPN should be thankful Vika got injured otherwise their posterchild would have lost 1-6 1-6. The hype they put on poor Stephens for beating virtually nothing, then getting a back/ankle injury and a knee injury gift from Serena/Vika is ridiculous. I really feel for Stephens. Now these idiots will expect her to win Slams and beat healthy elite players, because they can´t and won´t judge the stage of her development and the situation properly. And if she doesn´t deliver soon on these increased expectations, they´ll hammer her as quickly as they pushed her.
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Patrick345 is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 24th, 2013, 06:15 AM   #752
country flag JadeFox

JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh yeah i guess View Post
They should make tennis a sport where you're not allowed to seek medical assistance, you're not allowed to retire from an injury/health problem and you have to play out the rest of the match even if you can't physically move.
I'm so for this. Make this sport real Braveheart shit.

When Daylight's fading,We're gonna play in the dark
Till it's golden again
JadeFox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 06:20 AM   #753
country flag JadeFox

JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick345 View Post
The idiots at ESPN should be thankful Vika got injured otherwise their posterchild would have lost 1-6 1-6. The hype they put on poor Stephens for beating virtually nothing, then getting a back/ankle injury and a knee injury gift from Serena/Vika is ridiculous. I really feel for Stephens. Now these idiots will expect her to win Slams and beat healthy elite players, because they can´t and won´t judge the stage of her development and the situation properly. And if she doesn´t deliver soon on these increased expectations, they´ll hammer her as quickly as they pushed her.

Sloane seems like a real nice girl so I hope she doesn't let the American media hype get to her. Melanie Oudin never backed up her 2009 USO run and I don't think all of the press she got did her no favors.

When Daylight's fading,We're gonna play in the dark
Till it's golden again
JadeFox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 06:21 AM   #754
country flag oh yeah i guess

oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of

Quote:
I assume they're probably going to throw her onto centre court at the USO now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeFox View Post
I'm so for this. Make this sport real Braveheart shit.

To make it even better they should eliminate the few minutes rest at the change of ends.
oh yeah i guess is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 06:22 AM   #755
country flag Christinawww

Christinawww has a brilliant future Christinawww has a brilliant future Christinawww has a brilliant future Christinawww has a brilliant future Christinawww has a brilliant future Christinawww has a brilliant future Christinawww has a brilliant future Christinawww has a brilliant future Christinawww has a brilliant future Christinawww has a brilliant future Christinawww has a brilliant future

I love Vika and all, but that was one bad on-court interview. IMO she was trying to avoid the question being asked, and make a joke on her own behalf, but ended up being totally misunderstood by everyone. I don't blame the haters for attacking her on this interview, because it does seem bad. Vika stop making joke. They might work in your head, but not when they come out of your mouth

Official Defender of Temper Tantrums in Vikaland

Visit http://www.victoriousvika.com for everything on Vika
Christinawww is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 06:22 AM   #756
country flag architennis92

architennis92 is a glorious beacon of light architennis92 is a glorious beacon of light architennis92 is a glorious beacon of light architennis92 is a glorious beacon of light architennis92 is a glorious beacon of light architennis92 is a glorious beacon of light architennis92 is a glorious beacon of light architennis92 is a glorious beacon of light architennis92 is a glorious beacon of light architennis92 is a glorious beacon of light architennis92 is a glorious beacon of light

Just got back from the match don't think I've ever been so nervous in all my life so glad she finished it in 2.
Honestly some people are blind, from my spot in the stadium it was really clear that she was struggling in the heat the last few games. Also her movement was hampered ever since the ankle injury. American press are going to rip her to shreds regardless of the facts which isn't going to be fun.
What's seems to be forgotten is that she's now made 3 of the last 5 slam finals and is the first person the reach the final of the slam they were defending since god knows when. Really scared of Li Na she looked very good today hopefully error na turns up in the final
architennis92 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 06:33 AM   #757

oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of

To compare to now, what was the GM reaction to Vika's fainting back in the AO 4R in 2009?

Quote:
Originally Posted by architennis92 View Post
Just got back from the match don't think I've ever been so nervous in all my life so glad she finished it in 2.
Honestly some people are blind, from my spot in the stadium it was really clear that she was struggling in the heat the last few games. Also her movement was hampered ever since the ankle injury. American press are going to rip her to shreds regardless of the facts which isn't going to be fun.
What's seems to be forgotten is that she's now made 3 of the last 5 slam finals and is the first person the reach the final of the slam they were defending since god knows when. Really scared of Li Na she looked very good today hopefully error na turns up in the final
Did you happen to be one of the people yelling 'Go Victoria!' after/before points?
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 06:39 AM   #758

architennis92 is a glorious beacon of light architennis92 is a glorious beacon of light architennis92 is a glorious beacon of light architennis92 is a glorious beacon of light architennis92 is a glorious beacon of light architennis92 is a glorious beacon of light architennis92 is a glorious beacon of light architennis92 is a glorious beacon of light architennis92 is a glorious beacon of light architennis92 is a glorious beacon of light architennis92 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
To compare to now, what was the GM reaction to Vika's fainting back in the AO 4R in 2009?

Did you happen to be one of the people yelling 'Go Victoria!' after/before points?
Yep was one of about 20 people cheering for her in the stadium with my pathetically small Belarus flag(couldn't find a bigger one). Will be there Saturday to do it all over again she's never lost a match that I've seen live so hopefully the streak goes on.
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 06:44 AM   #759

I didn't think the crowd was that heavily geared towards Sloane. Everyone loves a fairytail story I suppose.
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 06:47 AM   #760
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute

Ben Rothenberg ‏@BenRothenberg
Sloane mostly adamant that Azarenka's timeout didn't affect her. But said she's never once taken a medical timeout in her career.

Matt Cronin ‏@TennisReporters
Stephens: 'I love Vika , we share same agent, pretty good friends, I’m sure we’ll talk. She should get oxygen tank and figure it out'

It's funny, isn't it? Everybody's bashing Vika but the only person who really has the "right" to do so doesn't.

They share the same agent? Meilen? Didn't know that.
Natural Joe is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 06:49 AM   #761
country flag Igor_Biscan

Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future
I think it's Sam Duvall (@samduvall)

Meilen is more like Vika's manager I guess
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 06:49 AM   #762

Quote:
I didn't think the crowd was that heavily geared towards Sloane. Everyone loves a fairytail story I suppose.
Yep was quite painful to be a vika fan in there especially towards the end, the lady next to me kept on bitching to me about vika even though she could clearly tell I was a huge fan
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 06:59 AM   #763
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor_Biscan View Post
I think it's Sam Duvall (@samduvall)

Meilen is more like Vika's manager I guess
Oh, true, forgot about him.
Natural Joe is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 07:19 AM   #764
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

This probably the best sentiment I can find.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
Third HC slam finals in a row...who cares what has-beens (and never-was') have to say.
People (especially the US journo's ramping it up) are just going way overboard with this she should be defaulted crap.
ozza is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 07:33 AM   #765
country flag Igor_Biscan

Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future

Quote:
Nailed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christinawww View Post
I love Vika and all, but that was one bad on-court interview. IMO she was trying to avoid the question being asked, and make a joke on her own behalf, but ended up being totally misunderstood by everyone. I don't blame the haters for attacking her on this interview, because it does seem bad. Vika stop making joke. They might work in your head, but not when they come out of your mouth
Nah, I like her jokes. She has a weird sense of humour and a lot of the time people don't realise she's joking but that's their own problem. Probably this one wasn't a good idea, joking about an injury.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
This probably the best sentiment I can find.

People (especially the US journo's ramping it up) are just going way overboard with this she should be defaulted crap.
Cronin needs to think about his own journalistic ethics before laying into others.