Will Sharapova ever win another slam other than the FO? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Can Maria win another slam other than the FO?

Yes, of course 37 67.27%
No, sadly 18 32.73%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jan 24th, 2013, 06:50 AM   #1
country flag spiritedenergy

spiritedenergy has a reputation beyond repute spiritedenergy has a reputation beyond repute spiritedenergy has a reputation beyond repute spiritedenergy has a reputation beyond repute spiritedenergy has a reputation beyond repute spiritedenergy has a reputation beyond repute spiritedenergy has a reputation beyond repute spiritedenergy has a reputation beyond repute spiritedenergy has a reputation beyond repute spiritedenergy has a reputation beyond repute spiritedenergy has a reputation beyond repute
Will Sharapova ever win another slam other than the FO?

She has so many weaknesses now on hard and grass... her serve can break down, still slow, nerves... On clay she can slug it through but off there, it seems her best days have passed.

Do you agree?

Old Jan 24th, 2013, 06:54 AM   #2
country flag End da Game

End da Game is a glorious beacon of light End da Game is a glorious beacon of light End da Game is a glorious beacon of light End da Game is a glorious beacon of light End da Game is a glorious beacon of light End da Game is a glorious beacon of light End da Game is a glorious beacon of light End da Game is a glorious beacon of light End da Game is a glorious beacon of light End da Game is a glorious beacon of light End da Game is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Will Sharapova ever win another slam other than the FO?

she can, theres no reason why not, I think her performance in every one of her matches in the earlier rounds before today would've gotten her to the final and would've probably been enough to beat azarenka, especially with her peformance against venus in the 3rd round

she served pretty good all week, and then just had this blip today, biazarre
End da Game is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 07:01 AM   #3
faboozadoo15

faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute

Today was a disaster. I'm sure that's the best Li has ever played against her, and she played her worst of the tournament and still had chances in almost every game.
I can't see why she won't be a threat anywhere.
faboozadoo15 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 07:03 AM   #4
ElusiveChanteuse

ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute

WHy not? She can still win slams if she doesn't face a quality opponent in a slam final, like she did in RG'12.
ElusiveChanteuse is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 07:04 AM   #5
country flag doomsday

doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute

Wimbledon final 2011, OZ final and semis 2012 and 2013, FO winner 2012 and semis 2011, USO semis 2012.

Yes she will, and she can win everywhere unlike 99% of the other girls.
doomsday is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 07:13 AM   #6
country flag alexjones

alexjones is a splendid one to behold alexjones is a splendid one to behold alexjones is a splendid one to behold alexjones is a splendid one to behold alexjones is a splendid one to behold alexjones is a splendid one to behold alexjones is a splendid one to behold alexjones is a splendid one to behold alexjones is a splendid one to behold alexjones is a splendid one to behold alexjones is a splendid one to behold

I dunno, this was her big chance since serena was out and she blew it.
alexjones is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 07:15 AM   #7
country flag Annie.

Annie. has a reputation beyond repute Annie. has a reputation beyond repute Annie. has a reputation beyond repute Annie. has a reputation beyond repute Annie. has a reputation beyond repute Annie. has a reputation beyond repute Annie. has a reputation beyond repute Annie. has a reputation beyond repute Annie. has a reputation beyond repute Annie. has a reputation beyond repute Annie. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperfect Angel View Post
WHy not? She can still win slams if she doesn't face a quality opponent in a slam final, like she did in RG'12.
Annie. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 07:33 AM   #8
country flag Pump-it-UP
Senior Stan

Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute

Depends on her draw. I'm sure that at least 1 will open up for her eventually.
Pump-it-UP is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 07:37 AM   #9
country flag ACEof DIAMONDS

ACEof DIAMONDS is a splendid one to behold ACEof DIAMONDS is a splendid one to behold ACEof DIAMONDS is a splendid one to behold ACEof DIAMONDS is a splendid one to behold ACEof DIAMONDS is a splendid one to behold ACEof DIAMONDS is a splendid one to behold ACEof DIAMONDS is a splendid one to behold ACEof DIAMONDS is a splendid one to behold ACEof DIAMONDS is a splendid one to behold ACEof DIAMONDS is a splendid one to behold ACEof DIAMONDS is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pump-it-UP View Post
Depends on her draw. I'm sure that at least 1 will open up for her eventually.
Oh shut the fuck up, your girl couldn't take advantage of one of the easiest draws of all time. Even someone of her caliber on one leg should have made the final. Sharapova has a career slam under her belt, to think she needs the benefit of a draw to win a major is beyond retarded thinking.

Wonder if this forum realizes how many people make fun of it for being full of complete retarded idiots.
ACEof DIAMONDS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 07:38 AM   #10
country flag JarkaFish
Multiform

JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACEof DIAMONDS View Post
Oh shut the fuck up, your girl couldn't take advantage of one of the easiest draws of all time. Even someone of her caliber on one leg should have made the final. Sharapova has a career slam under her belt, to think she needs the benefit of a draw to win a major is beyond retarded thinking.

Wonder if this forum realizes how many people make fun of it for being full of complete retarded idiots.
JarkaFish is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 07:38 AM   #11
country flag Cp6uja

Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute

If she not retire in next 4 years, or not have again some giant problems with injuries - I expecting of Maria another career slam before retirement (at least another title at every of 4 slams).

AMAZING BELGRADE MIRACLE: In just three years (2008-2011) 5 different players born in same city reach world #1 in rankings and several GS titles and finals (WTA singles: Ana Ivanovic and Jelena Jankovic, ATP singles: Novak Djokovic, ATP doubles: Nenad Zimonjic and Daniel Nestor... with notable performances of Bojana Jovanovski, Janko Tipsarevic and Viktor Troicki which is also all three born in Belgrade)
Cp6uja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 08:06 AM   #12
country flag Golan
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

Golan has a reputation beyond repute Golan has a reputation beyond repute Golan has a reputation beyond repute Golan has a reputation beyond repute Golan has a reputation beyond repute Golan has a reputation beyond repute Golan has a reputation beyond repute Golan has a reputation beyond repute Golan has a reputation beyond repute Golan has a reputation beyond repute Golan has a reputation beyond repute

No. FO with Errani in Final was a fluke
Golan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 08:21 AM   #13
country flag Pump-it-UP
Senior Stan

Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

What kinda self read? Maria on two legs can't even get past Azarenka or Kirilenko at this tournament.

She gets mauled in Melbourne by the likes of Serena/Azarenka/Li even when she's supposedly playing well in the lead up. She's reduced to spectator status whenever she plays anyone with pace on a grass court. She's struggled at the US Open against EVERY SEED she's played since she won the title 6.5 years ago. Where has her career silver slam helped her? She's scored 1 top 10 win at a non-RG slam since the won the Australian Open 5 years ago, and you're telling me that she doesn't need the help of a draw? Get real.

+1 for your ironic use of "complete retarded idiots," btw.
Pump-it-UP is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 08:24 AM   #14
bandabou

bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

And what's your gir's excuse? Still waiting for that second title at any of the majors.

Today Maria just wasn't getting enough out of her serve. Makes it tough for her.
She'll always go deep in tournaments ( much like in her Semi-Pova days) but it seems there's always somebody who is either just plain better than her or having a super day like Li did today.
Serena Williams: Greatest African-American tennisplayer in history
18 majors:5256

Official Prince of the Royal Court
bandabou is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 08:41 AM   #15
country flag young_gunner913
Praise thy name.

young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Damn you mad huh?