Laura Robson: The Silver Medal Years 2012- - Page 80 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 01:18 PM   #1186
country flag lovethegame

lovethegame is a glorious beacon of light lovethegame is a glorious beacon of light lovethegame is a glorious beacon of light lovethegame is a glorious beacon of light lovethegame is a glorious beacon of light lovethegame is a glorious beacon of light lovethegame is a glorious beacon of light lovethegame is a glorious beacon of light lovethegame is a glorious beacon of light lovethegame is a glorious beacon of light lovethegame is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Laura Robson: The Silver Medal Years 2012-

Krajan is Davis Cup Captain for Croatia Men which starts on the weekend....Can Robson not get into Dubai? What is the cut off there?
lovethegame is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 10:23 PM   #1187
country flag Play_Suspended
Finding a cure for double-faultitis

Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of

Time to dust off the TF account I think and start posting again rather than just lurking!

Congrats to Laura for the victory over Petra, decent AO. As one of the other posters said she's pretty much matching Sloane's results from last year which seeing as they're 10 months apart in birth date is pretty good. Laura is also ranked significantly higher than Sloane was at this point in time. Sloane's YE ranking when she was 18 (3 months before her 19th birthday) was 97, Laura's YE ranking last year (1 month before her 19th birthday) was 53. So plenty of time to play catch up and shut some of GM up

Hopefully the shoulder is nothing too serious, little worrying she keeps getting niggles there. She's def out of Pattaya as Spiceboy said, Laura confirmed it in a tweet to Kirilenko today. Sensible decision I think, rest up for a couple of weeks and prep for Fed Cup and hopefully a successful run in Doha and beyond. Be great to see her getting some more points in tournies outside of the grand slams, although these are obvs the biggest points opportunities moving up the rankings really needs more runs like those in China and Palermo last year. It's a difficult balance with the schedule choosing weaker tournaments where you can load up on points but still playing enough ones with quality fields so you can toughen up and improve your game. Hopefully her team will find the right balance.

Oh and belated happy birthday Laura!
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 10:39 PM   #1188
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethegame View Post
Krajan is Davis Cup Captain for Croatia Men which starts on the weekend....Can Robson not get into Dubai? What is the cut off there?
Ranked too low for Dubai main draw. She is playing Doha

Sent from my iPod touch using VS Free
guichard is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 10:39 PM   #1189
country flag no-hay-igual

no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play_Suspended View Post
Time to dust off the TF account I think and start posting again rather than just lurking!

Congrats to Laura for the victory over Petra, decent AO. As one of the other posters said she's pretty much matching Sloane's results from last year which seeing as they're 10 months apart in birth date is pretty good. Laura is also ranked significantly higher than Sloane was at this point in time. Sloane's YE ranking when she was 18 (3 months before her 19th birthday) was 97, Laura's YE ranking last year (1 month before her 19th birthday) was 53. So plenty of time to play catch up and shut some of GM up

Hopefully the shoulder is nothing too serious, little worrying she keeps getting niggles there. She's def out of Pattaya as Spiceboy said, Laura confirmed it in a tweet to Kirilenko today. Sensible decision I think, rest up for a couple of weeks and prep for Fed Cup and hopefully a successful run in Doha and beyond. Be great to see her getting some more points in tournies outside of the grand slams, although these are obvs the biggest points opportunities moving up the rankings really needs more runs like those in China and Palermo last year. It's a difficult balance with the schedule choosing weaker tournaments where you can load up on points but still playing enough ones with quality fields so you can toughen up and improve your game. Hopefully her team will find the right balance.

Oh and belated happy birthday Laura!

youve been away for a while welcome back !!

If you don't stand for something you'll fall for anything
no-hay-igual is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 11:09 PM   #1190

Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by no-hay-igual View Post
youve been away for a while welcome back !!
Thanks! Yeah think this is my first post in about 1.5 years...annoying how work gets in the way Anyway good to get into it properly again rather than just skimming GM every now and then. Been keeping up with Laura's results tho! Spent the whole of the Kvitova match sat in the toilets at work as it was the only place I could get strong enough Wifi signal to stream on It was freezing...the things we do for our favs.

Hoping 2013 can be a year of real progress, just need to get the serve firing and get some more consistency (easier said than done...). Oh and stay injury free!
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 11:23 PM   #1191
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

Quote:
Hoping 2013 can be a year of real progress, just need to get the serve firing and get some more consistency (easier said than done...). Oh and stay injury free!
It could've been Laura who plays 2013 AO SF today! I see Laura surpassing Stephens in the long run.
18majors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 11:32 PM   #1192
country flag Dawson.

Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome back, Play_Suspended It's like 2008 all over again!

... for some reason.
Dawson. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 11:36 PM   #1193

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18majors View Post
It could've been Laura who plays 2013 AO SF today! I see Laura surpassing Stephens in the long run.
I know! What an opportunity with a slam draw opening up like that. I think Laura definitely has the potential to surpass Sloane, if she can bring an all round higher level of consistency to her game. I believe that if Laura and Sloane both played at their best Laura would win. She just needs to find her US open form again.

Interestingly Sloane is really a slow developer ranking wise compared to some of the younger top players (Caro, Vika, Aga and even Ana). If you compare rankings at 17, 18, 19 Sloane is really a year (or two in Caro and Ana's cases) behind them. Laura is about 9 months behind Vika and Aga. Crazy to think Caro and Ana were ranked just outside the top 10 before they were 19 . Wonder if Vekic can meet their rate of progress. Although they also show being the youngest is not always the best, slower more steady progress can be better in the long run).
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 11:42 PM   #1194

Quote:
Originally Posted by e5dawsonj View Post
Welcome back, Play_Suspended It's like 2008 all over again!
God that seems like ages ago. I remember thinking when Laura won wimby jrs 'I wonder where she'll be in 5 years time', well things haven't worked out too badly!

Nice to see Sveta making a comeback, makes it feel like 2007 to me, Justine and Kuzzy at the top of the WTA.
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 03:37 AM   #1195
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future

Quote:
I know! What an opportunity with a slam draw opening up like that. I think Laura definitely has the potential to surpass Sloane, if she can bring an all round higher level of consistency to her game. I believe that if Laura and Sloane both played at their best Laura would win. She just needs to find her US open form again.

Interestingly Sloane is really a slow developer ranking wise compared to some of the younger top players (Caro, Vika, Aga and even Ana). If you compare rankings at 17, 18, 19 Sloane is really a year (or two in Caro and Ana's cases) behind them. Laura is about 9 months behind Vika and Aga. Crazy to think Caro and Ana were ranked just outside the top 10 before they were 19 . Wonder if Vekic can meet their rate of progress. Although they also show being the youngest is not always the best, slower more steady progress can be better in the long run).
Yeah just look at larcher de brito and cornet.(just staying with the current generation of girls born since 1989)
guichard is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2013, 03:40 AM   #1196
country flag JamieOwen3

JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute

I was supposed to upload this last week but decided not to because two other AO Highlights were removed by TA. Anyway.

Laura Robson vs Melanie Oudin 2013 Australian Open 1st round Highlights

Maria Sharapova Venus & Serena Martina Hingis Anna Kournikova Monica Seles Ana Ivanovic Victoria Azarenka Jelena Dokic Laura Robson Eugenie Bouchard Heather Watson Marion Bartoli Petra Kvitova Donna Vekic

Official Siberian Death Stare Of The Maria Mafia
Andy Murray 2013 Wimbledon Champion. @TheGrandSlams
JamieOwen3 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2013, 06:41 AM   #1197
Royals.

Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute

JamieOwen3 thank you so much for posting the highlights!
Old Jan 25th, 2013, 05:58 PM   #1198
country flag Valorian

Valorian is a glorious beacon of light Valorian is a glorious beacon of light Valorian is a glorious beacon of light Valorian is a glorious beacon of light Valorian is a glorious beacon of light Valorian is a glorious beacon of light Valorian is a glorious beacon of light Valorian is a glorious beacon of light Valorian is a glorious beacon of light Valorian is a glorious beacon of light Valorian is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieOwen3 View Post
I was supposed to upload this last week but decided not to because two other AO Highlights were removed by TA. Anyway.

Laura Robson vs Melanie Oudin 2013 Australian Open 1st round Highlights

Thank you.
Valorian is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 01:43 AM   #1199
country flag Valorian

Valorian is a glorious beacon of light Valorian is a glorious beacon of light Valorian is a glorious beacon of light Valorian is a glorious beacon of light Valorian is a glorious beacon of light Valorian is a glorious beacon of light Valorian is a glorious beacon of light Valorian is a glorious beacon of light Valorian is a glorious beacon of light Valorian is a glorious beacon of light Valorian is a glorious beacon of light

What you guys think her ranking will be at the end of the year?
Valorian is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 02:36 AM   #1200
country flag claypova
#sugarfamily

claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucas89 View Post
What you guys think her ranking will be at the end of the year?
I reckon she will get into the top 30
claypova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote