Beyonce's Colossal Fail: lip-synching the National Anthem at the inauguration - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 05:35 PM   #16
country flag Talula

Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Beyonce's Colossal Fail: lip-synching the National Anthem at the inauguration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodoboy. View Post

Even our broadsheets have become celebrity obsessed. No wonder circulation is declining rapidly.

Players I root for now: Heather, Laura, Lucie, Marion, Serena, Simona, Svetlana, Venus, Vika. And Caroline.
Doubles and Mixed Doubles are fun and underrated.
Talula is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 05:37 PM   #17
country flag Talula

Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Beyonce's Colossal Fail: lip-synching the National Anthem at the inauguration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen Lawson View Post
If she can't sing live, don't sign up for the gig!
Ah Helen, we are both from another era! There was a time when vocalists wanted the world to know they could sing live and always sang live!

Players I root for now: Heather, Laura, Lucie, Marion, Serena, Simona, Svetlana, Venus, Vika. And Caroline.
Doubles and Mixed Doubles are fun and underrated.
Talula is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 06:34 PM   #18
country flag *JR*

*JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute
Re: MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING

Was Beyonce there? (Yes). Was it her voice? (Yes).

This so-called scandal means "zilch, zippo, nada, nothing".
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 06:39 PM   #19
country flag ServeCaspian

ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute

I don't get why people are going off on one, she can clearly sing.
Plus are people expected her to sing live @ the superbowl?
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 10:00 PM   #20
country flag Pops Maellard
Quiche

Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute

I too don't get the backlash. Even if she sang live, she would've sounded pretty much like that anyway. She's always in tune.

Come Along If You Need A Break From Tennis, But Want To Stay On TF.
Pops Maellard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 10:14 PM   #21
country flag Marcelo.
I see your green eyes, everytime I close mine.

Marcelo. has a reputation beyond repute Marcelo. has a reputation beyond repute Marcelo. has a reputation beyond repute Marcelo. has a reputation beyond repute Marcelo. has a reputation beyond repute Marcelo. has a reputation beyond repute Marcelo. has a reputation beyond repute Marcelo. has a reputation beyond repute Marcelo. has a reputation beyond repute Marcelo. has a reputation beyond repute Marcelo. has a reputation beyond repute

LOL at people overreacting
She's one of the few current "Pop stars" who can actually sing
You go HoneyBee
Marcelo. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 10:52 PM   #22
country flag mykarma

mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pov View Post
http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/...ry?id=18285823

Did Beyonce Lip-Sync the 'Star-Spangled Banner' at the Inauguration?

BY SHUSHANNAH WALSHE (@shushwalshe) AND DAVID MEYERS
Jan. 22, 2013

Say it ain't so, B.

Beyonce lip-synced the Star-Spangled Banner at Monday's inaugural ceremonies, a Marine Corps Band spokeswoman said today.

The band wasn't playing when Beyonce sang her rousing rendition of the Star-Spangled Banner at President Obama's second inauguration Monday.

"We all know Beyonce can sing," Master Sgt. of the U.S. Marine Corps Band Kristin Dubois told ABC News today. "We all know the Marine Corps Band can play. We do not know why she decided to go with the pre-recorded music at the last minute."

Dubois later added that to her knowledge Beyonce was not singing. It was Beyonce's voice, but a pre-recorded version heard by about million people in Washington, D.C. and millions more on television.

A representative for Beyonce did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

The band was not playing while Beyonce was singing, Dubois added, but it was live during the rest of the performances, including Kelly Clarkson's rendition of "My Country, 'Tis of Thee." The band was asked not to play for only that performance, Dubois added.

Clarkson could be seen signaling to Beyonce after the National Anthem performance and appeared to mouth the words, "Its so hard."

James Taylor, another performer at the cold outdoor inauturation ceremony, said on Monday he was happy to get through his performance "without any train wrecks.

"It's always hard for a guitar player to play when it's cold because your hands sort of stiffen up and you know nerves tend to do that to you anyway…so I was you know very relieved to have gotten to it without any major train wrecks," he told George Stephanopoulos and Diane Sawyer.

The issue surfaced Tuesday when Washingtonian magazine first reported that it didn't seem as though the President's Own Marine Corps Band was playing during her rendition.

The pop star seemed to be having audio issues at one point during the song, pulling out her ear piece.

Dubois said she did not know why Beyonce took the ear piece out.

The Washingtonian also noted that Beyonce posted an Instagram photo of herself in a recording studio holding a copy of the sheet music to the "Star-Spangled Banner."

It's not the first time for synced music at an Obama inauguration. In 2009, the cellist Yo-Yo Ma and the violinist Itzhak Perlman, because of cold and wind, did not play the version of John Williams' "Air and Simple Gifts" that was projected onto the Mall.

Monday's noon temperature of 40 degrees was 3 degrees above the average inauguration swearing-in temperature of 37, according to the Washington Post.
Who cares it was her voice.
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 11:10 PM   #23
country flag Roookie

Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute

Beyonce lip-synching is front page worthy news?
Roookie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 11:16 PM   #24
country flag Dodoboy.

Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute

Dodoboy. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote