Petra Kvitova News and Articles - Page 133 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 12:22 PM   #1981
country flag paulmara

paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Petra Kvitova News and Articles

Navrátilová wants to meet Petra

http://isport.blesk.cz/clanek/tenis-...rtu-stydi.html
paulmara is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 01:57 PM   #1982
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulmara View Post
Somebody please translate.

I got the gist of it: Martina and Petra tweet. However, Martina wants to meet and talk to Petra--in person soon! Tweeting is not enough at the moment.... Martina feels Petra needs to get faster and was faster 2 yrs ago; feels her tennis needs to be more consistent; feels her mentality is not good...She feels Petra can correct these things.... And she cried when Petra started to fall apart--later in the third set vs the young Robson.

I guess, I hope, this is the much anticipated and speculated Martina-Petra 'Heart To Heart/intervention, finally?

To be honest, I/we don't know!! I'm just scraping on to any glimmer of hope.

We only hope, cross our fingers--that they even meet, knowing Petra and her team.

Nonetheless, much of the article appears garbled (unless that's the best Google could do this time). I'm curious to know what the rest of it says. It also appears this is the intro of an upcoming longer interview, right guys?

I really hope these two meet and Martina convinces her to blow up her staff or at least to look inward. I'm sure she knows Petra's/their work habits are quite poor, or at least not very effective for a potential great Champion like Petra--week in week out, especially playing against today's hot players. There's no excuse for it. And Martina knows it!

I really hope she reaches Petra (mentally, not just physically/in person) as well. I know Martina feels Petra is practically allowing Majors to slip out of her hands every few months, every year now, and feels Kvitova should be winning some to. Why not!?

Lastly, I hope this is a real attempt to meet with Petra (and not just media hyperbole or another dead end), and both parties--only Petra and Martina will comply. We'll see?

Thanks guys, for any further translations.

Last edited by Excelscior : Jan 23rd, 2013 at 03:15 PM.
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 02:00 PM   #1983
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Martina is a traitor for daring to question the CCC or the expert advice that Petra receives

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

W(PE)TA: Women's Pathetic Enabler Tennis Association

LOOK! It's CLEAR; Carousel is a LIE! You don't HAVE to die! You can LIVE; LIVE and GROW OLD!
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 02:18 PM   #1984
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Martina is a traitor for daring to question the CCC or the expert advice that Petra receives
It's a damn shame Bruce! Here we have an All Time Great, Former Czech, that follows and knows the game--via her Tennis Channel gig, who has to repeatedly, openly and publicly plead or state her case to wanna meet with the slumping Kvitova for some Big Mama Advice over the past year!

HCFB (Holy Clusterfuck Batman)!!?
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 02:32 PM   #1985
country flag netphobia

netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold

Oh, God, I hope they're able to talk. On the phone or in person or SOMeTHING. All I know is Martina provides more insightful commentary in about 5 minutes than Chrissie Evert has for like 5 years
petra

maria
domi • sveta • sam • katia • lena • alla • petko
netphobia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 02:54 PM   #1986
country flag steni

steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of

Quote:
Yes!
steni is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 05:27 PM   #1987
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post
It's a damn shame Bruce! Here we have an All Time Great, Former Czech, that follows and knows the game--via her Tennis Channel gig, who has to repeatedly, openly and publicly plead or state her case to wanna meet with the slumping Kvitova for some Big Mama Advice over the past year!

HCFB (Holy Clusterfuck Batman)!!?
Speaking of abbreviations,you may recall that 'CCCP' was the Russian-language version of 'USSR' back in the days of the Communist Bloc.I just realized that we could replace the 'P' and add another 'C' for 'Cermosek's CZECH Clown College',or 'CCCC'.We could even add a fifth 'C' to form 'Cermosek's CRAZY Czech Clown College'...but then Petronius would go into conniptions.

Seriously,though,I was more than happy when Flacco proved me wrong in that he was capable of leading a team to a title(doesn't guarantee that they'll win,of course).I'd be equally pleased,and apologetic,if Petra's team surprised me by finding solutions to the current problems

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

LOOK! It's CLEAR; Carousel is a LIE! You don't HAVE to die! You can LIVE; LIVE and GROW OLD!
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 05:31 PM   #1988
country flag Petronius

Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute

Full version of the Martina interview should be out tomorrow.

Let's see what she has to say. She definitely has a big mouth.
Petronius is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 06:16 PM   #1989
country flag paulmara

paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Somebody please translate.
(audio) Martina „I must go to her, she will not ask. Perhaps I will find her somewhere. I would like to help her.“

http://www.rozhlas.cz/zpravy/tenis/_...itove--1165555
paulmara is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 06:44 PM   #1990
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petronius View Post
Full version of the Martina interview should be out tomorrow.

Let's see what she has to say. She definitely has a big mouth.
Forgot all about that other thread you created cuz there haven't been any posts there since last November.Will reserve my stronger comments for that thread from here on out

Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 07:28 PM   #1991
country flag GoofyDuck

GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute

I am waiting for : BOMBSHELL, Martina Navratilova becomes new coach of Kvitova..

Jelena Jankovic - Vera Zvonareva - Zhang Shuai - Venus Williams - Petra Kvitova - Zheng Jie - Li Na - Serena Williams - Peng Shuai - Hsieh Su-Wei
GoofyDuck is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 08:45 PM   #1992
country flag Excelscior

Quote:
(audio) Martina „I must go to her, she will not ask. Perhaps I will find her somewhere. I would like to help her.“

http://www.rozhlas.cz/zpravy/tenis/_...itove--1165555
Good Jesus, it is an intervention attempt. Hallelujah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good Luck Martinaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

Glad she sees/knows what we see, and has finally had enough!

She's already expressed this several times already on the air (Tennis Channel) and to the media about Petra's lack of preparation.

SMH
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 09:03 PM   #1993
country flag steni

steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of

Quote:
Good Jesus, it is an intervention attempt. Hallelujah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good Luck Martinaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

Glad she sees/knows what we see, and has finally had enough!

She's already expressed this several times already on the air (Tennis Channel) and to the media about Petra's lack of preparation.

SMH
Im wondering if there is something else behind Martina's desire to help Petra. I meant they just met in 2011 and they barely talk, dont get me wrong I'd love to see Petra and Martina working together but its weird to me that someone like Martina want to help Petra, I dont know if she has done this before with other players...
steni is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 09:25 PM   #1994
country flag Excelscior

Quote:
Originally Posted by steni View Post
Im wondering if there is something else behind Martina's desire to help Petra. I meant they just met in 2011 and they barely talk, dont get me wrong I'd love to see Petra and Martina working together but its weird to me that someone like Martina want to help Petra, I dont know if she has done this before with other players...
1) Because Martina has already called Petra 'the most talented player on the tour', outside maybe Serena.

And she's definitely said she was more talented than Azarenka and Sharapova. Plus, I think Martina expects a lot from her!

2) Petra's Czech (Duh)!

3) Petra has not played--even consistent top 20-30 level tennis the past 4 months. And her preparation sucks! She see/knows somethings wrong, obviously.

4) Maybe she sees Petra's not happy and enjoying Tennis anymore?

5) Maybe she's sees a little bit of herself in Petra, due to some of their similarities, career marks/style and story. That's just a few.

And why else do you feel Martina would want to help her, besides what I wrote?

Unfortunately, I don't think Martina can really help Petra, if she doesn't want the help herself. Maybe this is a Grand Stand move for Martina to publicly, politely place pressure on Petra or her Team and Management?

Remember, when Martina and Pavel Slozil weren't initially invited to the Fed Cup, due to some disagreements with the Tennis Big Wigs over there??

Maybe there's a silent battle going on now over Petra???

Just listen to Martina, 'she won't contact me, so I have to see her'.

I think she's Fed Up.

That's good. Cause I would have thought she may have gave up by now.

Last edited by Excelscior : Jan 23rd, 2013 at 10:22 PM.
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 10:17 PM   #1995
country flag lupojohn
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by steni View Post
I dont know if she has done this before with other players...
She worked with Sveta when she won the Open. They even played doubles.

RIP Elena Baltacha. You were taken far too soon from us. You will be missed, loved and remembered.
Vicky Duval Get well soon. We're all pulling for you in this awful fight you now face.
lupojohn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote