Going East for Success (February Thread) - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 09:39 PM   #16
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future
Re: Going East for Success (February Thread)

Ana will win Pattaya, no other outcome possible.
18majors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 10:11 PM   #17
country flag Ivanovic2008

Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute

I have kind of feeling that Ana will tank Pattaya or just play super shitty, but I hope to god, she proves me wrong. She seriously needs some points and a title.
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 10:23 PM   #18
country flag Cp6uja

Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying_pancake View Post
Do not be so pessimistic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon Daniel View Post
There is no real fan who can be so pessimistic like you are obviously.
Pessimistic!? Just wait March, and if Ana stays injury-free, I will be the first one here (if not only) with courage to predict in public that Ana will reach PREMIER MANDATORY semifinal (more likely in Indian Wells than in Miami) - not to mention my already giant expectations of Ana at Roland Garros 2013!
But for February, believe me, this is most realistic prediction and scenario for Ana

BTW, from same reasons last season I predict even more pathetic February for Ana, with big success already at first March tournament in Indian Wells! Here is one of my posts from that time:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cp6uja View Post
It's not classic tank-job which Ana doing lately, because she never starts some match with intention to lose. But seems to me that several months ago Ana make some "strategic" decision to play 100% seriously only at events with day-play and day-bye schedule (I'm doubt that hers coach or management have anything with that). Only exception of that rule will be just three others day-to-day WTA events: premier mandatory Madrid and Beijing, and Olympic Games (and maybe two-day event FED CUP)! According to another my theory about Ana called "plan A and plan BS" Ana have big problem to beat any TOP50 opponent with hers back-up game.

So Ana arrive in Dubai, already reach there more money than all future Dubai winners in next 5 years (signing exclusive contract to be global brand ambassador of WTA Dubai general sponsor) and will play seriously there hers first match. Thats why is good fact that 1st round opponent is seeded player and WTA big name Schiavone.

That's why my expectations of Ana in Dubai is focused only on 1st round match vs Schiavone (why she traveled at all if she not play seriously 1st match), and for real big expectations I will wait first next non day-to-day event (Indian Wells two-weekers).

And BTW (for the future you should to know): I'm always joking and I'm always serious - in same time
There is not any proof that after about 20 months anything is changed with Ana hopeless fitness and body ability to play decent at day-to-day tournaments. AO GS and Hopman Cup Round Robin both have day pause between matches, only exception is HC final (day after end of HC RR), and how Ana played in that only so far 2013 day-to-day case? She lose against Spanish grand-ma Medina and in mixed-doubles played like zombi But on other hand she is still TOP10 material at tournaments with day pause between matches (Grand Slams and Premier Mandatory), so she already this month beat some notable WTA players like Jankovic and Schiavone, won on bad day one three-setter, played well in 2nd set against WTA#4. That's I give Ana better chances to beat back-to-back two TOP10 opponents at Indian Wells, than playing day-to-day in Pattaya to beat two TOP50 back-to-back.
Quote:
There is no real fan who can be so pessimistic like you are obviously.
It's not secret that I'm not real fan of Ana - that fact is even part of my signature

AMAZING BELGRADE MIRACLE: In just three years (2008-2011) 5 different players born in same city reach world #1 in rankings and several GS titles and finals (WTA singles: Ana Ivanovic and Jelena Jankovic, ATP singles: Novak Djokovic, ATP doubles: Nenad Zimonjic and Daniel Nestor... with notable performances of Bojana Jovanovski, Janko Tipsarevic and Viktor Troicki which is also all three born in Belgrade)
Cp6uja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 07:37 AM   #19
country flag The 2nd Law

The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute

I don't care what anyone says, Cp6uja is the best poster on this forum

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 08:20 AM   #20
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute

Cp6uja seems a bit crazy but his theories unfortunately almost never fail.. and when they do, its because he is too optimistic at times..

Making mistakes is human, repeating them is dumb.

What I write is my opinion, and my opinion only.
gaviotabr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 09:26 AM   #21
Evan James

Evan James has a reputation beyond repute Evan James has a reputation beyond repute Evan James has a reputation beyond repute Evan James has a reputation beyond repute Evan James has a reputation beyond repute Evan James has a reputation beyond repute Evan James has a reputation beyond repute Evan James has a reputation beyond repute Evan James has a reputation beyond repute Evan James has a reputation beyond repute Evan James has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, Cpbija, let's see how your prediction goes. Ana will play good in february, she is going to win Pattaya and will go deep in Doha OR Dubai, that is my bet!

As of Roland Garros 2013, my expectations are very high too (at least SF or even F and when you are in the F, who knows what migh happen next), but first I will have to see her play in Madrid and Rome, and I hope she plays Stuttgart as well.
Highest ranking: #1 Current ranking: #11
2005: Canberra 2006: Montreal 2007: Berlin, Los Angeles, Luxembourg 2008: Indian Wells, Roland Garros, Linz 2010: Linz, Bali 2011: Bali
2014: Auckland, Monterrey, Birmingham
Evan James is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 11:06 AM   #22
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

Well, if she tanks February, she won't be #12 seed in IW, so she won't do well there. Serena won't play IW, so with her current ranking Ana would be #12 seed, but other girls can easily overtake her ranking spot if she doesn't show up in February.
Cajka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 11:29 AM   #23
Evan James

Evan James has a reputation beyond repute Evan James has a reputation beyond repute Evan James has a reputation beyond repute Evan James has a reputation beyond repute Evan James has a reputation beyond repute Evan James has a reputation beyond repute Evan James has a reputation beyond repute Evan James has a reputation beyond repute Evan James has a reputation beyond repute Evan James has a reputation beyond repute Evan James has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajka View Post
Well, if she tanks February, she won't be #12 seed in IW, so she won't do well there. Serena won't play IW, so with her current ranking Ana would be #12 seed, but other girls can easily overtake her ranking spot if she doesn't show up in February.
Yes. It is extremly importatnt for Ana to win Pattaya, at first place because she needs 12th WTA title, she needs to experience the trophy in her hands ASAP. Also, being #11 seed in IW would be a great position. Possible opponents in 4th round would be Errani, Kvitova or Sam, so she would have a great chance for another quarterfinal and clash with some of the top 5 players for the spot in the semis.
2005: Canberra 2006: Montreal 2007: Berlin, Los Angeles, Luxembourg 2008: Indian Wells, Roland Garros, Linz 2010: Linz, Bali 2011: Bali
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 11:52 AM   #24
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

It's been ages since she won anything so this is a good opportunity for her. Hopefully, she won take it lightly as 'just a warm up' but will put a lot of effort into it.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 03:06 PM   #25
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

Ana is one of the best ball strikers in WTA, she will win Pattaya because of her talent.
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 04:12 PM   #26
country flag Cp6uja

Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Ok, Cpbija, let's see how your prediction goes. Ana will play good in february, she is going to win Pattaya and will go deep in Doha OR Dubai, that is my bet!
Your predictions is based on simple truth that is way more easy for some tennis player to make success on MM tournament with shity Entry List than on Big One, where everyone playing and give theirs best - but for Your good - DON'T BET ON THAT!!!
You forget that we don't talking here about some random WTA Player-X, but about our lovely Ana Ivanovic, which is everything but not normal WTA case.
Ana's body is still seems not ready for day-to-day events according to only test which she have so far this season (Hopman Cup final, where she is highly motivated to win BTW). I know that Ana needs points in february, that Ana desperately needs some title (she is titleless in whole 2012), that field in Pattaya is shity - but I want to ask You is this first month out of last 20 where she needs easy points or easy title? Not... so she will most likely underperform again - but if she stay injury free - don't mess with Ana in Indian Wells!

Do You know that Ana reach at all day-to-day events after French Open (Premier-5, Premier, Olympics and MM) just about 400 points, similar to Vesna Dolonc case (Jankovic or Jovanovski both reach over 650), and if she not reach Moscow semifinal where she played hers 100% because its 2012 season's last WTA tournament for Ana and she also want to have good preparation for FED CUP final on HC-Indoors surface - even Aleksandra Krunic reach more points than Ana on day-to-day events since RG! But on tournaments where exist day pause for recovering between matches (Grand Slams and also 4 Premier Mandatory events before SF round), Ana reach much more points in last 10-15-20 months than Jelena, Bojana, Vesna and Aleksandra TOGETHER in same period!

AMAZING BELGRADE MIRACLE: In just three years (2008-2011) 5 different players born in same city reach world #1 in rankings and several GS titles and finals (WTA singles: Ana Ivanovic and Jelena Jankovic, ATP singles: Novak Djokovic, ATP doubles: Nenad Zimonjic and Daniel Nestor... with notable performances of Bojana Jovanovski, Janko Tipsarevic and Viktor Troicki which is also all three born in Belgrade)
Cp6uja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 04:22 PM   #27
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

Srbija, her only titles after RG were MM titles, she reached only one PM final and few other significant SFs (3 to be precise). So, if you believe that she will tank all events apart from slams and PMs for the rest of her career, I need to ask you if believe that she'll ever win a title again.
Cajka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 05:24 PM   #28
Evan James

Maybe Ana had some indifferent attitude on internationals in last couple of years, but I think situation is completely different now. Ana has 11 title in her career and she must be aware of the fact she should have much more titles, besides, she will be 26 this year, so there is no way that she will not give 100 percent to win this tournament IMO. (at least I hope) The moment is crucial and this is why:
1. Ana needs new title after 14 months.
2. She must try to be Top 12 on WTA before IW and Miami because of the draw.
3. She is a clear favorite in Pattaya, like come on, she must take that.

I agree that big tournaments motivate Ana much more, especially IW and Miami, but I hope she will realize how important for her is the following month.

Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 05:32 PM   #29
country flag 18majors

I like what I see of Ana in 2013, she will be fine!
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 05:40 PM   #30
Evan James

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18majors View Post
I like what I see of Ana in 2013, she will be fine!
I agree. But, she must beat top 5 player ASAP!